Hacking ACE3DS Plus Flashcart and NTRBoot help request thread.

Lunorian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I am trying to use a work-in-progress NTRBOOT Flash Application to get NTRBoot up and running on my console. This thread has all information that I know about my cart as well as steps I've tried, and my questions.

What I know about my flashcart:
  • The site I bought from just relabeled an ACE3DS PLUS PCB (same components + numbers on chip and everything - slightly different kernel probably to obsecure the label fact) as an R4
  • According to datasheets it has CMOS Serial Flash Memory (a type of NAND) so the firmware is rewrite-able.
  • In the GitHub Issue (flashcart_core issue #33 | GBATemp won't allow me to include a link right now) dark samus modified the default updater to flash NTRBoot.
What I've tried:
  • I ran the modified flasher.
  • It said patch successful after I ran it.
  • When I close NDS the card still shows up as a playable game and when I press play it shows the ROMS me.
  • If I turn off console and try to do NTRBoot trick it doesn't work and once I lift magnet the home screen appears.
Questions so far:
  • Was the flash actually successful? Wouldn't the flashcart feature be broken, or is this similar enough to ak2i that this problem doesn't exist?
  • If it flashed why isn't NTRBOOTHax starting?

Last edited by Lunorian,

Lunorian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait till it's supported, or buy an R4i Gold PRO.
In a way it already is supported. I'm trying to figure out if the firmware was actually changed or not. I have zero way of testing whether the firmware didn't flash or if I'm holding the buttons wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2