A gender-based look on Game Of Thrones

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
At the moment (beginning of the last season, season 8) there are two queens in GoT world: Cersei Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen.

Especially in traditional societies, men climb up the social ladder by conquest/success while woman attach themselves (or get attached to) high status men.
Robert Baratheon became king by defeating the old (mad) king and Cersei became and remained Queen by being his wife and pretending to have his children.

GOT-Ships-Cersei-Robert-470x263.jpeg

Even the latest episode (season 8, episode 1) suggests Cersei will once again pretend to have a man's children (even though they are somebody else's).

What does it represent?
Men and women tend to have a different understanding of truth.
It can be observed by watching the (boring) debate between Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson.
While for Harris, truth is that which is actually the case, Peterson defines truth as that which is beneficial.

[Spoiler Alert if you have not seen season 8 episode 1]
John Snow now knows the truth regarding his identity. He, not Daenerys should rule the world. Both he and Daenerys are certainly among the more noble characters within this world. How do you predict Daenerys will react once she is confronted with the truth? The Jordan Peterson way or Sam Harris way? Discuss.

th

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to watch the whole thing over again. It’s been 2 damn years and there are sooooo many side stories. I do look forward to John and the kelisi getting it on and what the winter king will do next with that dragon.

Anyhow, I think Daenerys will not contest if her head is called for. How would you kill her though? And what will her children think?

Also, who the f is Jordan. I still don’t know all their names. Someone please draw a map! Lol

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Anyhow, I think Daenerys will not contest if her head is called for. How would you kill her though? And what will her children think?
There is no need for killing her. She just has to accept the truth and give the crown to John. But since - as I assert - women tend to prefer the 2nd way of thinking about thruth (the Jordan Peterson way) she will probably not accept.

BTW she is only immune to fire and it's not clear whose side the dragons would choose. They obviously sense the importance of John (as they only let Targaryens ride them).

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know if she will willingly give up the crown though. Her followers may not want John either. There will be bloodshed throughout the land for this. I see it coming. OOOOOORRRRRRRR.....John being John, he may want to keep this secret tucked away so everyone can focus on the duty at hand. Maybe John quiets Sam?

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just want to point out that I was right. Daenerys' reaction by questioning John shows that she really wants that throne. If only John could fall fighting while Winterfall remains human.

Any predictions about the end of the series? If they beat the white walkers, then what about the rest of episodes? Therefore I suppose they will lose but some important characters will flee and there will be at least another standoff.

UltraDolphinRevolution

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Well, it's not that obvious considering that Daenerys is the main character (the actress's name appears first) and the viewers followed her story for so long. She is the liberator of slaves and even Tyrion has faith in her.
She believes in noble birth rights only so far as it makes her the queen though.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, winter is NOW!!!
I heard next episode is going to be twice as long (1:30). Could this battle be 2 episodes long? I think they win. I mean, there are 6 more episodes, right? That be pretty jacked to see 3 episodes of the dead endlessly marching throughout all the lands. I kind of hope Ms. Sansa Bitchface gets her head decapitated clean off with icy death, then gets eaten by dragons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Not the first time this has happened with Drake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Not the first time this has happened with Drake.