add partitions to setup?

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got a 1tb card to upgrade from my 512, and i want to add an android and maybe linux partition as well in addition to the existing emunand from my 512 card. i was planning on using hekate to transfer the emunand over but what’s the best procedure to add these new partitions to an existing setup?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you have a partition based emummc on the old card you can use Hekate to make a backup of it.
Then use Hekate to partition the new card (create partitions for FAT32, EmuMMC, Android, Linux), create emummc and restore emummc
Copy over files from the fat32 partition from old to new card
Finally install Android and Linux

Last edited by petspeed,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a partition based emummc on the old card you can use Hekate to make a backup of it.
Then use Hekate to partition the new card, create emummc and restore emummc
Copy over files from the fat32 partition from old to new card
Finally install Android and Linux
While they partition for emunand/emummc, partition for Linux and Android. This way when you setup either one. Ya don't have to partition it again and end up wiping everything

Reactions: petspeed

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
While they partition for emunand/emummc, partition for Linux and Android. This way when you setup either one. Ya don't have to partition it again and end up wiping everything
That was the idea in my post but maybe I didn't make it clear enough 🤣

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay last questions, with like android and linux partitions how much of the allocated space is unusable for each one from like system files and such, (i.e. if i make a 60GB android partition do i have like 55GB of usable space after factoring in the OS and everything?) and if i use fat32 on emummc and want to use exfat for my android and linux partitions can hekate do that for me as well? i read it was possible to do that on another thread but i don't know much about the actual procedure for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto