Homebrew Am I to not use Snes9xGx ever again?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:
If you don't have HBC 4.3 you can use this 'clean' IOS58 installer written by tantric himself;

Ios58 installer

If you don't want to install online there is an offline install option listed;

Offline install instructions

I do have system 4.3, it should have said so in the System Check I posted (check the spoiler in my post a few posts back). And yes, I made sure to delete the no_ios_reload line from the XML. And wouldn't this affect CFG Loader since that uses IOS249?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
the_randomizer said:
cIOS used for HBC: IOS249
HBC Version: 1.0.8
Wii System: 4.3U/NTSC-U
Up until now I ignored this but after your last post I have to say... WTF?

Why are you confused about that? CFG uses cIOS 249 does it not?
I think the HBC currently uses IOS36. That's what I meant to say.

Can you guys help me or not?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the_randomizer said:
tueidj said:
the_randomizer said:

You think? This is a very important point here. Go into HBC, and check what it is using (press the HOME button to do that). If it's using IOS36 (or anything other than 58), reinstall HBC so that it's using IOS58.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
the_randomizer said:
tueidj said:
the_randomizer said:

You think? This is a very important point here. Go into HBC, and check what it is using (press the HOME button to do that). If it's using IOS36 (or anything other than 58), reinstall HBC so that it's using IOS58.

I can't check to make sure, but after seeing the system check that I posted, it stated that IOS58 was definitely not patched, so that would mean that it is not being used by HBC as we speak. I'm in between classes at the university right now, so I don't have time to check but will get back in three-four hours.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the_randomizer said:
I can't check to make sure, but after seeing the system check that I posted, it stated that IOS58 was definitely not patched, so that would mean that it is not being used by HBC as we speak.

This sentence doesn't make any sense to me. But a couple of points of clarity:

-if IOS58 is patched, HBC will refuse to use it
-even if IOS58 is installed and unpatched, that doesn't necessarily mean HBC is set to use it. You must have IOS58 installed before HBC is installed. That means, if you installed IOS58 after HBC, you must reinstall HBC to have it use IOS58.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tantric said:
the_randomizer said:
I can't check to make sure, but after seeing the system check that I posted, it stated that IOS58 was definitely not patched, so that would mean that it is not being used by HBC as we speak.

This sentence doesn't make any sense to me.
You might even say that sentence...

*sunglasses*

... has been randomized.

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHH

c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
c64sd4sd4sd4 said:
If you don't have HBC 4.3 you can use this 'clean' IOS58 installer written by tantric himself;

Ios58 installer

If you don't want to install online there is an offline install option listed;

Offline install instructions

I do have system 4.3, it should have said so in the System Check I posted (check the spoiler in my post a few posts back). And yes, I made sure to delete the no_ios_reload line from the XML. And wouldn't this affect CFG Loader since that uses IOS249?

Regardless, my point was to install Ios58 which you should normally have if you have system 4.3

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had bought 2 of those WD passport drives for my Wii. The model has changed as they are now usb 3.0 compatible.
I had bad experiences when I used them on my wii as well.
Some people said they had no problems at all, but I think they only played backups with an usb loader,
which would mean they use the usb ehci routines from a cios.

So my advice, try it out with another usb harddisk or memory stick. If your hbc is running on ios 58, it will likely work.
I had suspend mode disabled as well, but I was under the impression that it didn't worked on those latest usb 3.0 models.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
the_randomizer said:

This sentence doesn't make any sense to me. But a couple of points of clarity:

-if IOS58 is patched, HBC will refuse to use it
-even if IOS58 is installed and unpatched, that doesn't necessarily mean HBC is set to use it. You must have IOS58 installed before HBC is installed. That means, if you installed IOS58 after HBC, you must reinstall HBC to have it use IOS58.

*Sigh* Sorry, I've had a long day at school and can't think clearly. How can I reinstall the HBC, do I put the hackmii installer back on the SD card, and THEN it will use IOS58? I can't just tell MMM to switch the IOS I need to use? If I confused anyone, I apologize.

QUOTE(obcd @ Sep 12 2011, 03:10 PM)
I had bought 2 of those WD passport drives for my Wii. The model has changed as they are now usb 3.0 compatible.
I had bad experiences when I used them on my wii as well.
Some people said they had no problems at all, but I think they only played backups with an usb loader,
which would mean they use the usb ehci routines from a cios.

So my advice, try it out with another usb harddisk or memory stick. If your hbc is running on ios 58, it will likely work.
I had suspend mode disabled as well, but I was under the impression that it didn't worked on those latest usb 3.0 models.

The HDD itself works just fine, regardless of the USB version being 3.0, I never had an issue with Wii WBFS backups or with other emulators (Genesis, GBA, NES).

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 Put the hackmii installer on SD at /apps/hackmii/boot.dol
2 Find and click that from within HBC to load the installer
3 Install

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the_randomizer said:
Tantric said:
1 Put the hackmii installer on SD at /apps/hackmii/boot.dol
2 Find and click that from within HBC to load the installer
3 Install

Thanks, and this should tell HBC to use IOS58? And I'm sorry for being a jerk to you.

If memory serves, when you start the installer, it will tell you what IOS HBC plans to use. So yes.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
If memory serves, when you start the installer, it will tell you what IOS HBC plans to use. So yes.

Ugh. I HATE IT WHEN I DO THIS! I just checked HBC and I have IOS58 ver.24 in use....WTF? Okay...

Still doesn't explain why it's crashing..Last resort, back up all Snes saves (.frz, .sram, etc), delete all snes9xgx-related folders on my HDD, put a fresh install of version 4.2.8 from Google Code, delete the no_ios_reload from the .xml file, make sure my wireless internet connection is intact, and then load Snes9xGx via HBC and the forwarder.

Let me sum up everything discussed and tried thus far:

- cIOS58 is for a fact being used for HBC 1.0.8 as we speak
- Loading emulator via Snes9xGx Channel Forwarder 1.1
- USB 2.0/3.0 WDD MyPassport 500GB hard drive (FAT32) is one of the more compatible drives for homebrew
- Wii System 4.3U is installed
- Tried Snes9x with no HDD and then SDHC card, then tried it with no SDHC card and HDD. SD = emulator succeeded HDD = crashed emulator

What I have not tried:

- Deleting, recreating necessary directories for the emulator, ROMs, saves, etc. on HDD
- Have not attempted to reinstall HBC (don't think it's necessary, as it currently is on IOS58)

Will a NAND restoration be required at any point in time with BootMii?

It's times like this I feel like a total no0b, like, worse than usual.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chop said:
Can you try launching it from the homebrew channel, and not the forwarder.

While I used the HBC method while running Snes9xGx off the SDHC card, I've yet to try it off of the HDD after creating the folders anew. Will try later this afternoon once I get back from school. Still, to think I've been using IOS58 this whole time truly leaves me baffled.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THAT'S IT, I GIVE UP. There isn't a chance in HELL I will ever get this to work off my USB hard drive. Right now, I am seriously at the point of wanting to slam a sledgehammer into the wall. Yes, I'm at that point as I type this.
mad.gif

Crashed immediately upon loading a ROM; whether the ROM has special chip or not is not relevant.

Reinstalled all necessary directories - FAILED
Re-downloaded Snes9xGx 4.2.8 from Google Code - FAILED
Deleted no_iso_reload from XML - FAILED
Wireless Internet connection on - FAILED
Loaded from both HBC and Forwarder Channel - FAILED
SDHC card loading from both HBC and Forward - SUCCESS
USB HDD Loading in general - FAILED

I got lucky yesterday after the reinstallation. I'm and PISSED OFF right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, stay on that plastic. (If you know, you know)