A finished letter to Nintendo.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of me wants to say you wasted your time and there's no way anyone will read that, but I really respect the amount of time and especially the passion you put into your letter. I agree with it as well, but it's really well written, sincere and most importantly, 100% true. Nintendo is not a company I want to see fail and if they'd just wise up a bit, take their time designing their new HW and most importantly make great games for it, they could become relevant to the average consumer again and make up for lost time. Such a creative company needs to survive for the sake of the industry.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For the love of God, please read what you have written. Many of your sentences are so fragmented they lose all meaning. And I'm talking about real basic stuff here. You have the word 'champion' when I'm assuming you mean the word 'campaign'.

You need someone who has passed grade 10 English to go through and read it for you. You obviously use English as your second language, so it might make more sense to write it in your primary language.

Last edited by laudern,

Hungry Friend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the love of God, please read what you have written. Many of your sentences are so fragmented they lose all meaning. And I'm talking about real basic stuff here. You have the word 'champion' when I'm assuming you mean the word 'campaign'.

You need someone who has passed grade 10 English to go through and read it for you. You obviously use English as your second language, so it might make more sense to write it in your primary language.

It does need to be spell/grammar checked but I really like the passion and effort he put into the letter. After closer scrutiny though, yeah it definitely needs some polishing. Its message is sound though.

Reactions: Deleted User

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I passed university English year one' days ago. First draft could be way worse.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I passed university English year one' days ago.

I think this sentence sums up what I was getting at.

But look, that's besides the point. Your letter is based off emotion.

Most of it is pure subjective opinion. I could easily write a letter which is just as convincing as yours, based off my subjective opinion and contradict everything you have said. A company is all about one thing, money. For your letter to have even 0.1% of a chance of being taken seriously, you need to supply cold hard facts. Preferably monetary facts. So I probably wouldn't mention the wii/DS era in your letter at all.

Reactions: Yil

Hungry Friend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, the best thing for Nintendo fans to do is speak with their wallets. If the NX turns out to be sub-par and/or a big game ends up being shitty, don't buy it and let others know your opinion. I like the letter but laudern is right about big companies only caring about money and being essentially amoral for the most part. Big business executive types aren't exactly known for being emotional or compassionate individuals.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really, the best thing for Nintendo fans to do is speak with their wallets. If the NX turns out to be sub-par and/or a big game ends up being shitty, don't buy it and let others know your opinion. I like the letter but laudern is right about big companies only caring about money and being essentially amoral for the most part. Big business executive types aren't exactly known for being emotional or compassionate individuals.
By the time nx screw up Nintendo would be dead.

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When can we expect the second draft???
January. I will make it more formal also with errors corrected. Also addressing some other contents. I wish to get actual support when it becomes good enough. And just for those who think this might work, I am not going to talk about censorship.
As of emergency, I was referring to drop in reputation and popularity, not financially wise. Nintendo is way too important to die now. But still some of my hopes seems impossible.
And in response to some people my mother tone is even worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM