Hacking Acekard 2i download play not working?

DcThePurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend came over to play the other day, and before we started to do some download play with Mario Kart DS, I made sure in the patches menu that download play said "Enabled". I went to the download play in my Mario Kart and my friend went to download play in his DS menu. After minutes of waiting, nothing showed up on his screen. Am I doing something wrong that's making the Acekard 2i not work with download play? Thanks if any help.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just common sense... And why would there be a place to send your bug reports if forums were for reporting all your bugs/user errors?

And where's your proof that this forum is for bug reporting?

DcThePurger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eon-Rider said:
If you're using a DSi, which I'm assuming you are, is wireless communications on in the system menu?
Yes I do have a DSi, and the wireless thing was turned off >_> I turned it off when I got the acekard 2i because I read somewhere that if the wireless thing is turned on then Nintendo could brick your acekard 2i. I'm not sure if this is possible, but please someone tell me it is not.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo will not brick your dsi, at the very most they will make the flash cart unusable, but for that to happen you would have to accept the update they release, at the moment you can update to the highest firmware and still use your AK2i, as I have, should probably just check the forums though before updating to future firmwares.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity DcThePurger, the Acekard wasn't your first flash card was it? If it wasn't... did you use that same rom with another card? And finally, if you did... did you use any sort of patcher before on that rom?

If yes on that last question, download a clean version of that rom that hasn't been modified. Any modified roms won't download play correctly.

Shatterscreens: Forums are for people to discuss matters, that includes when they are having problems. The community helps to try and solve that problem... if you don't want to help solve a problem, don't reply in the thread. You aren't the forum police, and if you truly think something is breaking the rules, use the report button. Otherwise move on because you don't need to cause a scene for no reason.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
DcThePurger said:
Eon-Rider said:
If you're using a DSi, which I'm assuming you are, is wireless communications on in the system menu?
Yes I do have a DSi, and the wireless thing was turned off >_> I turned it off when I got the acekard 2i because I read somewhere that if the wireless thing is turned on then Nintendo could brick your acekard 2i. I'm not sure if this is possible, but please someone tell me it is not.
Ah, so I was right. =D Nothing will happen if you turn on wireless communications. Just turn it on and download play should work.

I usually have it off just to save that small amount of battery that the light and the other processes consumes.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a weird error where the game connects, but it's out of sync with the other ds. ex. I play Mario Kart download play with someone, both of us get 1st place.
wacko.gif

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Interesting, I tried DL play w/ Mario Kart DS on my AK2i/DSi and a DSL, all I get is a connection error. It lets me set all the race parameters and then black screens on the DSL and "Press A, Communication Error" on the DSi. I have the latest DSi firmware, and wireless communication is turned on (duh).

Can any other users shed light on this issue? Thanks.

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
No, not using any cheats.

Correction:

For DL play (AK 2i/DSi transmitting to DSL), my DSL downloads the MK demo and displays "Nintendo", then crashes.
For multiplayer (AK 2i/DSi vs N-card/DSL), I can configure all the race settings and then get a comms error (Press A button).

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Bump. If you have a AK2i/DSi setup and another DS, I'd appreciate it if you could try Mario Kart DS in DL play mode.

Please let me know if you have the same issue, or if I'm the only one with this problem. Cheers!

Edit: I got it working! I didn't realise I was running an older AKAIO, with the newest firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1