Hacking Acekard2 Will No Longer Boot Games...

cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys (and gals), I was one of the lucky winners of an Acekard2 from GBAtemp's quiz last year and as of yesterday, my poor Acekard2 will no longer boot games.

Up until that point it was working fine, but what happens now is that after I select a game the loading screen pops up and then it goes to a blank white screen.

First I tried deleting the save because I had a similar problem one time on my M3 DS Real, but that failed to work. Next I tried formatting the card and updating to the newest official loader with the saves deleted. This gave the same problem so I decided to try a different microSD because the one I was using was acting a little wonky. This brought up the same problem again so I thought I would try the AKAIO loader, but this one acted the same as well.

So the games fail to boot properly, but homebrew will...

So any tips or help that anyone may have regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this does not sound like an acekard problem, but a firmware loader or user error problem. make sure you format with the panasonic formatter. you can find a link to it in the akaio wiki (see my sig). then do a fresh install of akaio 1.4.1 proper. the fat error problem with the ak stops the kit from working at start up. i haven't read where the problem allowed for homebrew to run but not roms.

give it another format and post back with the results. you can check the akaio wiki for install instructions.

-another world

cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just finished formatting and replacing the firmware, but I am still getting the same problem.

I select the game I want, it goes to a loading screen and then the screen goes white. Also, in case you are wondering, the game did not have a save.

Thanks again for all of your help!! It truly is appreciated!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the rom you're using (or roms) are fresh from your pc? it is possible that something corrupted your msd and took your roms with it. although i'll admit this doesn't explain this odd behavior if the homebrew was also on the kit. try a few different roms from different sources.

-another world

cosmo2389

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
The rom is in fact a fresh one, and I don't think that it corrupted anything... But I will be sure to try the other things you said to do and I will be sure to post my results tomorrow.

Again, thanks so much for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg