Amazon is working on a Fallout TV series, to be produced by the team behind Westworld

JK5jwXZ.png

You'll soon be able to experience Fallout, not by just playing it, but by watching it, as Amazon is working on a television show based on the franchise. Following upon previous video game TV adaptations such as Netflix's The Witcher, Amazon and Bethesda have teamed up to create a series, which is to be produced by Kilter Films, known for their work on the television show Westworld. Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan will be behind the production, while Bethesda's Todd Howard will be involved with the show as well, which will be available exclusively on Amazon's streaming service.

"Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time. Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we're incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios,” said Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan, Kilter Films.

:arrow: Source

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I for one am in a nice mood today :lol:, so am gonna reserve judgement - I mean, if I was dead I'd have turned in my grave at the announcement of The Witcher series (or something) ...but that turned out, somewhat ok! ..And as one who's read up a little on the Fallout lore, it might be interesting!

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of ironic considering a few years ago IIRC Westworld copied Fallout Shelter yeah? I know two separate divisions and what not but still kind of weird

Reactions: Shadowfied

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's awesome to hear that it's in the works. Sadly, it's also on Amazon, so...

Sorry Todd, sorry Jeff - I already have Netflix. You know what that means... :ph34r:

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really liked amazon show "The boys", I believe they have enough of resources and talent writers to produce a decent TV show.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever. I've already lost faith in Bethesda to make the Fallout series interesting again. I doubt Amazon can make something worse than Fallout 76's shit show.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever. I've already lost faith in Bethesda to make the Fallout series interesting again. I doubt Amazon can make something worse than Fallout 76's shit show.
In before PG13 generic blank slate good guy that woke up in a vault with no knowledge of the current setup but knows how it all works vs some unambiguous pantomime bad guys (and only one homogenous faction of them) dragged out for 13/23 episodes (including a few in a single location to save budget) before "it was all a dream"/"but a vision of a possible future", all with some utterly ham fisted message or mash up of 50 (save the gay whales mirelurks from being nuked by impoverished countries ruled by dictators or something, and yes a (strong independent) tiny teenage girl can go hand to hand with power armour encased super mutant as in this universe the Brotherhood of Steel and super mutants teamed up).

PogChampion369

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the mega corporation is making a series that is super anti capitalist??? Bethesda is really a parody of itself, Amazon is just a joke

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the mega corporation is making a series that is super anti capitalist??? Bethesda is really a parody of itself, Amazon is just a joke
Is Fallout anti capitalist?

I have not played the most of 2 (granted 1 and 2 might as well be a different franchise compared to 3 and beyond) but have a reasonable grounding in the rest at this point.
I struggle to think of anything that would back that up in either the narratives, mechanics, lore, world at large, factions within it or anything else, never mind something pervasive in all of that.
There have been nominally communist factions portrayed within it (see battle of anchorage) and they were hardly all downtrodden sweetness and light.

The caps money system underpins quite a lot of the game, positive outcomes happen playing within it, getting loads of money does not tend to make the game harder to do. You get a few factions working towards the greater good that are less concerned with money but
Wild excesses, not doing the job you are hired to do, sacrificing lives to get caps and the like might be criticised either in other factions, NPCs, karma and the like but I would say that is more humanist than anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...