The BFRES Tools-
Big thanks to @RandomTBush for keeping the bfres script updated for 3dsmax
There are two flavors of importing

Blender - io_BFRES_vertex.zip
3dsMAX - BFRESToolz.zip

Both contain importers and exporters with slight difrences

Blender usage
Import via File -> Import -> BFRES
Inject via the Scene Tab and the BFRES Tool Panel By selecting ether a copy or orignal *.bfres
Press the Inject tab once you made your selection

3DSMax usage
BFRES Script_FORIMPORT.ms -> Import Model -> Edit Model -> VertExport.ms -> BFRES_Vertex.py

Usage is in the ReadMe File, but if you need help still its

And to remind you im @smb123w64gb most places

OH and the blender tool imports the textures if there in png format.

Attachments

• BFRESToolz.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,159
  • io_BFRES_vertex.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,693
Last edited by mariosonicds,

Rudelof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we can now finally have vertex mods in Mario Kart 8? :D

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So we can now finally have vertex mods in Mario Kart 8? :D

322127004d.png
f561914710.png

yes

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How to set up / use this thing in Blender

First of all, download this: https://mega.nz/#!TBUWBajQ!uUNxFc9b_zWVCejsByrMVsgryQ-ztW1C74yXp80tjqM
It's a more recent / stable version of the plugin that smb123w64gb gave to me on Discord to fix some issues, OP wasn't updated with it yet.

Step 1: Installing the Plugin

Extract the folder in the zip to C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.7x\scripts\addons (2.7x being the Blender version you have, probably 2.77 or 2.78)
Your folder should be like this:

a8a89fe1174340c0a80d2ff52ac4bc32.png

Step 2: Enabling the Plugin

Enable the plugin in Blender by going to File -> User Preferences (Ctrl+Alt+U) and into the Add-ons tab. Scroll down until you find the plugin:
7ecdda7d96b847e697555e3382a452e7.png
and then click Save User Settings, then close and reopen Blender.

Step 3: Clearing the Scene

Before doing anything, you must clear the current scene in Blender. To do this, on the very right side of the program you will see this:
505ad7a03eb84c36b77a8fc181972717.png

You MUST be in this Scene tab (the one the arrow is pointing to). From here, scroll down to the bottom where you'll find this BFRES Tool panel:
49b6b0a739964d3f8a5d9cff919fcbf2.png

Click 'Clear Scene' and you will now be able to import your BFRES file.

Step 4: Importing the BFRES

Import the BFRES you want to edit by going to File -> Import -> Nintendo BFRES (.bfres) and locate the file. Once you've done that, go back to where you clicked Clear Scene. Right above it you will see Model Directory and a folder icon. Click the folder icon and locate the BFRES you are editing so the script has somewhere to inject the edits into.

Now, right click your model and enter Edit Mode to do any vertex editing you'd like to it.
b2da95c39bb4401fbc133e08df65af5d.png

12f26a7786974636a1d0975b93cbbb24.png

Vertex editing is not something I'll be covering in this tutorial, I'm sure you can find tips elsewhere. Just know how to use basic Blender functions and you should be good.

WARNING: Keep in mind that you CANNOT add or delete vertices. It will not work. You can only edit the existing vertices of your model.

Step 5: Saving Your Vertex Edits

Once you're done editing the model as you'd like, go back into Object Mode and then to the BFRES Tool panel. Simply click Inject (and wait a bit if it's a large model e.g. a course from MK8) and you're done! Convert your BFRES back to SZS if needed and test it in game with Cafiine.

Last edited by Harmonia,

YoshiCrystal

nx
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to set up / use this thing in Blender

First of all, download this: https://mega.nz/#!TBUWBajQ!uUNxFc9b_zWVCejsByrMVsgryQ-ztW1C74yXp80tjqM
It's a more recent / stable version of the plugin that smb123w64gb gave to me on Discord to fix some issues, OP wasn't updated with it yet.

Step 1: Installing the Plugin

Extract the folder in the zip to C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.7x\scripts\addons (2.7x being the Blender version you have, probably 2.77 or 2.78)
Your folder should be like this:

a8a89fe1174340c0a80d2ff52ac4bc32.png

Step 2: Enabling the Plugin

Enable the plugin in Blender by going to File -> User Preferences (Ctrl+Alt+U) and into the Add-ons tab. Scroll down until you find the plugin:
7ecdda7d96b847e697555e3382a452e7.png
and then click Save User Settings, then close and reopen Blender.

Step 3: Clearing the Scene

Before doing anything, you must clear the current scene in Blender. To do this, on the very right side of the program you will see this:
505ad7a03eb84c36b77a8fc181972717.png

You MUST be in this Scene tab (the one the arrow is pointing to). From here, scroll down to the bottom where you'll find this BFRES Tool panel:
49b6b0a739964d3f8a5d9cff919fcbf2.png

Click 'Clear Scene' and you will now be able to import your BFRES file.

Import the BFRES you want to edit by going to File -> Import -> Nintendo BFRES (.bfres) and locate the file. Once you've done that, go back to where you clicked Clear Scene. Right above it you will see Model Directory and a folder icon. Click the folder icon and locate the BFRES you are editing so the script has somewhere to inject the edits into.

Now, right click your model and enter Edit Mode to do any vertex editing you'd like to it.
b2da95c39bb4401fbc133e08df65af5d.png

12f26a7786974636a1d0975b93cbbb24.png

Vertex editing is not something I'll be covering in this tutorial, I'm sure you can find tips elsewhere. Just know how to use basic Blender functions and you should be good.

WARNING: Keep in mind that you CANNOT add or delete vertices. It will not work. You can only edit the existing vertices of your model.

Step 5: Saving Your Vertex Edits

Once you're done editing the model as you'd like, go back into Object Mode and then to the BFRES Tool panel. Simply click Inject (and wait a bit if it's a large model e.g. a course from MK8) and you're done! Convert your BFRES back to SZS if needed and test it in game with Cafiine.
i push inject and nothing happends

YoshiCrystal

nx
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not supposed to. Follow Steps 3, 4 and 5 of my guide word for word and it should work fine. You use yaz0enc to encode your BFRES back to SZS (if it was a SZS to begin with) once you're done editing it.
and the project where appears when i save it,only i press inject

JingleBells

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with export in 3ds max.....I can import using the BFRES Script_FORIMPORT.ms, and when I export using VertExport.ms it saves as csv.

How do I use the csv with BFRES_Vertex.py?
^*
:)Thank you for any assistance....

Last edited by JingleBells,

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Import the BFRES you want to edit by going to File -> Import -> Nintendo BFRES (.bfres) and locate the file.
Is there an extra addon needed for this? On a clean blender 2.78b install tehre is no bfres option even after installing this addon.
Also the file was deleted from MEGA.

Reactions: vgisuruex

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
This week I was trying to delete a part of Bowser's models, I did it (part by part but...)
But the problem is that BFRES Tool Tab, only a NUD Tool tab, I installed this a few days ago but I deleted it and I installed again this tool and appeares the same tab so when I click to inject it says me that there isn't any model.nud (SSB4 model) so I don't know how to do it, I have save it in 3DS format for open it again tomorrow and if I get the solution export it but if not I will install 3DS max
Bye!

D

Deleted User

I installed the addon and enabled it, but there's no option under import

D

Deleted User

I edited Daisy model (and sorry for my english i'm french) and when I push inject I got this : (at the bottom, right of the pic )
I executed blender as admin. Blender is the only way for me to do that (3DS max closes after few seconds and I don't find how to fix it...)
Can someone help me ? Thanks !

EDIT : The mega link is down

Errno13-Screenshoot-blender.png

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!