Hacking after kernel panic reboot

babycomingsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have one question : will it shows "the ps4 was not turned off properly"screen after jailbreak crash---kernel panic shutting off???

F7C25D71-2209-402F-89B4-F90EFBB3CDF5.png

(i was not jailbreak PS4 user SO i cant test by my self but i want to know that)

Last edited by babycomingsh,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a sandisk connect. when I was backing up my games, that error happened a couple times. I tried to enable hen, then the dumper, which I don't think my system liked. I don't think I ever get that error if I'm deploying one payload. I have my ps4 attached to a toggle switch, so I just need to flip the switch instead of unplugging the power if it's paniced. I think that error can be from residual traces, so it doesn't have to happen when you were deploying payloads.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you esp8266 ?or web exploit????

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you esp8266 ?or web exploit????
Hi, if you check Reddit I answered your question earlier today. You either need to update your payload to HEN 2.1 or you need to turn off "Rest Mode". "Rest Mode" does not work with HEN 1.7 and causes kernel panic.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would explain why I haven't seen that error for over a year. I just recently updated x project and leeful's frontend. I've seen my system get paniced in the past, and I think one of the times I deployed hen caused a memory error, but the payload had been deployed successfully. I also don't have rest mode on, since I rarely play the system.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that would explain why I haven't seen that error for over a year. I just recently updated x project and leeful's frontend. I've seen my system get paniced in the past, and I think one of the times I deployed hen caused a memory error, but the payload had been deployed successfully. I also don't have rest mode on, since I rarely play the system.
I don't use my PS4 a whole lot either so I used to just turn it off as well. I have to admit it's nice to be able to suspend my game and when I turn it back on be right where I paused from. It's actually made me start using my PS4 more often since it's more convenient. I never realized how much I missed the suspend game function until I got it back. I haven't had to launch the HEN payload in close to two months, and the last time I did, it was only because we had a power outage one day.

(I should note that the bug only occurs when an app is suspended while entering rest mode. If you exit the game/app it would normally resume properly. It's probably better described as the "suspend bug")

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad the switch has that option as well, but sometimes my pro controller doesn't wake up the system. that never happens with the ps4. I've heard of it happening to other people with the switch as well. I can't recall if ever happens with the joy cons.

btw, the wii u kinda has that option, with vc games. you have to exit back to the wii u menu for it to save. turning off the system eliminates that save.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad the switch has that option as well, but sometimes my pro controller doesn't wake up the system. that never happens with the ps4. I've heard of it happening to other people with the switch as well. I can't recall if ever happens with the joy cons.
Yeah definitely one of the best things about the newer consoles is the hibernation features. It was actually a function in the PSPgo as well. Really the PSPgo was the spiritual precursor of The Switch (with it's docking to the TV and wireless DualShock 3 capability).

The Switch is why I don't use my PS4 very often. I've always liked handhelds better, I'm pretty excited about this AlienWare UFO concept. I have high hopes that it will have an eGPU dock option.

FYI, I have noticed the same thing where the Pro controller occasionally won't wake it up and I have to lift it out of the dock for a second to wake it up. IDK if it happens with JoyCons because I rarely use them detached.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that problem with both switches I've owned, so I was hoping it was normal and not something that was defective. this smash pro controller I'm using cost about $86, so I was wondering if it was a fake, which I believe the normal pro from walmart would do the same thing.

I examined my controller with a video that showed how to spot a fake. it looks like a legit one. I know weight can be a factor too. I have these 3000 maH batteries that are light as a feather, so I know that they're fake. I also once bought a psu for my desktop computer on ebay. that thing was extremely light, and could've caused damage to my computer, so I returned it and bought a real one elsewhere.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have one question : will it shows "the ps4 was not turned off properly"screen after jailbreak crash---kernel panic shutting off???
No. The PS4 shows that screen if you unplug the PS4 or hold down the power button while the PS4 is still turned on.

