Hacking Acekard Save Files

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of Save files does the Acekard R.P.G. use? Would it be compatible with saves from my R4, and if not how could I convert them, would it be possible to use Shuny's save converter?

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer. I'm just asking if it would be compatible with the type of saves the R4 uses?

Is there some menu where you can choose "R4 save type" or "Cyclo save type", is that what you're saying Hiratai?

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It works with all saves, then sets it to the mode that save was using. Basically it searches the type of save the R4 was using, and makes it so that particular game; uses that save type.

Also, if you want can choose between how big the save types will be in the start menu before selecting the game.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
save size is automatic but not the save type. if a card uses a proprietary save the ak firmware can not decrypt or convert it on the fly. setting a save size may cause the rom to fail and in some cases (like kage2) you have to manually set it for it to work on the rpg. your r4 saves will work to a certain extent. the r4 and ak use the same save type. however, if you drop a save on your rpg it may be overwritten. on boot up. the lastsave.ini will overwrite your last played game's save file with whats in sram. try the following…

based on akaio:
run a different rom and play for a second
turn off the nds then turn it back on, the last save is now dumped
turn off the nds, take out your rpg, and put on the new save file for the different game
boot it all back up and give it a try.

i'm still trying to wrap my head around savelistex.bin on the rpg. it seems that it associates games with save files. on first run of a rom a save is made and the associated information is stored in the savelistex.bin. if you add a new save for a preassociated game the save will just be overwritten with the old associated values. when you swap firmware, save this file as it will allow your old games that already have saves to work. (i think ;P)

i haven’t used gelu’s firmware on my rpg so i can’t comment on it.

that has worked for me, i hope it helps you.

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ganons: do you have an Acekard RPG or an Acekard 2?

I don't know about the RPG (I assume it's the same) but with the AK2 you can switch to the AKAIO menu, which has an option to use the "filename.sav" filenames rather than "filename.nds.sav" that the official menu uses.

I would recommend AKAIO anyway, because it has all the features of the official menu and then some. Be sure to keep a copy of the "akmenu4.nds" file from the latest official menu and place it in the "__aio/ak2loader" folder so that you can use the latest loader with some of the more recent ROMs.

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
just to clarify that option is available for both carts in the akaio menu. and also as bri pointed out in another post (pretty sure it was you), you can rename the official loaders and have more then one in the folder. i've gone with ak2_4.11.nds...

cheers,

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this was a thread about save files not speed issues, it isn't very nice to hijack a thread.

as of the 4.08 loader those issues are fixed on the ak2. with the rgp you would want to give gelu's firmware a try as his loader as fixes that akaio does not. also as everyone knows certain brand msd cards perform better than others. if you have an offbrand that could be the problem. you can try to format at 64k cluster sizes to speed up seek time. also use the official sd formatter it will provide enhancements over those found in windows, etc.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4