ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation - Italian Translation Project

_zThunderingLight_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I want to make an italian patch of AAI, but I don't know how to extract scripts, images, etc.
I know that other teams made a translation in their languages, but I can't find any tool... Can you please help me?
Thank you in advance! :)

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@_zThunderingLight_ : if this is your first translation, do yourself a favor and find yourself another game. By another game, i mean something that has not hundreds of pages of text and complicated in many ways. If you take a look around the net (even in Italian forums), you will discover many projects that started but never continued or finished...that has a motive. You can take a look on the read me of our AAI2 translation to see how many people were involved and how long it took to complete....then ask yourself if you can do that alone and how long you will need to do it alone.

@ComicMaster148 : if my memory isn't wrong (last time i used that tool was on 2011), that tool had bugs on it and even if it could work, all the control codes that are mixed between the text, will be wrong i.e. only partially usable. Apart that, you still need to decompress the data before you can use it and (again out of my memory, that decompressor will not work for AAI). Apart that (2), depending on your base version he will use, he will need to change things in the ARM (example if he start from the japanese version of the game, he will need to change the text window from 2 to 3 lines and remove the max characters for each line) and you can not do that with that tool. Apart that (3), that is only a text editor for the main window (all out of my memory again) and not for the rest of the text (example item description or text that are graphics).
So conclusion: see what i wrote to him directly :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM