Hacking 6.1.0 ChoiDujour Switch is Dead ???

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i used the app in the title to update from 6.0 & now the Switch seems dead to me. it should reboot to complete the FW installation but it just went to black screen

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
no auto rcm & i used switch to update

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok it's working now, i tried activating ReiNX & Switch started working again. why it wouldn't turn on normally ? is it now fully dependant on ReiNX in order for it to turn on just like 3DS with Luma ?

also you guys are awesome when it comes to helping others in scary situations, i truly appreciate your kindness :wub:

Last edited by satel,
Reactions: andeers and Ty_

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ok it's working now, i tried activating ReiNX & Switch started working again. why it wouldn't turn on normally ? is it now fully dependant on ReiNX in order for it to turn on just like 3DS with Luma ?

also you guys are awesome when it comes to helping others in scary situations, i truly appreciate your kindness :wub:
cuz it enable autorcm by default when u update the firmware with it.
u need to send payload everytime u boot up the switch

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I am using lastest SX OS update and my system is on auto rcm.

I updated my system from 5.1.0 to 6.1.0 directly using this app.

I forgot to backup my system nand haha thank god nothing went wrong.

Reactions: satel

Joaoaug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It didnt turn on without injecting a payload because by deafult it enables the autoRCM. You can manually disable it later, but if you boot the original firmware it will burn your fuses, like updating via the OFW normally does.
I dont see why would you update with choi and disable the autoRCM, because is easier and safer to update via OFW (you could only be playing safe to not get banned, but there is a risk of bricking your switch so...)

Reactions: Unknown77 and satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
there is a risk of bricking your switch so...)

how can you please explain ?

& yes i agree i don't see why i didn't update ofw via wifi instead of ChoiDujour

As long as you have a NAND backup, no such thing as a brick. Unless you steam clean it.

i made backup of boot 0/1 & system which is 2.6GB is this what they call NAND backup ?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

& yes i agree i don't see why i didn't update ofw via wifi instead of ChoiDujour
As long as you have a NAND backup, no such thing as a brick. Unless you p

i made backup of boot 0/1 & system which is 2.6GB is this what they call NAND backup ?
Yep.
Get a copy of your BIS keys too.

Reactions: satel

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Put it in your dock station a couple of times, that usually sorts it out.
I cant help notice your huge Speedtest image it looks very fake, take it down, your embarrassing yourself! why on earth would you have a download speed of 616.69Mbps which I doubt anyway! and a pitiful upload speed of 6.23Mbps which with a download of 616.93Mbps I would expect you to hit a range 21 - 50Mbps upload in the uk fttp standard every time I presume your not using any upload bandwidth at the time of the test else you would not bother posting it up. What provider are you with it could only be BT if you get fake speeds like that no other residential provider would?

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: andyhappypants

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
As long as you have a NAND backup, no such thing as a brick. Unless you p

Yep.
Get a copy of your BIS keys too.

is it the 7KB keys.txt file ? if not can you please give me the name of it so i can search for it in the backup i made

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didnt turn on without injecting a payload because by deafult it enables the autoRCM. You can manually disable it later, but if you boot the original firmware it will burn your fuses, like updating via the OFW normally does.
I dont see why would you update with choi and disable the autoRCM, because is easier and safer to update via OFW (you could only be playing safe to not get banned, but there is a risk of bricking your switch so...)
If you're already banned you can't update normally, you need to use this homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1