jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-new...odel-p-397.html

http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?products_id=274

So, I was wondering, which of these two would better work well with a supercard dsonei? Will they both work equally well?

Another question. Is there a place where I can get either of these cards for cheaper? I wouldn't mind another card as long as it gets the job done.

the main thing I want this for is to play GBA games. That is the one thing that I thought could happen on my dsonei (I'm an idiot) and I would love to be able to do. Being able to play gbc or gb games would be a secondary feature that would be nifty. I don't really know technical lingo, so any help would be highly appreciated.

Another point, I would love to be able to link the gba game to my ds game (aka, migrate pokemon from my gba game to soulsilver, or something). Cheats would be nice as well.

I am really new at this whole thing, and I just don't understand most of the features.
frown.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to play GBA games, get an EZ Flash 3in1.
With a Supercard Lite you'll have slowdown because the RAM isn't fast enough, you'll have to manually patch all the GBA roms on your PC, and there's no chance that you can PalPark pokémon with it.

If you have an EZ Flash 3in1, it'll be much easier, games will play perfectly, roms don't need patching, and Palpark can be done. I think Palpark requires games to be NOR flashed, but don't quote me on that since I've never tried it. I at least know that you need to patch the Soul Silver rom for it to read the 3in1, instead of retail carts.

There's also this business about the older 3in1 models and the Plus models, but I don't know enough about it.

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no where on this site was it mentioned that there was no removable storage, and this only had the ability to play one rom at a time. Does this mean I can only have one save on the 3in1 at a time?

Why is this major difference between the carts not mentioned on these forums?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakeyjake said:
So no where on this site was it mentioned that there was no removable storage, and this only had the ability to play one rom at a time. Does this mean I can only have one save on the 3in1 at a time?

That it is correct, the 3in1 can only hold 1 save at a time. What does this mean? If executed properly, your slot-1 will dump the save onto its MicroSD.

The major difference is that 3in1 has more homebrew support than any other slot-2 card.

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
jakeyjake said:

That it is correct, the 3in1 can only hold 1 save at a time. What does this mean? If executed properly, your slot-1 will dump the save onto its MicroSD.

The major difference is that 3in1 has more homebrew support than any other slot-2 card.

And if I were to have a hombrew application on it, like lameboy, would I only be able to have that and not be able to play any GBA games?

EDIT: I want to have many games stored on the cart that I want. Will supercard lite have this?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You linked to a SuperCard Lite which is $26.95 + atleast $5 shipping.

Why don't you just get a DSTWO for $35 delivered, it has a GBA emulator built in and then sell your DSONEi to a friend? it will probably work out easier and you'll be able to use it on a DSi/ DSi XL too.

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You linked to a SuperCard Lite which is $26.95 + atleast $5 shipping.

Why don't you just get a DSTWO for $35 delivered, it has a GBA emulator built in and then sell your DSONEi to a friend? it will probably work out easier and you'll be able to use it on a DSi/ DSi XL too.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Thanks!

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
@jakesyjake
- you can run multiple roms in ezflash.. but it will require slot-1 cart for you to store ROMS. Or use PogoShell?
- supercard dstwo is really bad at GBA emulation... i mean you can't run the real thing there. (i have DSTWO but only for NDS Commercial ROM support.. no patch thingy you know.)

- for GBA gameplay.. i always recommend to buy either ezflash 3in1 or a pair of GBA SP/Original and EZflashIV (EZFlashIV has a indipendent memory card for you to store your ROMS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/5zE3H65IDtM?si=cIVsTaWar9HofeR7