Hacking All New Files but Luna is stuck on 7.1

dakotam00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed 3ds.hacks.guide and used the seedminer -> fredtool method. Did everything the guide said. Luma is still on 7.1. Any help?
15513189543863951259632086169282.jpg
15513189543863951259632086169282.jpg

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry. My fault. I have been busy with another problem the last couple of days and simply forgot about this. But…
I did buy it off eBay a week ago, but I'm fairly certain it said Ver. 11.9 in System settings
is technically not an answer to my question: "Was the N3DS hacked before?" I will interpret this as "Don't know."

Time for some guesswork. If you are sure you've never downloaded the v7.1 release of Luma answer is probably: "Yes, it was hacked before and is loading boot.firm (v7.1) from CTRNAND." To find that out:

Does the N3DS boot to Luma v7.1 setting when holding (SELECT) while no micro-SD is inserted?

7.1 luma was for v1.0 and 1.1 b9s. Had you updated B9S to the latest version?
Exactly my thought. Maybe the N3DS already came with B9S 1.0 or 1.1 (in this case Fredminer was unnecessary).

Try updating to the latest version with this:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

Edit: Seems to be B9S version 1.0
Apparently Luma v7.1 does not show the infamous "Failed to Apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" on latest official firmware and still works as expected.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: lone_wolf323

dakotam00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. My fault. I have been busy with another problem the last couple of days and simply forgot about this. But…

is technically not an answer to my question: "Was the N3DS hacked before?" I will interpret this as "Don't know."

Time for some guesswork. If you are sure you've never downloaded the v7.1 release of Luma answer is probably: "Yes, it was hacked before and is loading boot.firm (v7.1) from CTRNAND." To find that out:

Does the N3DS boot to Luma v7.1 setting when holding (SELECT) while no micro-SD is inserted?

Exactly my thought. Maybe the N3DS already came with B9S 1.0 or 1.1 (in this case Fredminer was unnecessary).

Try updating to the latest version with this:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

Edit: Seems to be B9S version 1.0
Apparently Luma v7.1 does not show the infamous "Failed to Apply 1 FIRM patch(es)" on latest official firmware and still works as expected.

I finally got some time to do this. I can contact the seller and ask if it was hacked beforehand too just to make sure.
I removed the microSD and it did in fact boot Luma 7.1.
So the next step would be to update B9S?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...