Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
hey guys
i was running hg on my ak2i with akaio 1.7 and it froze when i returned to the prof. elm's lab after visiting mr.pokemon
any reason why it froze?
Could be just a random glitch or minor contact interruption but Pokemon HGSS compatibility was fixed in AKAIO 1.6 so everything should be fine. Unless you can repeat the problem, I don't believe this is something to worry about.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
mages4ever:
yes i was using cheats but not too many cheats
i only used wild pokemon modifier to get all 3 starters
i used fast text speed , fast movement
and camera angle to top view

hakoda:
i didn't have a chance to go all of that again because i have to study for my exam also
ill post it up later if i have that problem again

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not uncommon for games running on a flashcart to randomly freeze at points. While it's ussually rare, it does happen.

Did you try testing it again to see if it freezes again? Chances are it was just a contact interruption as Hakoda mentioned.

I would also suggest turning off Soft-Reset and Cheats if it persists. If that still doesn't fix it try a different DMA mode.

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
make sure any Pokemon game isn't trimmed. its the only series in my collection that I don't play trimmed because it usually freezes in a certain spot. the game has A LOT of customizable data, which can freeze in the future.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i have the xenophobia dump that came out on the first day
so i dont know about it being trimmed
its 128 mb if that helps

i played again and it froze on the house, the guy that gives u the apricon case,between mr.pokemon's house
then i played again and it froze on the first rival battle when returning to prof. elm's lab
so i though maybe it was the other 2 starters i got from wild pokemon modifier
so i put them in the cherrygrove town's pkmcenter pc and tried to play again and it hasn't froze , yet
i just got to violet city and will post if it freezes again.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this the only game that's been freezing?

if this is the only game you've been playing, the answer doesn't matter

the only time i had multiple freezes in a game in multiple places it was a contact issue, with the ak2i. have you already tried the paper trick? http://gbatemp.net/t231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues

of course i never use that many cheats so there's always that possibility the combination of them is causing your instability.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kiafazool said:
i have the xenophobia dump that came out on the first day
so i dont know about it being trimmed
its 128 mb if that helps
Umm... it's not trimmed. If the filesize is a multiple of 8 (8MB, 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 256MB, etc.), it's not trimmed.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
exangel said:
is this the only game that's been freezing?

if this is the only game you've been playing, the answer doesn't matter

the only time i had multiple freezes in a game in multiple places it was a contact issue, with the ak2i. have you already tried the paper trick? http://gbatemp.net/t231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues

of course i never use that many cheats so there's always that possibility the combination of them is causing your instability.

nope i thought it was the contact issue that occurred in somewhat of a 5 minute time frame
i put on super mario and played for 5 mins
but nothing

maybe its the cheats

my ak2i is exactly the same as the bottom ak2i in this picture
the pcd is higher on the left side

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, its cheats. disable soft reset and cheats.

and try a different DMA mode as well.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the game a running a bit slow in general? Do the menus appear to stutter when scrolling through items? If it does I would get a better quality SD card or try the Panasonic formatter.

My boy plays pokemon all the time and the games appear to be more susceptible than others to slow downs and freezes when using poor quality SD cards. My lad had so many problems when playing his games that I bit the bullet and purchased a Samsung + card. Needless to say, no more problems.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
yea i think its cheats too
but i dont know what dma mode is because i got my ak2i 3 days ago

the game is not running slow
the game is running properly
i used the panasonic formatter before i put akaio or any game on the sd card
and my sd card is kingston so i think my sd card quality is the best

and the game doesn't just freeze while im running or having a pokemon battle or while talking to someone and randomly the screen freezes and a weird sound comes,
no it freezes right when i have a black screen in a game, for example the 2 seconds of black screen when entering a house or entering a pokemon battle

the first time it froze when i was entering the prof elm's lab and the 2 seconds of black screen became just a black screen and froze
the second time it froze when i was entering a house where you get a apricon case
the third time it froze when i was entering the pokemon battle with my rival the first time

so im pretty sure its cheats and the game goes all weird when i have a chikorita and my rival has a chikorita and we are battle even before i get a pokemon

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
can someone help me here
i thought akaio was "the best there is" but in a span of 3 days im having problems with it
its freezing at random points of the game
i have the xenophobia dump and its 128mb
why is it freezing
???
i dont think cheats is the answer because i was alot of cheat on super mario bros and no freezing

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
can someone help me here
i thought akaio was "the best there is" but in a span of 3 days im having problems with it
its freezing at random points of the game
i have the xenophobia dump and its 128mb
why is it freezing
???
i dont think cheats is the answer because i was alot of cheat on super mario bros and no freezing

Just because it's freezing on a problematic game doesn't mean it's not good.

It sounds to me like you need to try a different DMA mode, or redownload the latest loaders. The problem your having is very close to that of what the original anti-piracy was for the game, but that was patched months ago.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
what does a dma mode do?
whats wrong we my acekard?

i was playing heartgold and the same thing happened
the guy in violet city that trades a onix for a bellsprout, i talked to him even though i didn;t have a bellsprout (just to piss him off), and when i was going to the screen that shows all my pokemon and i have to choose the bellsprout, the 2 seconds of black screen became a free. i restarted and talked to him again but it didn't freeze. then i continued on and when i was entering the tower north of violet city, the 2 seconds of black screen when loading became a freeze.

why is it freezing?
wtf.gif

im not hacking like a maniac
i just have a speed hack on to enhance my gameplay and i though the ak2i was the the best card out there for compatibility of roms and cheats, 4 days with it and already have a problem
wtf.gif

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
what i know is the hardcore cheats like event pokemons and items tend to freeze alot
but i was using faster gameplay cheats on my r4 ultra (clone) and no freezing
r4 ultra is a dead clone and IT never had any problems
then why am i getting problems on a named, high end slot 1 card

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you're saying, that you used the exact combination of cheats that is giving you freezes on AK2i, on your R4 ultra and did not get freezes on it??

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
kiafazool said:
then why am i getting problems on a named, high end slot 1 card
What made you think AK2i is a high end card? Oh yeah, don't answer that. Well it's not a high end card, it's a budget card.
Btw, I've read that the Ultra is an AK2i clone, so the insides of these two cards are quite similar. You should get AKAIO 1.5.1 MOD working on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1