Not open for further replies.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've lost track how often this has been suggested and rejected.

Great abuse potential to bully someone. Please not. If you dislike something then say it and provide a reason. Be verbose. You can add modern hieroglyphs in your replies as well if you insist on something like "👎".

Just look at your own thread now @a_username_that_isnt_cool --
It got downvoted. How funny is that? Some people expressed their disagreement with something similar to a dislike button.🤦‍♀️
This happens all the time with suggestions here -- and this downvoting (dislike) add nothing to the discussion.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great abuse potential to bully someone.

I feel it has the potential to cause LESS bullying. I've seen PLENTY of bullying here and there's been no dislike button. I think some would just use the dislike button instead of arguing. I think a better button to have though would be one for confused.

yup they no longer show up as a post in the forums and if someone quotes them, instead of the original Quote it says
"You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content"

It shouldn't even show that much if someone is being ignored. Its like a neighbor telling you "So and so is still talking about you behind your back." and you then ask what was said because it bothers you to not know. lol. Same kinda applies here in that it makes it tempting to show the ignored content and then respond to it.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yup they no longer show up as a post in the forums and if someone quotes them, instead of the original Quote it says
"You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content"
Oh really? That function has never worked for me, at all. And I've suggested to turn "Ignore Button" to "Block User", precisely because the Itnore function has never worked for me.

It shouldn't even show that much if someone is being ignored. Its like a neighbor telling you "So and so is still talking about you behind your back." and you then ask what was said because it bothers you to not know. lol. Same kinda applies here in that it makes it tempting to show the ignored content and then respond to it.
No? That's more like your issue if you have to desperately see "wHat tHey aRe sAyiNg beHind yOur BacK".

If they're being ignored is for a reason, no need ro know what these assholes are saying or replying to. It sounds you're being paranoid.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No? That's more like your issue if you have to desperately see "wHat tHey aRe sAyiNg beHind yOur BacK".

If they're being ignored is for a reason, no need ro know what these assholes are saying or replying to. It sounds you're being paranoid.

Of course it's the individuals own issue, but please don't act like it's not human nature to want to know and that the majority don't feel that way. Feeling like you want to know and actually asking, or clicking to show the content, are two different things. What I'm saying is that it's pretty normal to want to know what was said, and that just seeing that or hearing that so and so said this and that... makes it tempting. I dont want my neighbor telling me so and so said whatever, and I don't want the ignore feature to say "Psssst. So and so said something... do you want to know what it is?" It's unnecessary when you're supposed to be ignoring or blocking someone.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course it's the individuals own issue, but please don't act like it's not human nature to want to know and that the majority don't feel that way. Feeling like you want to know and actually asking, or clicking to show the content, are two different things. What I'm saying is that it's pretty normal to want to know what was said, and that just seeing that or hearing that so and so said this and that... makes it tempting. I dont want my neighbor telling me so and so said whatever, and I don't want the ignore feature to say "Psssst. So and so said something... do you want to know what it is?" It's unnecessary when you're supposed to be ignoring or blocking someone.
Honestly can't relate. I've never cared about these matters.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly can't relate. I've never cared about these matters.

You're full of beans.

The ignore function works for you? 🤔

Oh really? That function has never worked for me, at all. And I've suggested to turn "Ignore Button" to "Block User", precisely because the Itnore function has never worked for me.

If you've never cared, you certainly wouldn't have ever used the ignore feature and then wonder why it's not working for you. I mean, it almost seems as if you care that you can still see some peoples posts because the feature doesn't work for you. lol. 100% full of beans. ;)

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Optimal solution: Add a dislike button but only to the posts of people asking for one. That'll both stop the question and end up amusing for everyone else.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
works for me in fact i can see it working right below you :P
as for the dislike button idea
how-about-wl4x9w.jpg

Reactions: SylverReZ

JFizDaWiz

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.ws
XP
Country
United States
I feel it has the potential to cause LESS bullying. I've seen PLENTY of bullying here and there's been no dislike button. I think some would just use the dislike button instead of arguing. I think a better button to have though would be one for confused.

well then the problem is it fucks with the flow of conversation because:

USER A is ignored
USER B quotes A and adds their comment and doesn't make sense on it's own and requires the context of the ignored user.

You can choose to understand the context or choose to continue ignoring it.

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, and Angry button, so why not dislike? Yes I know people use Angry as a dislike button but I need a proper dislike button to fulfill my monkey brain
All that does is gives people a way to say they dont like something without giving any kind of explanation behind their opinion. It doesn't solve anything.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well then the problem is it fucks with the flow of conversation because:

USER A is ignored
USER B quotes A and adds their comment and doesn't make sense on it's own and requires the context of the ignored user.

You can choose to understand the context or choose to continue ignoring it.
It won't if ignored users gets blocked so they can't interact with you at all.

Which is something I've suggested before... to turn "ignore" into BLOCK USER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong