Gaming 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

dragonking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isabelyes said:
Thank you both for your answers; I believe I understand (almost) everything now.
(Also, I have indeed seen the True Ending, but that was a relatively long time ago, so I'd forgotten some details.)
Ah, that explains a lot. If you got more questions, just ask them
smile.gif

QUOTE(dysan @ Jan 5 2011, 07:05 PM) got 1 more question for all you guys

akane and junpei were great friends and supposedly in love
biggrin.gif
now...how the hell didn't junpei know about santa?I mean...he's only HER BROTHER.I guess they would meet each other at some point throughout his friendship with akane,don't you think?

and one last thing...in the past(1st nonary game-9 years ago) akane/june didn't die, right?
why did she need junpei to solve that last puzzle and get her out of the incinerator in the 2nd game?
are the 2 games being played at the same time?so junpei was the one who saved her all along?

my head hurts
wacko.gif
Either Junpei never saw him actually, or he couldn't recognize him now. The last seems stupid because Junpei could recognize Akane after all those years. Didn't Santa say in the safe ending that they lost their parents? In that case Santa would have a busy life raising his little sister. Maybe so busy that he was never there while Akane was with Junpei.
Still, it's strange...

That last question is a big mystery, only the writer knows the truth (however, he loved the discussion about the ending and decided not to tell it). There are tons of discussions about this. It's the biggest unanswered question after you beat the game...

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
1 more question that could be my last!

who was the killer in the knife and submarine endings?
I guess in the knife one it was ace?
but then in the submarine ending we see him slaughtered on the stairs along with the others....was he faking?could it be someone else?it couldn't have been cap...he was bound in the captain's room...then I got to thinking after I got the true ending that it could be alice that killed them all? lol

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
1 more question that could be my last!

who was the killer in the knife and submarine endings?
I guess in the knife one it was ace?
but then in the submarine ending we see him slaughtered on the stairs along with the others....was he faking?could it be someone else?it couldn't have been cap...he was bound in the captain's room...then I got to thinking after I got the true ending that it could be alice that killed them all? lol

Knife was Ace. I don't think there was ever a confirmation for who the killer was on the sub ending. Ace faking being dead to be able to 'surprise' the others seems most realistic. Only person who could have otherwise is Alice, who was supposedly on the REAL Gigantic, not 9 years in the future on the fake one, or Cap...who i'm sure was firmly stuck in his room.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
About A. :

By which I mean Allice, of course.
Could it be that she was rescued 9 years ago?
She would have had some time to get used to 'the future' - with some help from Santa and June.
They could have told her about what happened.
What if she was in the car Santa and June escaped with, ever since the Nonary Game in the present had begun?
Santa and June knew which car she was hiding in. After some time, they 'dumped' her in the desert (voluntarily, possibly) to talk with Junpei and co.
Santa and June might have meant for her to explain things to him; why the game was played, and what they had to do with it.

Of course, this is all mere speculation, but it's as probable as any other theory.

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
isabelyes said:
About A. :

She would have had some time to get used to 'the future' - with some help from Santa and June.
What if she was in the car Santa and June escaped with, ever since the Nonary Game in the present had begun?
Santa and June knew which car she was hiding in. After some time, they 'dumped' her in the desert (voluntarily, possibly) to talk with Junpei and co.
Santa and June might have meant for her to explain things to him; why the game was played, and what they had to do with it.

Of course, this is all mere speculation, but it's as probable as any other theory.
Alice was the one that appeared in the end when Junpei and Co. were riding the desert in the car, in a interview the developer said that Alice escaped before the first Nonary game and spent the time learning about the culture and that she has a reason to be in the Nevada Desert at that time, why she was dressed like that makes no sense to me.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zeroneo said:
isabelyes said:
About A. :

Alice was the one that appeared in the end when Junpei and Co. were riding the desert in the car, in a interview the developer said that Alice escaped before the first Nonary game and spent the time learning about the culture and that she has a reason to be in the Nevada Desert at that time, why she was dressed like that makes no sense to me.

I know she was the one at the ending. ^-^
Would you mind giving me a link to that interview? I can't remember reading about that, even though I've read at least one (other?) interview on Siliconera...
Also, wasn't she dressed like she was in the other pictures you saw when Junpei & co. were discussing her?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they left him there and everyone else found out after driving for a while (or was it when they found the car?)

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
got 1 more question for all you guys

biggrin.gif
now...how the hell didn't junpei know about santa?I mean...he's only HER BROTHER.I guess they would meet each other at some point throughout his friendship with akane,don't you think?

and one last thing...in the past(1st nonary game-9 years ago) akane/june didn't die, right?
why did she need junpei to solve that last puzzle and get her out of the incinerator in the 2nd game?
are the 2 games being played at the same time?so junpei was the one who saved her all along?

my head hurts
wacko.gif

remember when they said the people on the gigantic were recievers and the kids in the fake were senders i think junpei was junes sender. they never specified weather or not the information could or could not be sent to some one of another time

TheDarkAss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I used AP and it still doesn't work on the TTDS running 6.40 MX menu (the one that allows Golden Sun to work).

Can anyone help out? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Taanis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pokefreak2008 said:
dysan said:

biggrin.gif

my head hurts
wacko.gif

remember when they said the people on the gigantic were recievers and the kids in the fake were senders i think junpei was junes sender. they never specified weather or not the information could or could not be sent to some one of another time

In one of the routes, I'm pretty sure they talk about the possibility of accesing the fields and send the information through time. Don't remember who and when, but I'm 99% sure of this.

PD: Akane/June is a sender, Junpei a receiver.

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Taanis said:
pokefreak2008 said:
dysan said:

biggrin.gif

my head hurts
wacko.gif

In one of the routes, I'm pretty sure they talk about the possibility of accesing the fields and send the information through time. Don't remember who and when, but I'm 99% sure of this.

PD: Akane/June is a sender, Junpei a receiver.
If Junpei was only a receiver, then he couldn't have sent Akane the Sudoku puzzle...right? So then, it wasn't Junpei who saved Akane? Or is just at that specific point of time the two were sending to each other?
wacko.gif

b00dles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using multiboot on my M3 Real and I can get everything else to work at the mo, Golden Sun, 4 Heroes of Light, new mini mario thing but this still keeps on crashing. I'm sure I've tried using each of the boots, all with the same effect (and Ysm3 leaves weird artefacting about the place which clips some of the letters, which is odd.)

I managed to get to the second 'investigate bit' through dilligent use of the save function but every time I click on a particular object in this new room, it freezes.

I'm using the robotkillers ROM and I can't seem to find another one out there.

Please help, I've really enjoyed what little of the game I've played so far!

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And here's the American popularity poll:
1 - Snake
2 - Clover
3 - Santa
4 - June
5 - Junpei
6 - Lotus
7 - Seven
8 - Ace
9 - 9th Man

A little different from the Japanese one.
Still no news about the questions we asked
frown.gif

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Zeroneo said:
1 - Snake
2 - Clover
3 - Santa
4 - June
5 - Junpei
6 - Lotus
7 - Seven
8 - Ace
9 - 9th Man

Still no news about the questions we asked
frown.gif
Yay! My favorite character made #1!
yay.gif

It's kinda funny how Santa, Junpei, and Seven placed at the same number as their in-game watches.
happy.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Zeroneo said:
1 - Snake
2 - Clover
3 - Santa
4 - June
5 - Junpei
6 - Lotus
7 - Seven
8 - Ace
9 - 9th Man

why is snake at the top?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
game01 said:
Zeroneo said:
1 - Snake
2 - Clover
3 - Santa
4 - June
5 - Junpei
6 - Lotus
7 - Seven
8 - Ace
9 - 9th Man

why is snake at the top?

I can't speak for the majority...but for me, because of the 'safe' ending.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep most here in Ohio say pop. Oh oh yea I mean North Korea