Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pirates always prevail over the gaming industry, and I do not see that changing any time soon. Might take some time but eventually!!! I really hope there will be alternatives with upgradeable firmware on the flashcard. Lets see if cyclo goes that root.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
pika9323 said:
This looks very nice!
I will need a new Flashcard soon and i have some questions:

I heared the Firmware is open source. Is that true? So everyone can work on it?
Will be there soon some new features? I am missing RTS.

Thanks for your advice.
No, the firmware isn't open source.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
pika9323 said:
This looks very nice!
I will need a new Flashcard soon and i have some questions:

I heared the Firmware is open source. Is that true? So everyone can work on it?
Will be there soon some new features? I am missing RTS.

Thanks for your advice.
The flashcard with open source kernel is the AK RPG.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
EDIT: dib's a cyclo fanboy!
tongue.gif
XD
Please explain to me how that is even possible when I own an Acekard RPG.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
actually there is another flashcard that seems support dsi, R4 ultra dsi . i don't support clone cards but i believe the DSi flashcarts avaibility will be very easy to find. Now price are very high for these new flashcard and just to note that these new cards have major compatibility problems with games. they are still instable. I will advice to wait, even after xmas holidays.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
zhuzhuchina said:
actually there is another flashcard that seems support dsi, R4 ultra dsi . i don't support clone cards but i believe the DSi flashcarts avaibility will be very easy to find. Now price are very high for these new flashcard and just to note that these new cards have major compatibility problems with games. they are still instable. I will advice to wait, even after xmas holidays.
Will the onslaught of R4 clones ever end?
frown.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The graphics are crisper and the internet browser is a plus because I can go to Gamefaqs to look for cheats in the middle of the night when I don't want to wake her up and need a quick cheat since I like to play video games all night. However, the lack of Javascript makes Youtube and surfing official gaming sites impossible. You can go to Youtube but you are SOL to watch a video. I like the SD card support but I won't be seeing much use for it until next year.

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
The graphics are crisper and the internet browser is a plus because I can go to Gamefaqs to look for cheats in the middle of the night when I don't want to wake her up and need a quick cheat since I like to play video games all night. However, the lack of Javascript makes Youtube and surfing official gaming sites impossible. You can go to Youtube but you are SOL to watch a video. I like the SD card support but I won't be seeing much use for it until next year.
how much better are the graphics? is the screen of higher resolution? BTW you can use a pretty good web browser on regular DS and DSL called bunjaloo

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Might consider buying a DSi. The region lock for DSi ware bugs me..(But usually you get the good stuff japan only, so cool thing).
Should have got it on launch
frown.gif
Anyways well done Acekard team.
(I bet by end of the day, Team Cyclops are gonna release their "CycloDSi Revolution".)

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up, its very unlikely a flashcart will be able to load DSiWare and DSi only games due to the way they are handled. The games and DSiWare are encrypted and signed, meaning that the flashcart can not access the data, retrieve the headers or patch the games as they get loaded into memory to run the game.

So all in all, a flashcart on the DSi will let you play only DS games. So in the end, you'll just have a DS with no GBA slot x.x

At any rate, I hope to hear further news on all this. If somehow the flashcart makers can over come these problems (The encryption and firmware updates) then I'll buy a DSi. Until then, I'll wait until the battle between Nintendo and the pirates are over and see who will come out the victor before I waste any money on this.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i don't think it's a good idea to release a acekard2i right now due to a couple of factors:

we don't know yet how nintendo will distribute the firmware to the new DSi.
there is a high chance nintendo will stop this working when the DSi launches in europe soon.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
will all the naysays please just STFU, if, and only if Nintendo block it, that will be dealt with then. it is quite possible that these cards emulate proper game cards so perfectly that Nintendo can do nothing.

as for the RPG, well, that was really just an expensive failure of a product. not to mention a hollow abuse of open source.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a great idea, i imported the dsi, and now i can play all games on it, and i removed all wifi settings so nintendo cannot update it
biggrin.gif

thnx Yukinooh i ordered it now
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol