Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
amazekard142_5262011.jpg

The team behind the Amazekard have released an update. This kernel update offers support for new ROMs. The Amazekard is from a Taiwanese build team. The card is fully updatable and supports the 3DS. For more information on this software update please see the change log below.

Change Log said:
  • 5626 - Tron Evolution (DSi Enhanced) (US)(M3)
  • 5623 - Powerful Golf (JP)
  • 5613 - Digimon Story - Super Xros Wars Red (JP)
  • 5612 - Digimon Story - Super Xros Wars Blue (JP)
  • 5606 - Know How 2 (DSi Enhanced) (EU)(M5)
  • 5594 - Sports Collection - 15 Sports to Master (EU)(M4)

download.gif
 Off-site Download

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is something i found funny on their website, it's this :
hyperr4i.png
amazekard.png

The green power is now converted into red power.
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Evo.lve said:
Aren't these games really old?

not every team can have akaio, wood, or the support of ez flash and supercard (ismartds). my contact at amazekard is very friendly and he wants to make users aware of their product. they are trying to get wood support but apparently ywg is rather jaded after the whole source discussion. so you can blame the community here at gbatemp for his current lack of interest in supporting other flash kits.

they told me that this card is not based on any of the known sources (actel, r4 ultra, dstt) but is something new they built from the ground up. they are also a very new team so if they are fixing old games that’s just fine, as long as they have the skill to keep it up and offer updates.

its very hard to come into this scene at this point. the nds is basically dead. the software for it will end sooner rather than later. homebrew for the nds is already at an all time low. i wish them the best, honestly.

we will try to get a review of this card in the near future so you can all find out how it stacks up. i've talked with a few people in #acekard that own it and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

-another world

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Evo.lve said:
Aren't these games really old?

not every team can have akaio, wood, or the support of ez flash and supercard (ismartds). my contact at amazekard is very friendly and he wants to make users aware of their product. they are trying to get wood support but apparently ywg is rather jaded after the whole source discussion. so you can blame the community here at gbatemp for his current lack of interest in supporting other flash kits.

they told me that this card is not based on any of the known sources (actel, r4 ultra, dstt) but is something new they built from the ground up. they are also a very new team so if they are fixing old games that’s just fine, as long as they have the skill to keep it up and offer updates.

its very hard to come into this scene at this point. the nds is basically dead. the software for it will end sooner rather than later. homebrew for the nds is already at an all time low. i wish them the best, honestly.

we will try to get a review of this card in the near future so you can all find out how it stacks up. i've talked with a few people in #acekard that own it and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

-another world
If the cart isn't a clone of anything then yeah ok, I suppose that there's nothing else I can say, there's firmware and stuff to take care of.. I do hope that support for this cart does gt better.

But, really, would it kill them to change the cart design and OS design? They DO make them look like clones.

One last question, is this cart functional on 1.4.2?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
they said yes, it is functional with 1.4.2 and the 3ds.

from what i've just researched there are strings from the wood firmware in their kernel. i would guess that this is probably based on the actel chip design that acekard sold (seems everyone used it). that isn't a bad thing, mind you, it was a good design. r4i gold took that design and updated it so their card is now fully upgradable and can bypass the dsi check with a software response. something the acekard will never do (unless they update the hardware). i'm under the impression that this card is working much the same way as the r4i gold.

haddad talks about the build quality in his review of it and it seems rather solid. but as we all know build and design aren’t enough, they also need ongoing support and features.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yeah. where the acekard responds based on what game is flashed (hence the icon with each update). nintendo just keeps blocking those. the new method uses the icon to bypass the first check but has hardware that can make the correct software response. so when you update those cards you are only updating what response it will give. as long as a response is required (and it is by design) those cards can theoretically never be blocked on the dsi.

this card appears to have that same behavior (based on what the team said) but i haven't poked around much and i do not know for sure.

-another world

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mbmax said:
Evo.lve said:
Mbmax said:
There is something i found funny on their website, it's this :
hyperr4i.png
amazekard.png

The green power is now converted into red power.
tongue.gif
the fuck?

I just found funny that the webmaster stole the picture of the hyper r4i for their amazekard.
happy.gif
I was referring to the picture.

[edit]
Also, AW, this might be referring to the "functions the same way as the R4iGold" thing:
Amazekard Downloads Page
(please don't use the 3DS console to upgrade,or it will burn the r4i gold card.)

http://www.amazekard.com/html/DownList.asp
[/edit]

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this cart makes no attempt to hide the fact that they copy a lot of stuff from clones

1. the sticker on the cart is nothing more than a R4 with amazekard on there and painted red
2. the OS just screams, "look at me I'm a CLONE".
3. the box they packaged this thing in is a clone of Acekard
4. they even cloned R4 clone's website

This cart just reminds of of those cheap knockoffs like fake IPODS, or fake Wii

buying an amazekard is like buying one of these
2948261115_1d39907ab2.jpg

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
but apparently ywg is rather jaded after the whole source discussion. so you can blame the community here at gbatemp for his current lack of interest in supporting other flash kits.
If there weren't requests to remove or get the source for the ports (like WoodTT) there wouldn't be a problem as far as I'm concerned (I really wouldn't give a fuck as it wouldn't be a mag staff problem).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
poking around it seems they use the wood firmware in their source. ywg is probably aware of this and that is why he didn't respond to their request to have wood ported to their flash kit. so my comment about blaming the community was typed a bit to soon, sorry community! =P

-another world

D

Deleted_171835

I actually own an Amazekard. I was given a sample by the flashcart team to review.

I'm still in the process of reviewing it. It's not that bad of a card, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab