Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: sudeki300

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to 2.21.4 within the app with no issues but how do you download sigpatches?
that function has been removed from this app, which would often bork your install if you have incompatible/un-updated homebrew, its always best to update your sd manually on a pc and avoid deepsea,

edit: didn't mean to disparage the app, it is good.

Last edited by sith,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that function has been removed from this app, which would just break your install most times anyway, always best to update your sd manually on a pc and avoid deepsea.
What does that even mean?

you can search for the thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/ and download the latest sigpatches from the OP.
The option was removed. You can install any package you want with the "custom" tab if you provide a direct url to a zip archive

Reactions: impeeza

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what don't you understand? you repeated what i said, sig patch option got removed.

to restate the other part, your aio app regularly breaks installs because the atmo/contents and other things are not considered, if you have themes, sys modules or other things that clash with the updates the install won't boot. Its always best to do what your app notifies you about when it launches, understand how to do it manually so you can fix it after the updates you do in aio put your console to a no -boot atmo crash blackscreen.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what don't you understand? you repeated what i said, sig patch option got removed.

to restate the other part, your aio app regularly breaks installs because the atmo/contents and other things are not considered, if you have themes, sys modules or other things that clash with the updates the install won't boot. Its always best to do what your app notifies you about when it launches, understand how to do it manually so you can fix it after the updates you do in aio put your console to a no -boot atmo crash blackscreen.
Well the app lets you disable sysmodules when you update atmosphere and notifies you that you have themes when you try to update the firmware.

Maybe you mess up still and prefer to not use my app, which is fine, but I'd appreciate if you didn't tell others that it breaks things (it doesn't) in this thread lol

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

buddy, please read all, including the application documentation, the option was removed, Yes. you can always using the custom tab and add YOUR preferred source.

For source you can use any of the links shared with you or use google to find a source for the zip file you want and then add to a custom tab.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The aio updater onkly breaks stuff if you don´t know what you are doing.
Like having sysmodules installed and not checking if they are compatible with the newest Atmophere version.

• Love

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the app lets you disable sysmodules when you update atmosphere and notifies you that you have themes when you try to update the firmware.

Maybe you mess up still and prefer to not use my app, which is fine, but I'd appreciate if you didn't tell others that it breaks things (it doesn't) in this thread lol
oh nice, those are good features i didn't know it had now and i appreciate your work and desire to improve it, i misspoke i guess, its not your app that breaks the installs, simply the updates its is helping you apply being incompatible with other homebrew, maybe if the install was vanilla enough everything will go smooth.

Stacio88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with V2.22 on atmosphere 15.4 on my OLED. The updater keeps crashing everytime i try downloading cheat updates. Or even when trying to view installed cheats. It crashes my switch and I have to reboot. Anyone else having issues?

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Homlet, first of all, I'd like to thank you for this amazing homebrew application.

Second, I'd like to report that I found out 2 forks of your project that did not make their source code available, which violates the GPL license. I was using one of their forks and found several bugs, so I naturally wanted to help fix some of them, but the source code was nowhere to be found.

One of them stopped pushing the source code around July (even though several new builds have been released since then) and the other one hasn't released the source code at all.

When one of then was asked about it, he replied in a passive aggressive manner, and said that "only commercial GPL projects need to make their source code public". After being corrected, he didn't reply any further.

If you're interested, I can DM you more details about them and what happened.

Last edited by some1ne,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey @Homlet, first of all, I'd like to thank you for this amazing homebrew application.

Second, I'd like to report that I found out 2 forks of your project that did not make their source code available, which violates the GPL license. I was using one of their forks and found several bugs, so I naturally wanted to help fix some of them, but the source code was nowhere to be found.

One of them stopped pushing the source code around July (even though several new builds have been released since then) and the other one hasn't released the source code at all. The authors of both seem close to each other.

When one of then was confronted, he replied in a passive aggressive manner, and said that "only commercial GPL projects need to make their source code public". After being corrected, he didn't reply any further.

If you're interested, I can DM you more details about them and what happened.
It's unfortunate but what am I gonna do, sue? Anyways, feel free to tell me what they are out of curiosity. And thank you for your message + for trying to make things right

Reactions: impeeza and some1ne

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with V2.22 on atmosphere 15.4 on my OLED. The updater keeps crashing everytime i try downloading cheat updates. Or even when trying to view installed cheats. It crashes my switch and I have to reboot. Anyone else having issues?
I am having the same issue on all 3 of my switches. One is TOTK edition with instinct v6 mod, the others are v1 using RCM jig.

All run the same exact SD setup. Hekate with Atmosphere. All apps up to date.

They all crash when trying to update cheats via AIO updater (updating other stuff via AIO works fine). Not a big deal on the OLED but the V1s have to be injected again after reboot.

I tried to just download the contents.zip directly from GitHub and while extracting I got an error so maybe this is the issue. The error I got mentioned the file name inside of Mortal Kombat 11 being too long. So maybe this is causing the error on the switch. On the PC you can just skip this error but on the switch there would be no option to do this.

Not sure if that’s related or not but could be it.

@Homlet

**UPDATE**
Tried to download the contents.zip and correct the file name, upload it to my own server, then use it as a custom link in AIO. Still crashed. So it's not related to the file name. Ohh well. For now I just stick to manually updating the cheats. I extract the cheats and drag them over to the SD Card. Not as convenient but works without crashing.

Last edited by Lassik,

vulcan5d

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting find when downloading all the cheats on a 512GB Samsung Evo Micro SD card. I don't know if it's a file limit on the SD card or something but the SD card just crawled. Switch Lite boot time was 5minutes from start and everything was super sluggish. The last thing I did was download all cheats using the AIO tool which downloaded a lot of files. I then deleted them and BOOM speed restored. I did run a speed test when it was sluggish and it performed normally so something else was going on causing this issue. Yes, I have repeated it with the same result.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Interesting find when downloading all the cheats on a 512GB Samsung Evo Micro SD card. I don't know if it's a file limit on the SD card or something but the SD card just crawled. Switch Lite boot time was 5minutes from start and everything was super sluggish. The last thing I did was download all cheats using the AIO tool which downloaded a lot of files. I then deleted them and BOOM speed restored. I did run a speed test when it was sluggish and it performed normally so something else was going on causing this issue. Yes, I have repeated it with the same result.
Its more likely you have a bad/fake card, use h2testw https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-ams-emulator-cant-run-games.615664/post-9885418 to test your card

Also

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
All In One updating apps usually break shit because they don't take in custom configurations and deal with them properly. I'll stick to updating my Switch CFW setup manually.
What is your custom configuration that is incompatible with the app? I'm willing to implement it but I suspect your use case is already covered in the readme

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle