OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
reboot-codes.com
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: Highy queer and neuro divergent neural networks in a skin/fursuit that like to mess with electrons in precise ways to make fun things and that will always try to help out when they can.

Hallo! We're aware GBAtemp has been around for ages. Actually, it's powered by xenForo, a PHP-based forum software. Which, I (dead_d0g) think is super fucking cool. Buuuut, we think it's about time we got on here (and, not just 'cause of a certain Jeffy and Medicat, although, Medicat USB and VHD are fucking awesome and Jeffy is cool as fuck). Oh, and, FYI, we're a system/plural! (AToW, it's Ryan (dead_d0g, Pup, it, they), Hunter (Gh0st, he/they), Alex (he/they), and System (it/its)) Here's a few things we'll probably be interacting with (and that you can talk to us about :3):
  • Linux "system administration" (and a bit of windows too, we're much more experienced with the former though but we'll always try to be helpful ^^, we include other modern IT in here as well, working on certs :3c).
  • 2000s-esque computing in general (note: we use "i.g." for in general, anyways, we're not the most experienced, but we have a VERY big love for it)
  • Electronics shenanegans (soldering, microcontrollers, radio (planning on getting HAM license and hardware soon), etc etc, we love it allllllllll)
  • Hacking/Reverse Engineering (nooooo, we're not gonna hack the 'temp, we're not dumb enough for that; buuuuuut I will say, I enjoy breaking the things)
  • Software dev (we've written quite a few things in JS/TS, using node, deno, etc, working on shit in C AToW for the Flipper Zero ;3, we also know Python pretty well, want to get better at C++ and Rust. We suck at using git though, funny enough. PHP might also be cool. Did Go once upon a time, we've forgotten most of it by now.)
  • Video games! (Okay, we don't play them as much as we should but heyyyy, this includes PC, and whatever we can emulate. We like playstation but have owned 2 gens of xboxes instead lmao. VR as well X3)
  • Furry and/or Art (oh god, here we go, I have no idea how common this appears here, but a fair bit of our styling (which, is not, was never, and will never be MIT licensed, unlike the rest of the things we create, you can take this as a safe assumption :3) hails from this. We prefer digital, but are working on a project to make a self-adjusting/automatically expressive fursuit head and tail.)
There's probably a lot I'm forgetting, but we're very happy to be here! We operate in UTC-7 (no DST shift) and speak en-US/GB, es-US/MX, and am learning de-DE. We write dates and times in ISO 8601 because we care (and deal with multiple different formats and know how much it sucks).

13Demondice13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: Highy queer and neuro divergent neural networks in a skin/fursuit that like to mess with electrons in precise ways to make fun things and that will always try to help out when they can.

Hallo! We're aware GBAtemp has been around for ages. Actually, it's powered by xenForo, a PHP-based forum software. Which, I (dead_d0g) think is super fucking cool. Buuuut, we think it's about time we got on here (and, not just 'cause of a certain Jeffy and Medicat, although, Medicat USB and VHD are fucking awesome and Jeffy is cool as fuck). Oh, and, FYI, we're a system/plural! (AToW, it's Ryan (dead_d0g, Pup, it, they), Hunter (Gh0st, he/they), Alex (he/they), and System (it/its)) Here's a few things we'll probably be interacting with (and that you can talk to us about :3):
  • Linux "system administration" (and a bit of windows too, we're much more experienced with the former though but we'll always try to be helpful ^^, we include other modern IT in here as well, working on certs :3c).
  • 2000s-esque computing in general (note: we use "i.g." for in general, anyways, we're not the most experienced, but we have a VERY big love for it)
  • Electronics shenanegans (soldering, microcontrollers, radio (planning on getting HAM license and hardware soon), etc etc, we love it allllllllll)
  • Hacking/Reverse Engineering (nooooo, we're not gonna hack the 'temp, we're not dumb enough for that; buuuuuut I will say, I enjoy breaking the things)
  • Software dev (we've written quite a few things in JS/TS, using node, deno, etc, working on shit in C AToW for the Flipper Zero ;3, we also know Python pretty well, want to get better at C++ and Rust. We suck at using git though, funny enough. PHP might also be cool. Did Go once upon a time, we've forgotten most of it by now.)
  • Video games! (Okay, we don't play them as much as we should but heyyyy, this includes PC, and whatever we can emulate. We like playstation but have owned 2 gens of xboxes instead lmao. VR as well X3)
  • Furry and/or Art (oh god, here we go, I have no idea how common this appears here, but a fair bit of our styling (which, is not, was never, and will never be MIT licensed, unlike the rest of the things we create, you can take this as a safe assumption :3) hails from this. We prefer digital, but are working on a project to make a self-adjusting/automatically expressive fursuit head and tail.)
There's probably a lot I'm forgetting, but we're very happy to be here! We operate in UTC-7 (no DST shift) and speak en-US/GB, es-US/MX, and am learning de-DE. We write dates and times in ISO 8601 because we care (and deal with multiple different formats and know how much it sucks).
hellooooo !

Reactions: AncientBoi

RebootTemps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
reboot-codes.com
XP
Country
United States
Hallo everyone!

Interesting. Well hello to y'all and welcome to GBATemp!
Ah, yeah, basically means multiple people in one body. Uh, but shouldn't be a big issue or anything skjdfh, mmmmm, it's safe to assume it's probably gonna be me (Ryan) replying to any posts we make 'round 'ere. :P

Happy to meet everyone here though! I promise we'll get the hang of it soon.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1711726359468.png

Reactions: CoolMe

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Experiment?

We may be robo-dogo, but I assure you, we're production ready!
No offense meant, ofc.

But I wasn't talking about you (or your team).

Its just that the way you write and "think" doesn't seem very common, and indeed very "particular".

Its just my everlasting curiosity.

And ofc, welcome to GBATemp!

RebootTemps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
reboot-codes.com
XP
Country
United States
No offense meant, ofc.

But I wasn't talking about you (or your team).

Its just that the way you write and "think" doesn't seem very common, and indeed very "particular".

Its just my everlasting curiosity.

And ofc, welcome to GBATemp!
Dw, we're quite playful when it comes to stuff like this, we just had a hard time parsing intent.

Well, we're very happy to feed said curiosity, and thank you so much!

RebootTemps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
reboot-codes.com
XP
Country
United States
Welcome! Pretty much everyone here that's replied so far is friends with me if you can believe it (yes, even @AncientBoi :rofl2:) and they're all chill. But what's "AToW"?
At Time of Writing. Also, sdkfhgkajkSAcjfkdhass amazing.

I still don't know why we generated an acronym rather writing it out considering the length of the thing anyways.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol