A Proper Wii Racing Wheel?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically the Logitech Speed Force is a no-go. The things only supports 4 games and there are a lot more Wii Wheel compatible racing games on the platform. I have this idea that's burning in my head and quite frankly I'd be happy if someone could take it and make it a reality. I noticed that there are a few Wii Wheel, stands that pivot to centaer. Those are a lovely start but if we can couple one of those stands with a set of foot pedals that are mapped to 1 and 2 on the Wii Remote we might be able to get the closest thing to a decent racing wheel for Switch.

I think my first question would be: is it possible to make an accessory that can connect via the nunchuck port and gives commands for 1 and 2, allowing the Wii Remote to tell the Wii that it's in remote only mode? I have no clue if anyone would be interested in a decent racing wheel for the Wii but I would love to read everyone's thoughts. I could draw my idea and post but that would have to wait a few hours. It's fairly late here.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's actually quite simple to remap/redirect a Wiimote's buttons with proper soldering skills and jumper wires.
I experimented a bit with the idea of making a smaller GCN controller by using a famiclone controller
eco4kv83tg641.jpg

and soldering cables from the testing points on the famiclone controller PCB to the Gamecube's Chip, using this schematic:

Kidding you not, it actually worked for a few minutes... because my soldering wasn't strong enough and the cables just desoldered.
Anyway:

Last edited by JuanMena,

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wasn't expecting the 175 views on this thread but here is a quick drawing of my idea. Maybe someone can take it and run with it?

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_192839462~3.jpg
    IMG_20230320_192839462~3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: