Rascal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1.5 looks great. Thanks a lot. I've noticed something that may be a bug, but before filing a full bug report on the AKAIO forums, I want to see if anybody else has the same issue.

I blew out my __aio folder (after I backed it up) and copied the new one from 1.5 to my uSD card. I then copied over all my themes into the new UI folder. When I go to select a theme in AKAIO 1.5, instead of showing the full names for the themes, I am getting old dos-style names. For example, instead of seeing "New Super Mario", it shows "NEWSUP~1". GlobalSettings.ini is also using the "NEWSUP~1" nomenclature.

Can I have a few people check out how this is behaving for them and reply back to this thread. If everyone is having this problem, then I'll file a bug report. If some are and some aren't, then we'll see if we can't figure out what's causing the problem for those that have it (like me).

Rascal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
italianmod said:
I got the same thing, but its fine. It doesn't cause any problems when using the skin.
But it does make it difficult when you have a few themes with similar names.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this different from AKAIO 1.4? Did 1.4 show the theme/skin names a little better? Looking at my old GlobalSettings.ini would imply that 1.4 used the full theme names.

Rascal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaaynn said:
It is because the name is too long. If the name is, I believe under 8 letters then it is fine.
All hail prince obvious
bow.gif

I know that it is truncating to old DOS style 8.3 naming convention because the folders are longer than 8 characters. My point was that AKAIO 1.4 didn't do this. I just downgraded and confirmed that AKAIO 1.4 showed the full folder name for the themes.

I'll go file a bug report on the AKAIO forums.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
shaaynn said:
It is because the name is too long. If the name is, I believe under 8 letters then it is fine.
All hail prince obvious
bow.gif

I know that it is truncating to old DOS style 8.3 naming convention because the folders are longer than 8 characters. My point was that AKAIO 1.4 didn't do this. I just downgraded and confirmed that AKAIO 1.4 showed the full folder name for the themes.

I'll go file a bug report on the AKAIO forums.

It's not a bug.

Get used to it.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not too big of a problem for me. Looks like I'll just have to rename some of the folders, that's all.
smile.gif

If you want to see the full name of your UI folder by all means downgrade back to 1.4.1. I'll just stick with my plan.
wink.gif

Rascal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Primenay13 said:
I pretty sure it has always been that way. If its under 8 characters then it shouldn't do that.
As I stated in my OP, it wasn't always that way. It's changed since AKAIO 1.4.1. If this is how Normmatt intended it, then so be it, but it is a change in behavior from the previous version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...