ROM Hack Question "A system update is required in order to use this software" on 11.0

jomaper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hey, yesterday I updated CFW to 11.0 using SX OS, and whenever I try to play the latest version of Pokemon Sword or Mario Odyssey I get that message.
I couldn't find info on the required FW for those, but I'm pretty sure they don't require 11.0.1?
When I install the base games they run ok, but when I add DLC or updates, they give me that message. Is there something I can do?

Thanks!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, yesterday I updated CFW to 11.0 using SX OS, and whenever I try to play the latest version of Pokemon Sword or Mario Odyssey I get that message.
I couldn't find info on the required FW for those, but I'm pretty sure they don't require 11.0.1?
When I install the base games they run ok, but when I add DLC or updates, they give me that message. Is there something I can do?

Thanks!
If you have "Goldleaf" installed, I perfer "Goldleaf 0.9dev" version, Open app in homebrew, goto "Console and Goldleaf Settings", then select "Firmware and Updates", then select "Delete Pending Update". It will not show again unless you take it back online

Theres also a way to delete Game update notices in Goldleaf... Inside goldleaf Goto "Manage console contents", then "SD card", then select your game, then base or dlc, then select "Reset Launch Version". You then can play game any firmware version.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

jomaper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
If you have "goldleaf" installed, goto "console and goldleaf settings", then select "firmware and updates", then select "delete pending update". It will not show again unless you take it back online

I don't! Is there a tutorial or something? I don't even know what goldleaf is, it's been a long while since I used my switch.
Thanks!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't! Is there a tutorial or something? I don't even know what goldleaf is, it's been a long while since I used my switch.
Thanks!
Do a search here for "Goldleaf ". You just place the nro in your switch folder, then open app inside homebrew/album folder. It's also a great app for installing titles to the switch from your pc. That's ofcourse if Goldleaf even works on SX OS, I don't know and don't use SX OS anymore...Strickly Atmos now....

https://mega.nz/file/gUtwiKJA#xmUS0HG8a9qV40aKqomWhbZqqSGCSL9L57Z2NAs6HTw

or

https://www.sdsetup.com/

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: ELY_M

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
Those updates/dlc probably require 11.0.1. It doesn't sound like you have a pending update or else it would say that a system update is ready to install or something similar.

Here's what I would try to do if I were you.
1)dump your keys using Lockpick_rcm
2) download nscbuilder and get it configured (dont have to do much besides figure out where your keys.txt/prod.keys go)
3) try patching the update/dlc for 11.0.0.
4) profit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew