Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
This code when entered into ARDS Raw mode will allow you to bypass that black screen you get in NO$GBA. To my knowledge it doesn't fix anything else. So if Gamefreak added any other checks that NO$GBA fails the game may still freeze up.

EDIT:
NOTE: NEW STUFF
Use these instead for a more stable game!

These might make R4, M3 and Cyclo work better to.

Basic Freeze Fix
Code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000

My blog:
http://www.csdgn.org
My friends!
http://www.projectpokemon.org

Kyo Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this DOES work with getting past the black screen, with Soul Silver as well. Thank you, All I was able to do was keep trying and then hear newbark music in the background. Now...If only there was a fix for no$gba saving problem...didnt know it'd freeze when no$gba tried to save as well.

Kyo Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkX9 said:
Yeah, especially with Heart Gold which is a really big problem.
Yeah, so unless you leave your computer on all the time or use other cheats, I don't really think you can get that far with this. And the other patches aren't for emulators I dont think so...to wait again...

Kyo Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used no$gba 2.6 when I played it. If you can fix it it will be greatly appreciated, seeing as how I can't even get to Violet city. (I got to silver battle and going back to prof. elm on DeSmuMe but when you go back to Route 30 whether you fight the first or second youngster, it doesnt freeze but the pokeballs next to them start spinning and it never stops.) So I would greatly appreciate it if you could fix this.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
I just came up with a better code, it does the same as the last one. Also it fixes it 'retro actively' meaning oh no, you hit a black screen and realize you forgot to turn on the code. Use this code and you can still turn it on after its already a black screen and it will work. Otherwise it does the same thing as the last code does.

Code:
020DD9DC E0200000

Kyo Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
I just came up with a better code, it does the same as the last one. Also it fixes it 'retro actively' meaning oh no, you hit a black screen and realize you forgot to turn on the code. Use this code and you can still turn it on after its already a black screen and it will work. Otherwise it does the same thing as the last code does.

Code:
020DD9DC E0200000
Yey, no more restarting and going through the loong oak tutorial again. This will be useful!

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Also I tried to save with 2.6 normal with that code and it works fine.. :/

I cannot reproduce the problem so I do not know. I am trying hard to try and get it to freeze but so far I am having no luck with it. Its strange I want the game to freeze so I can try and fix the problem!

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
New new stuff now! These are hacks I just made, these replace the current one and it should fix additional freezes when saving and when entering and exiting! Those gamefreak people were very sneaky adding two checks inside the same area!

NEW STUFF
Use these instead for more stable game!

CSDGN Branch NOP Hacks
Code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

THESE MAY FIX GAMES ON R4 and CYCLODS!!!!!!!!

My blog:
http://www.csdgn.org
My friends!
http://www.projectpokemon.org

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Do I put those 2 lines in as the same cheat, or are they separate?

Good work btw.
biggrin.gif
^^

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
I guess it may not work 100% on cyclods. I have found another freeze (maybe?) at the start of a battle but I cannot find it in the code, so I am very confused (and tired). I will look more tomorrow and see if I can fix that one. (if it is actually a problem and not a one time error due to bumping my ds or something).

Kyo Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it and sad to say, it still doesnt fix my saving problem. I tried it both with codes seperated and put together, so I dont know what I'm doing wrong...

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Kyo Wolf said:
I tried it and sad to say, it still doesnt fix my saving problem. I tried it both with codes seperated and put together, so I dont know what I'm doing wrong...
What are you using? I know it sounds dumb but... you are turning it on right? >.>;

Or! Does what you use let you choose AR or Codebreaker? I found they work when you put it as AR and Raw.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Most saving problems are due to using a non standard rom (patched or translated rom). Used together with NO$GBA 2.6 you should have no trouble playing the game most the way through with just these 2 codes on.

All things considered a translated rom should be OK, but make sure its clean, no other patches if your going to play on NO$GBA.

Also, please tell me where it freezes on NO$GBA 2.6, telling me about freezes on flash carts make it very hard to make more codes since they are different!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nekrosses said:
Don't need it for Cyclo
It auto bypasses anti piracy
my friend has a cyclods, he cant get it to work. not even with codes on.
oh and my previous post was about both no$gba2.6 and acekard
on no$gba i have an occasional sprite dissapearance (they turn into a blur) but if i go into a door its fixed. and a couple freezes (i'm walking and the edge of the screen turns black, if you try to enter a door rom image crashes)
on acekard i only got freeze thing, about the same as no$gba. except on acekard it just freezes, even without going in the door.
edit, i got no$gba 2.6a

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Nekrosses said:
Don't need it for Cyclo
It auto bypasses anti piracy
I have a cyclo and your mostly right. It does but it also freezes occasionally, only reason I made these to start with was because of this. Trying to figure out why it freezes on cyclo is a goal for me later on.

dimmidice said:
on no$gba i have an occasional sprite dissapearance (they turn into a blur) but if i go into a door its fixed. and a couple freezes (i'm walking and the edge of the screen turns black, if you try to enter a door rom image crashes)
Is your code in RAW mode, if not turn it into raw mode. If it is in raw mode, turn it off from raw mode.
Clipboard01.png

QUOTE(dimmidice @ Sep 12 2009, 06:04 AM)
except on acekard it just freezes, even without going in the door.
Same thing that happens on my CycloDS, I do no know why yet, but I want to.
smile.gif

After awhile it just freezes up for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.