When you get a kernel panic the PS4 will appear to have been turned off. when you press the power button it will beep once but it will not start so you wait 10 seconds and press the power button again.
Now the PS4 will now start up and it will show the checking system storage screen then boot up as normal.

If you unplug the the PS4 after it has kernel paniced you might see that screen, that is why you just press the power button, wait and then press it again.

The only time you ever need to unplug or hold the power button is when your PS4 crashes and freezes. You do not have to do this if it is just a kernel panic.

Reactions: babycomingsh

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that problem with both switches I've owned, so I was hoping it was normal and not something that was defective. this smash pro controller I'm using cost about $86, so I was wondering if it was a fake, which I believe the normal pro from walmart would do the same thing.

I examined my controller with a video that showed how to spot a fake. it looks like a legit one. I know weight can be a factor too. I have these 3000 maH batteries that are light as a feather, so I know that they're fake. I also once bought a psu for my desktop computer on ebay. that thing was extremely light, and could've caused damage to my computer, so I returned it and bought a real one elsewhere.
I can verify that I have occasionally (3-5x over 2-3 years maybe?) had similar experiences and I am relatively certain my Pro Controller is real since I bought it from store.nintendo.com.

I don't want to shit up the thread more than I already have, feel free to PM me if you want to continue the Switch conversation.

babycomingsh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No. The PS4 shows that screen if you unplug the PS4 or hold down the power button while the PS4 is still turned on.

When you get a kernel panic the PS4 will appear to have been turned off. when you press the power button it will beep once but it will not start so you wait 10 seconds and press the power button again.
Now the PS4 will now start up and it will show the checking system storage screen then boot up as normal.

If you unplug the the PS4 after it has kernel paniced you might see that screen, that is why you just press the power button, wait and then press it again.

The only time you ever need to unplug or hold the power button is when your PS4 crashes and freezes. You do not have to do this if it is just a kernel panic.
another question:will kernal panic shutting down damage to the ps4 hard disk?or cause any hard disk issues???

Last edited by babycomingsh,
Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
another question:will kernal panic shutting down damage to the ps4 hard disk?or cause any hard disk issues???
I've literally had hundreds of kernel panics while building/testing things over and over again and I've never had any HDD issues (not even a forced database rebuild).

Obviously kernel panics are not ideal but I personally have had no issues from kernel panics happening.:)

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country

Well, if kernel panic shows up while a game is being saved, that save file will probably be damaged and you will have to start from the beginning. It happened to me once while playing A Way Out with my friend when he was stopping by. We were a few hours into the game and that kernel panic ruined all the fun when we realized there was no way to continue from last save that I forgot to backup.

To avoid this, you should backup save files frequently so when the tragedy happens, you will have a chance to continue from the latest backup save.

If the kernel panic happens right after running hen or other payloads, it's ok for the time being I guess, but will have expected consequences to hard drive such as bad sector problem.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've ever seen a kernel panic while playing a game. though, I've seen it panic if using too many payloads in succession. I guess it could happen while gaming, because I've seen panics happen several minutes later. point being -- I think if it were to panic while gaming, it would be quick to happen.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think I've ever seen a kernel panic while playing a game. though, I've seen it panic if using too many payloads in succession. I guess it could happen while gaming, because I've seen panics happen several minutes later. point being -- I think if it were to panic while gaming, it would be quick to happen.
Exactly the same here.:)
Never had a kernel panic while playing a game apart from when I was using very early versions of hen. (1.7 i think)
I remember Biohazard would crash sometimes when trying to save but that was a a freeze, not a kernel panic.

Never had any issues like that with the latest Hen. If it is going to kernel panic, It will usually happen when the kernel being patched or straight after Hen is loaded..

What I always do is, when Hen has loaded, instead of starting a game I open the browser again. If a kernel panic is going to happen, It will happen then. Doing this I have never had any problems.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto