Gaming Amazing game?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not played the royal edition (although the additions do not seem to be anything major) but yeah I put some serious time in on the 360 and prattled on about it http://gbatemp.net/topic/263980-twoworldsiipalxbox360-complex/ . To be fair though I am a sucker for open world western RPGs and although this was a good one I will overlook a lot when I decide to play one so a pinch of salt with any of my gushings on the subject.
On the flip side the 360 has been a tiny bit lacking for them vs say the late 90s and early 2000s on the PC (elder scrolls and possibly fallout aside you are pretty much looking at Risen and maybe Divinity II (both of which, like this, are a bit flawed but worth having played) for other examples of the subgenre (although there are several other great RPGs with slightly different mechanics/gameplay styles if all you want is a good RPG).

Whether I remember it in ten years is debatable but I will remember it in three.

All this being said after Skyrim you will be waiting until Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in February before another game potentially like it comes along.

Reactions: 1 person

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What FAST6191 said. I think that this is a very niche game as it will not be for everyone since there are a few flaws that can make it a bit polarising. That said, it is a vast improvement over the first game and its not totally without merit. Give it a try on the cheap but dont expect it to be a perfect game. I would wait for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I saw a video by GameInformer which really sold me on the game. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/10/03/reiner-and-phil-play-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning.aspx

z0m813.cl0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow thanks you two! I am definitely going to try it, and after reading a few reviews and reading what you two mentioned about the flaws of the game, I am not going to except a game extremely close to the likes Oblivion or Fallout which are to be considered the masters of RPG's, instead I will try it and not think as much of it as I do with other RPG games. Either way I will have to try to save my money over the Christmas period to try out Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but until then I will get my hands on a copy of Two Worlds II and maybe even Risen and Divinity II - asl ong as they are on the 360 as I presume they are! :nayps3: One final thought - PS3 Sucks...

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried playing the first Two Worlds game and found it unbearable. It just felt so awkward and poorly made.
Perhaps I've been spoiled by Bethesda though, because I hated Risen and Gothic 4 too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@spiritofcat the first game was rightfully panned as an incomplete mess but this was actually pretty polished and playable.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First game had loading issues but I found it fun.
The voice acting and writing was HILARIOUS.

Second game, you're batman (really, for the first two hours the main character pretends he's batman when he talks).
It's fun too. I enjoy later game when I was in gigantic paladin armor with a massive polearm. I disliked the lack of freedom of choice though. I had to peacefully resolve too many things instead of killing everyone and anyone I want.
But of course, I have a god complex in western RPGs, so maybe i'm a little biased.

Lots to do. Lots to see.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to be much better than the first game, but that isn't really saying much. From what I've heard, it is just alright; not bad, but nothing too special.

If you really want an open world fantasy rpg, you will probably be better off just saving for Skyrim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn internets dragging like a dogs ass +1