Add a "Project" Forum

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was reading this thread about a guy asking what's better, if Component Cable or Wii2HDMI. Participated in it and talked about my failed ComponentVGA adapter that I made.
Made me question if the Wii can output RGB so I googled it... and I had a very interesting result about a guy that made a DIY RGB converter for SEGA Genesis.
Looking at the forum (in Spanish) I noticed that it has a forum dedicated to DIY's and Projects from the forum's users and made me question why that's not a thing in GBATEMP, considering we have many geeks and people from all over the world.
So I'm humbling-ly requesting if you Admins could add a "Projects" forum in which GBAtemp users can share DIY's and Personal Projects about electronics or whatever.
Here's some things people on that Spanish forum has been doing:
O86Ow.jpg

fdYp7.jpg

mZ7qk.jpg

GAJbX.jpg

mp3diy.jpg

pad_mp4_4.jpg

pad_mp4_8.jpg

pad_mp4_11.jpg

The thing is that, a temper can do this on Blogs, or create a thread... but that's somewhat limiting because tempers can choose who can watch blogs or simply decide not to make a thread on a forum.
The main idea with a Forum dedicated to projects, is that any member can decide whether or not to participate, and it doesn't have to be anything super complex like a DIY RGB to YPbPr converter or a simple MP3 casing.
Anyone could share knowledge in a dedicated "Projects" forum and anyone interested in said project could learn from it.

Just... consider it... given that threads could serve the same purpose... but I think it'll be benefiting to everyone having a dedicated space to share and learn.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As with most "create a section for XYZ" suggestion threads, you have to ask "is this topic so popular that it's over running XYZ sections and thus needs its own?" and pretty much most of the time, that answer is no, it's not. The only time an entirely new section is relevant or required is when a particular topic is talked about so often that it gets in the way of everything else. Since we see very little to none of this type of discussion, it's just not worth it to make a whole section for it.

And that's what the Groups feature is for anyways. If you want a section for projects, make a group about DIY projects. Anyone interested can always check there if they want to. If it gets popular enough to warrant a section, then yeah maybe in the future, but otherwise we don't need any empty sections.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And that's what the Groups feature is for anyways. If you want a section for projects, make a group about DIY projects. Anyone interested can always check there if they want to. If it gets popular enough to warrant a section, then yeah maybe in the future.
Nice. That's an option that I didn't considered.
We'll see.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was reading this thread about a guy asking what's better, if Component Cable or Wii2HDMI. Participated in it and talked about my failed ComponentVGA adapter that I made.
Made me question if the Wii can output RGB so I googled it... and I had a very interesting result about a guy that made a DIY RGB converter for SEGA Genesis.
Looking at the forum (in Spanish) I noticed that it has a forum dedicated to DIY's and Projects from the forum's users and made me question why that's not a thing in GBATEMP, considering we have many geeks and people from all over the world.
So I'm humbling-ly requesting if you Admins could add a "Projects" forum in which GBAtemp users can share DIY's and Personal Projects about electronics or whatever.
Here's some things people on that Spanish forum has been doing:
O86Ow.jpg

fdYp7.jpg

mZ7qk.jpg

GAJbX.jpg

mp3diy.jpg

pad_mp4_4.jpg

pad_mp4_8.jpg

pad_mp4_11.jpg

The thing is that, a temper can do this on Blogs, or create a thread... but that's somewhat limiting because tempers can choose who can watch blogs or simply decide not to make a thread on a forum.
The main idea with a Forum dedicated to projects, is that any member can decide whether or not to participate, and it doesn't have to be anything super complex like a DIY RGB to YPbPr converter or a simple MP3 casing.
Anyone could share knowledge in a dedicated "Projects" forum and anyone interested in said project could learn from it.

Just... consider it... given that threads could serve the same purpose... but I think it'll be benefiting to everyone having a dedicated space to share and learn.
Very interesting projects there.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: @BakerMan...