Solution
It will depend upon the course.

I am told there are now some good standalone ones. Prior to that, and most of those will still exist, it was a con and the only good ones were postgrad programs, and even those would have been more for fun than profit. Be very wary and if you know someone in real life that might be able to say then find them now before you get stung. Job wise then the obvious one is penetration tester, though most companies hiring for them will know how iffy those programs are/were so again be sure you are going into a good one.

So without knowing where or having a course listing I can not say. I should note though that a lot of those sorts of course focus a lot on web and sysadmin/network admin sorts of things*. The...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It will depend upon the course.

I am told there are now some good standalone ones. Prior to that, and most of those will still exist, it was a con and the only good ones were postgrad programs, and even those would have been more for fun than profit. Be very wary and if you know someone in real life that might be able to say then find them now before you get stung. Job wise then the obvious one is penetration tester, though most companies hiring for them will know how iffy those programs are/were so again be sure you are going into a good one.

So without knowing where or having a course listing I can not say. I should note though that a lot of those sorts of course focus a lot on web and sysadmin/network admin sorts of things*. The sort of hacking we deal a lot in around here, which is to say hacking consoles and the games that run on them, tends to see people come from fairly hardcore takes on computer science or from things like electrical engineering. You might still be able to do something but most of that will be the efforts you make yourself.

*think

more than stuff you see around here. Fascinating stuff but maybe not what you had in mind.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto