Hacking Acekard 2 not loading games at all anymore

JayRPG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this acekard for about 2 years now and the games stopped working for it. I was playing Valkyrie Profile yesterday and it was running fine, then I tried to load every game on my card and they all hang on the "Processing...Do not power off!" page. I formatted my SD card and updated the firmware to AKAIO 1.6 RC2, but I get the same thing every single time.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd try another MicroSD card, they have a limited number of write cycles before they wear out. 2 years isn't bad for an Acekard, as they normally get a bit of use.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange that no one suggested this, format with Panasonic SD formatter. Try with flash erase and size adjustment. I know you tried a new sd, but please just give this a go.

If that doesn't work check the contacts, of both the acekard (micro sd slot) and ds game slot (slot 1).

If its it still isn't working, I'm stumped...

JayRPG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all that you just listed and nothing worked, still the same problem. I'm sure if it was the contacts it wouldn't be letting me load the acekard at all, but I tried normal games and they all worked.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JayRPG said:
I've had this acekard for about 2 years now and the games stopped working for it. I was playing Valkyrie Profile yesterday and it was running fine, then I tried to load every game on my card and they all hang on the "Processing...Do not power off!" page. I formatted my SD card and updated the firmware to AKAIO 1.6 RC2, but I get the same thing every single time.

...about 2 years...
/me checks

...FAT error anyone?

JayRPG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do you fix a FAT error? I just want to beat some of these games, I hate that I'm far in just about all of them that are on the stick.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

JayRPG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, the last link you posted is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I was looking at the cheats for an older game and tried to go back and play Valkyrie Profile and it just wouldn't work. Now my DS is hanging on the opening screen. The top screen only goes to about half and then it just freezes.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
tk_saturn said:
JayRPG said:
How exactly do you fix a FAT error? I just want to beat some of these games, I hate that I'm far in just about all of them that are on the stick.
Solution is here

http://gbatemp.net/t93356-ak-team-declare-...t&p=1264505

More infomation:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=101670
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93356
http://www.acekard.com/bbs/archiver/?tid-3422-page-1.html

Is there an alternative to using a heat gun? like.. i dunno..... a hairdryer? =P

or an oven?

JayRPG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now when I turn it on all it says is FAT Error, damn. What's the next best Flashcart to get and where's the fastest place to get one.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JayRPG said:
Now when I turn it on all it says is FAT Error, damn. What's the next best Flashcart to get and where's the fastest place to get one.
You should really look on the bright side, 2 years for a flash cart isn't bad. Most people had FAT errors after a few days.

If you're happy with the Acekard, then you could get an Acekard 2i, Shoptemp have them for $14.95. If you are only using MicroSD cards (i.e 2GB or less) you can get a R4 from ShopTemp for $6 which will run Wood, link is here Wood looks and feels the same as the Acekard firmware and it uses the same cheats and skins, you also be able to use your existing saves with it. There are plenty of other carts, but they normally cost more.

If you're in a hurry, ShopTemp should be able to ship by UPS or DHL. There are US based retailers such as SimplyMods and LeetMod, both whom seem ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.