dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have a 3-in-1 and I'm using the latest version of AKAIO on my AceKard 2. I can't get the browser to be automaticly patched. I know the acekard works because I can both use the built in support to play GBA games and use EXP Loader to run GBA games and to use the ram for the browser. So, does the browser need to be named something or...?

Wiki didn't have much, neither did searching.

Oh, and I tried to use the cheat code for the browser to use the 3-in-1, didn't help.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
just run the official nds browser like any rom and akaio will automatically patch it and run it. there is also an option to boot the ram first, i never had to try to do it that way. make sure your browser is a clean dump with no previous applied patches.

-another world

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I notice it sometimes takes a couple of tries to get the browser working. It locks up the on boot sometimes (not with the "insert RAM" error, it just stops), but works fine others. I haven't figured out what causes it yet.

dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
just run the official nds browser like any rom and akaio will automatically patch it and run it. there is also an option to boot the ram first, i never had to try to do it that way. make sure your browser is a clean dump with no previous applied patches.

-another world

Yeah, that's what I did and I always get the "There's no RAM" message. I've tried clean roms from a couple different sources to no avail. Using the menu to use the RAM first doesn't help, but using Ruldolph's EXP Loader to use the RAM then boot the browser works fine.

And how do I edit topic titles?
unsure.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
all i can tell you that on my rpg and ak2 running akaio 1.2 (and 1.3 betas) i don't have to do anything special. it sounds like you have a problem with your 3-in-1 or perhaps your msd just needs a format. i recently had issues with akaio not doing what it should and it was fixed when i deleted the globalsettings.ini. yes i realize it shouldn't matter but for some reason transfering that ini over while i beta test firmwares has caused some unexpected issues. perhaps give that a try?

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yes, my sources are direct. i crc checked it as well it matches.

i'm still thinking its an issue with his 3-in-1 or contacts of the 3-in-1 when inserted. the browser does hang sometimes, but i have never had it fail to patch and boot. i think the hanging is from the old loader, but i have not tested it with the 4.11 loaders on my ak2 with akaio.

-another world

dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got it to work. How? Well, I used Rudolph's EXP Loader and put a rom in the NOR. Yeah, that's it. I didn't reformat or update my loader. Just put a rom in the NOR.

Any reason why that did it?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
oh so your saying your 3-in-1 is working perfectly with gba roms but still having browser patching issues with the built-in 3-in-1 support in akaio?

with the help of some others i raised enough money to buy both norm and smiths each a 3-in-1. hopefully they can make some fixes for the 1.3 release of akaio.

-another world

dragon574444

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh...let me clarify.

I couldn't get the browser to automaticly patch to use the 3-in-1's ram.
GBA games worked fine. Always have.
Rumble works fine.
I could also use Rudolph's EXP Loader to boot the RAM and that made the browser work fine.

Now.

What I did on a whim is send a GBA game to the 3-in-1's NOR RAM.
Oddly enough, now the browser is being automaticly patched to use the 3-in-1's RAM.

That's all I did to make it work.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
until something is written into nor the 3-in-1 does not show up as being inserted, from my memory. mine behaved this way and so have others from what i've read. akaio support might be a simple firmeware check to see what is inserted into slot2 before it does anything. which might explain the ram issue if that check was only left in for the ram boot. the 3-in-1 stuff is all bliss coded that was merged by norm. norm in my opinion is a better coder which is one of the driving reasons to get a 3-in-1 into his hands.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gas pump ran out of gas only got $8 in lol