All 3ds homebrew icons disappeared from the home screen

ecobody

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently hacked my 3ds and started getting into all of this. Everything was fine until I tried to delete a game by going into system settings and data management and deleting the game but after I was finished and went back my ds home screen was set back to normal.

All the game icons, homebrew app, and hshop were gone. I already checked my sd card and everything was still there I also went to my download play and opened the homebrew launcher and everything was still there but I don't know if there's a way to have the icons on the home screen again. Is there any way I can fix this (I already downloaded Faketik and that didn't work also)

Adelaide00270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently hacked my 3ds and started getting into all of this. Everything was fine until I tried to delete a game by going into system settings and data management and deleting the game but after I was finished and went back my ds home screen was set back to normal.

All the game icons, homebrew app, and hshop were gone. I already checked my sd card and everything was still there I also went to my download play and opened the homebrew launcher and everything was still there but I don't know if there's a way to have the icons on the home screen again. Is there any way I can fix this (I already downloaded Faketik and that didn't work also)
i just had the same problem, i had to completely delete the partition on my drive, and reformat, i was lucky enough to have a complete dump from the day prior that i used to get my system back, all because the pokemon white rom i had corrupted, the corrupted files cannot be deleted unless you completely delete the partition and make another
Post automatically merged:

i just had this happen to me and i had to delete the whole partition on my drive and make another partition. i was lucky enough to have a full sys backup from yesterday so i copied that over after letting my 3ds prep it, and im fine now. i swapped out a bunch of roms for dsi enhanced versions tho just to be safe.

Last edited by Adelaide00270,
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just had the same problem, i had to completely delete the partition on my drive, and reformat, i was lucky enough to have a complete dump from the day prior that i used to get my system back, all because the pokemon white rom i had corrupted, the corrupted files cannot be deleted unless you completely delete the partition and make another
Post automatically merged:

i just had this happen to me and i had to delete the whole partition on my drive and make another partition. i was lucky enough to have a full sys backup from yesterday so i copied that over after letting my 3ds prep it, and im fine now. i swapped out a bunch of roms for dsi enhanced versions tho just to be safe.

I do also keep a copy of all the files on my 3DS somewhere else for storage incase something happen.

Reactions: BigOnYa

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There!
I got this issue and managed to fix it. So my problem was, I downloaded a bunch of games and one of them was corrupted.
I tried deleting but it end up not displaying any titles at all apart from TM++

Here's what I did.
I take out the micro sd card and put in my computer then right click on the card and select "properties", go to "tools" then repair sd card.

When this is finished, you need to go to titles, so on your sd card go into your "Nintendo 3DS folder" until you see the folders called "titles" and delete the broken file (the corrupted title folder has been repaired into a file) and delete that file. The file is usually at the end of folders of titles list.

Now it should work, take out your sd card and plug it back in the 3DS.

May God Bless everyone in Jesus name :)

Last edited by AdmiralBloo,

Mayor_Kagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi There!
I got this issue and managed to fix it. So my problem was, I downloaded a bunch of games and one of them was corrupted.

Here's what I did.
I take out the micro sd card and put in my computer then right click on the card and select "properties", go to "tools" then repair sd card.

When this is finished, you need to go to titles, so on your sd card go into your "Nintendo 3DS folder" until you see the folders called "titles" and delete the broken file (the corrupted title folder has been repaired into a file) and delete that file. The file is usually at the end of folders of titles list.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I actually registered just to say thank you <3

Randomly stumbled across this problem on my 3ds and already thought that I'll need to rehack my system cause something unknown broke down. But then I saw your post and you really saved me!

Also would add, that in my case "titles" folder was inside "luma" folder. And the file that i deleted was in .txt format.

Reactions: AdmiralBloo

slimejabe1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi There!

Here's what I did.

I did this and now nothing will open. :(

Usherdennis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi There!

Here's what I did.

Thank you a herooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

TG2112

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Hi There!

Here's what I did.

BROOO!

Thank you so much. I had a Fire Emblem game corrupt on me and knock out all my icons. THIS SAVED MY BACON.

Have a lovely holiday season!!!
:toot: :yay3ds:

Reactions: anotherthing

rqzdrx7

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi There!

Here's what I did.

I did it and nothing happened, it was still the same. The homebrew apps didnt appear and only tm++ was left

AdmiralBloo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did it and nothing happened, it was still the same. The homebrew apps didnt appear and only tm++ was left
You have to delete the files causing the problems, if your memory is still full then the apps are there and the broken file is repaired and hidden somewhere to be deleted.

Phiwi05

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I actually registered just to say thank you <3

Randomly stumbled across this problem on my 3ds and already thought that I'll need to rehack my system cause something unknown broke down. But then I saw your post and you really saved me!

Also would add, that in my case "titles" folder was inside "luma" folder. And the file that i deleted was in .txt format.
I have this excact problem but I dont understand where to find the files I have to delete? In the titles folder are just more folders with even more folder :(

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have this excact problem but I dont understand where to find the files I have to delete? In the titles folder are just more folders with even more folder :(
Connect the SD card to your PC, copy everything off the SD card with Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the test is okay. If the test fails, you will need to get a new card.

This is much more productive than looking for random problematic files, plus you won't end up continuing to use a potentially corrupted card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So are you playing Mario on your Xbox online on that PlayStation Network?
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, new Doctor Who is on tomorrow... Hopefully this season is better than the last.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, never watched doctor who
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well guys, i went to the library today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What did you learn?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    since my sister said manga was a good gateway into anime, i decided to get a manga, i was going to get one punch man, but volume 1 wasn't there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well, what about Dr. What? Don't leave him out. @BigOnYa
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1