Hardware A few questions about my Nextbook 10.1 Model No. NXW10QC32G (1GB of ram)

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
Hey yep I got this and yeah it's actually a great tablet/laptop for gaming (only tried minecraft)
But now I have a few questions and they may or may not be smart but I need these answered:
1.My screen is cracked and it's no use I cant find a replacement for my screen can someone explain this
2.I want to make a sd card for the internal sd card slot be used as a ram device can it be possible that I use a 64gb micro sd card?
3.is it possible that this could be a hackintosh (can anyone test this for me)

EDIT #1: I want to know how much gb is sd card space used for ram and what is the maximum size I can use I want to get a 64gb so I can use half for pc space and half for ram

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
tries minecraft, it is a great computer for gaming! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1, i can explain that, the screen is cracked it has cracks on it. is this a good explanation?
ok now seriously.. you will have to know the screen specs and look for a compatible one.. if your device is rare, its gonna be hard.. my friend once bought the exact same laptop off ebay but with a cracked screen because he had one with water spilled on the motherboard, so from 2 halfs of a laptop he made 1 xD

2. no, ram is "special super internal fast memory" the best you can do is use a sd card for swap, or use windows ready boost (i never noticed any boost..) but that depends on the OS. however its not the same thing as ram... also, sd cards are flash memory, and any type of flash memory wear out fast if you give that use... you can install an SSD for make the thing react faster...
you can usually replace\add ram memory, you need to purchase compatible sticks and open the laptop with a screwdriver for that.
but no, you can't (in a praticall sense) use a SD card for ram.. it doesn't work like that...

edit, hers an article about screen, you can find lots of info online how to replace a broken screen http://lifehacker.com/5650973/diy-laptop-repairs-and-upgrades-fixing-a-screen-or-going-headless

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: raystriker

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
tries minecraft, it is a great computer for gaming! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

1, i can explain that, the screen is cracked it has cracks on it. is this a good explanation?
ok now seriously.. you will have to know the screen specs and look for a compatible one.. if your device is rare, its gonna be hard.. my friend once bought the exact same laptop off ebay but with a cracked screen because he had one with water spilled on the motherboard, so from 2 halfs of a laptop he made 1 xD

2. no, ram is "special super internal fast memory" the best you can do is use a sd card for swap, or use windows ready boost (i never noticed any boost..) but that depends on the OS. however its not the same thing as ram... also, sd cards are flash memory, and any type of flash memory wear out fast if you give that use... you can install an SSD for make the thing react faster...
you can usually replace\add ram memory, you need to purchase compatible sticks and open the laptop with a screwdriver for that.
but no, you can't (in a praticall sense) use a SD card for ram.. it doesn't work like that...

edit, hers an article about screen, you can find lots of info online how to replace a broken screen http://lifehacker.com/5650973/diy-laptop-repairs-and-upgrades-fixing-a-screen-or-going-headless
Listen im sorry i did not have time to post any kind of explation for myself but yes it is possible to use sd card for ram but i need a 2/4/6/8GB sd card since it is 32 bit if your like me you can understand tech a bit more than the normal nerdy geek (Neek if you prefer) But A i need to know why readyboost wont appear in my windows 8.1 autoplay menu for my 2gb sd card (the one that came with the 3ds in 2011) and yeah sorry for the shit poor screen cracked explation it's just needs a new screen but i have only found one person selling the screen on ebay and it has since been gone so...

EDIT:@raystriker ummm yeah if nextbook's site was not so shitty and had a support page for my pc i would go to their site and also i would call the hotline but they dont seen to know what product im talking about XD WHAT IDIOTS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@migles Great insult about my minecraft testing... jeez dont be such a jerk about this im just wanted help on this....:glare::glare::glare:

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Listen im sorry i did not have time to post any kind of explation for myself but yes it is possible to use sd card for ram but i need a 2/4/6/8GB sd card since it is 32 bit if your like me you can understand tech a bit more than the normal nerdy geek (Neek if you prefer) But A i need to know why readyboost wont appear in my windows 8.1 autoplay menu for my 2gb sd card (the one that came with the 3ds in 2011) and yeah sorry for the shit poor screen cracked explation it's just needs a new screen but i have only found one person selling the screen on ebay and it has since been gone so...

ready boost is totally shit, and it will not your computer actually have more ram.. programs will not use it...
as for it doesn't appear, check on the volume properties if it doesn't appear, ready boost is not compatible with taht reader since its not a generic usb reader..

btw, does that thing uses a real windows 8, or is it the shitty RT?

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
ready boost is totally shit, and it will not your computer actually have more ram.. programs will not use it...
as for it doesn't appear, check on the volume properties if it doesn't appear, ready boost is not compatible with taht reader since its not a generic usb reader..

btw, does that thing uses a real windows 8, or is it the shitty RT?
WOW dude im using a Hp Photosmart d110 printer to use this and yeah it runs windows 8.1 or else it would not be windows now would it?:teach:

EDIT:Also did i not tell you i cant find the screen and i also told you that the screen size was a 10.1" PLEASE READ MY WHOLE COMMENT...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey yep I got this and yeah it's actually a great tablet/laptop for gaming (only tried minecraft)
But now I have a few questions and they may or may not be smart but I need these answered:
1.My screen is cracked and it's no use I cant find a replacement for my screen can someone explain this
2.I want to make a sd card for the internal sd card slot be used as a ram device can it be possible that I use a 64gb micro sd card?
3.is it possible that this could be a hackintosh (can anyone test this for me)

EDIT #1: I want to know how much gb is sd card space used for ram and what is the maximum size I can use I want to get a 64gb so I can use half for pc space and half for ram
1. Those things are normally disposable in very low budget atom based tablets/pc, you can try your luck with a generic display.
2. WAT? Swapping to SD is not RAM, it is slow as hell virtual memory best case scenario and it, again, is not RAM, you are talking read/write speeds SEVERAL magnitudes apart (like if you told me you could use a tricycle as a F1 car).
3. That is not a hackintosh, the question perhaps is if you can turn it into a hackintosh... no idea, but with that hardware be ready for slow motion, you have too low RAM.

Windows let's you configure SWAP in a very flexible way, you can use as much as you want and locate it in an external SD if that is what you wish, but be prepared for swapping hell and horrendous performance.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...