miezu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Is there any way of finding out what modchip i have on my wii without opening it???
I bought it from someone who doesn't know with what chip he modded his wii and i wanna play smg but i can't because i can't find out what chip i have to do an update(if it as one)...
So can anyone help me?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ask the guy who fitted the chip, if he doesn't know what he's fitting how's he pricing it? he probably knows, but doesn't want to tell you may be in case it's a crap chip. only other way to find out IS to open it up

miezu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
well he told me that his brother modded it at a modder because he wasn't in the country and he didn't care what chip it was.
so i have to open it...
anyway i he gave me a PIC with the wii so i think its a PIC inside too... cand you tell me which PIC chips have an update for smg

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could try the update discs for all of them, but then i don't know if those chips support dvd updates and they do then whether it will corrupt the chip

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
so all PIC chips have updates?

No.
Yaosm is probably the best to use, it's still in active development.
WiiFree is dead, SMG does not work on it and there will be no more updates.
The OpenWii project has changed to the atmega8 chip, but there is also a tuned-down version for PIC chips.
Winnja v1 and v2 can't be updated, but the new Winnja Deluxe can

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it's that i see everyone here throwing shit at Google Chrome and chromium based browsers