Hacking AKAIO = fat error AK stock = good

xboxrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so much of a noob on this Acekard it's not funny... until today I had used the standard acekard firmware, but for grins thought I would try AKAIO. Grab sdformatter, wacked the card, dumped new akaio on it plus a dir for games... FAT ERROR, strange, so I reformat, same thing FAT ERROR. I put standard firmware on card, boots fine. I could not determine from my reading if I have one of the "bad" acekard's or if I'm just daft and don't get how to use AKAIO. I ordered this acekard in September (if I recall correctly). Any insight or links to more information appreciated. I did search and found this posting http://www.gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php/t140852.html by fantasmo, but he only reformatted and I've done that (both quick and FULL).

School me
lecture.gif
I'm up for learning.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
do you have an ak2 or an ak2.1?

there is no reason why the official would work but not akaio. i have experienced firsthand the ak2 giving me a FAT error buy just putting a new homebrew on it, i've had no such issues what-so-ever with the 2.1s.

-another world

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...

Assuming AKAIO is installed correctly (everything on the root)...

You shouldn't be getting this error...

Check to see if you have a "2.1" on the Acekard 2's sticker.

xboxrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Card in hand, looking at sticker it reads ver 2.1. The slot is spring loaded. I brought a second SD card today and it works on this one... Strange but true... I'm going to copy off the working card to the non-working card just to see if for some reason it is the card... Thanks for replies though..

I have this on the root of my card
__aio
Games
akmenu4.nds

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I generally get FAT errors when I do not properly eject the SD card from windows. Usually plugging it back in and doing the eject fixes the problem

It also might be worth re-formatting your SD card with the Panasonic SD format utility

xboxrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm good to go with this 4gb SDHC card (my 2gb does not like akaio), now I'm moving on to moonshell and cheats, with 4gb to use I'm gonna fill er up
smile.gif

update: downloaded moonshell2 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4765 and it is sweet, the progress bar actually shows up on this moonshell so I can fast forward or rewind at will... very nice indeed.

next event, confirming wifi works on akaio and trying to update cheats via wifi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol