Hacking a vote for animated channels i'm making.

isoptera4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think PSX and N64 channels would be useful. They would be forwarders after all so regardless of the current state of these emulators, eventually these channels would be forwarding to good versions of the emulators. Please do make a Nintendo 64 and PSX channel. Good wok so far though. On a side note for some reason the left side of the channels seem to cut off on my television. The logos in the bottom left of the channel are cut off like the N in the NES channel. Maybe I just have a crappy TV.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
troy i hope a lack of votes didnt discourage you from finishing these
love the first 3 you made and look forward to the rest (esp the wii usb loader one
wink.gif
wink.gif
)

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
troy is in a camping trip and should be back soon
wink.gif
, Troy hope you having fun buddy , give me a halo when you get back , regards Bro
wink.gif

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
i know this havent nothing to do with this topic but....i never understood why people think snes9x could be better than the famous emulator ZSNES ....sincerely i am in this stuff for almost 15 years now...and i knew the beggining of zsnes and snes9x .... the ZSNES were always one step ahead of snes9x and could run all games that i can remember flawlessly ... but suddently ...no one talks about zSNES project..

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm back!

and very, very hung over.
grog.gif
wtf.gif
lol. No worries, I'll still work on these, I just have some actual things to catch up on, most likely I'll have a couple more up within a few days. So please, keep voting.

Also, I noticed a problem with the forwarders, at least for me. They seem to randomly produce code dumps, so I'll still have em up for people who use SDHC cards, but i'll also put up my old forwarders as well, along with embedded.

Posts merged

Solecist said:
i know this havent nothing to do with this topic but....i never understood why people think snes9x could be better than the famous emulator ZSNES ....sincerely i am in this stuff for almost 15 years now...and i knew the beggining of zsnes and snes9x .... the ZSNES were always one step ahead of snes9x and could run all games that i can remember flawlessly ... but suddently ...no one talks about zSNES project..

That's actually my PC emulator of choice. Sadly, it almost never gets ported.

Ah well, snes9x is almost as good.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Troy glad you enjoyed camping and survived free of zombie incident (one of the creepiest chapters in World War Z was at a campsite). Looking forward to what is to come in the next days/weeks. Just lettin you know I am still here if ya need me. Feel free to PM me or whatevz.

Edit: haha whoops forgot one of my main reasons for posting. Do you think the code dumps is related to SDHC? I still haven't toyed with my Wii since its return from the brick factory so I have no experience with the errors.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solecist said:
znes is written in x86 assembly language and is very difficult to port whereas snes9x is C++ and is easily portable.

also regarding code dumps, ive only had the genesis one do it once, used all 3 dozens of times.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, no its not dead, and yes, i've been busy, but I happen to have enough free time tonight to probably do one quick.

USB loader, but I'm afraid I have only 79 wii games to work with, so I'll check votes, and see what I can do.

I'll also be changing the ones already put up, as the maker of the forwarders fixed the code dump glitch and other small bugs.

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
USB Loader/Wii Backup Launcher List

Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart Wii
No More Heroes
mad world
wario land shake it
zack and wiki
De Blob
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
House of the Dead Overkill

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great! I'm looking forward to having consistent looking emulator forwarders! Good to hear you're going to finish the others en fix the bugs in the existing ones!

What I would love to see, is to have the animated Wii channel to not use a backup-launcher or usbloader logo, but instead, to be consistent with the nes, snes and genesis channels, to use just the Wii logo at the left bottom. But of course it's your call, and I'll be happy with the animated forwarder anyway, but hey, a guy can dream, right?
wink.gif

My votes for the Wii animated channel (in random order):

1 Wii Sports
2 Super Mario Galaxy
3 Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
4 Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5 Super Paper Mario
6 Mario Kart Wii
7 Okami
8 Wario Land Shake It
9 Zack and Wiki
10 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
11 Boom Blox
12 Guitar Hero / Rock Band

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
eh, than both would look exactly the same. But not to worry, the wii logo is in both of my custom logos.

wiibackuplauncher.png

wiiusbloader.png

btw, anyone know where to get GOOD sprites from super paper mario? ie, bowser, mario, princess?

edit: k, i made my own mario one. now i just need either a bowser one or a princess one.

Edit: NVM. Made a bowser one too.

The channels will be up shortly, as soon as I figure out a sound clip to use...

papermarioanimation.gif

paperbowseranimation.gif

toni.belangenani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah right.. I have to admit that I don't use the backup launcher anymore, since the usbloader was released. So for me it wouldn't be a problem if they both looked the same (with just the Wii logo).
I just figured that you used a SNES-logo instead of the snes9x GX-logo, so it would appropriate to use the Wii-logo instead of the Wii usbloader-logo. But as I said before, I'm happy you're finishing these animated forwarders at all, I use them all the time, so you won't ever hear me complaining!

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol, well I use both, since the usb loader doesn't support 249 patched games (Mortal Kombat, etc)

EDIT : Hmm, i wasn't happy with the end product...the wii logo blends into the background too much. I am going to try a faint outline around it. Sorry about the wait.

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Master System
1 - Alex Kidd in Miracle World
2 - Sonic The Hedgehog
3 - Columns
4 - Sonic 2
5 - Golden Axe Warrior
6 - Wonder Boy
7 - Outrun
8 - Hang On

Neo Geo
1 - Bust-A-Move
2 - Fatal Fury

Wii
1. Wii Sports
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. Metroid Prime 3
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Zak and Wiki
6. Boom Blox
7. Resident Evil 4 Wii
8. Madworld
9. Super Mario Galaxy
10. No More Heroes

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Troy. I used a grey background when tooling with a channel once. What looks good IMO is adding a white drop shadow, gives it a nice glow/makes it stand out. Glad to see these are still coming
smile.gif

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tried it. It still makes it blend. I also messed with the background, but that only made it look worse. (the background file is 256x256, stretched, and very limited colors)

I may have to alter the color of the wii logo sadly. ah well. I'll try making it darker first, see if that helps.

worked! Whoo hoo!

I'll have it up shortly. along with updated NES, SNES and GENESIS/Mega Drive (For our non NA friends) ones. So remember to re download if you are using the ones currently up/My initial batch of forwarders (Not yet silly, after I upload the newer ones, lol.
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
)

I'm thinking....scummvm next. I've been itching to do that one.

Um, btw..

Wii Vote Closed

I forgot to put that earlier, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3