Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't heard of AMD's FSR before, it's basically their version of DLSS. This should allow for higher graphics quality settings while still pushing 60 FPS on the Deck, or allow you to output to higher resolution displays with minimal performance impact.

https://www.pcgamer.com/valves-steam-deck-now-comes-with-amd-fsr-upscaling-as-standard-on-any-game/

God of War is now Deck Verified, which speaks to positive things to come for other new releases and graphically-demanding titles.

https://steamdb.info/app/1593500/history/?changeid=13834620

Reactions: onibaku

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I checked the verified list today, noticed that there were many more titles but I must've missed seeing God of War, that's great news :D

Reactions: Xzi

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm. Be nice if they could bake FSR into Steam itself via the overlay so anybody could use it. There are ways to inject FSR into any game right now but the results are mixed.
FSR might be good for certain games on the Deck. But the screen is already 720p, and you don't really want to go any lower than that. But it still beats setting the game to a lower resolution if it just won't run at playable framerates at 720p. Plus, a lot of games probably don't let you set the resolution lower than 720p anyway, and even if they do, the UI/HUD might not fit well.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Be nice if they could bake FSR into Steam itself via the overlay so anybody could use it. There are ways to inject FSR into any game right now but the results are mixed.
FSR might be good for certain games on the Deck. But the screen is already 720p, and you don't really want to go any lower than that. But it still beats setting the game to a lower resolution if it just won't run at playable framerates at 720p. Plus, a lot of games probably don't let you set the resolution lower than 720p anyway, and even if they do, the UI/HUD might not fit well.
Deck's screen is actually 800p, but true. It would be more of a niche use case for those that prefer higher graphics settings over a higher (native) base resolution. More useful will be upscaling 800p to 1080p or even 1440p on an external display.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just wanted to add that Horizon Zero Dawn is also verified :D

I also saw a new video of Cyberpunk 2077 running on Steam Deck. Seemed to run well but I couldn't confirm if it was a stream. I don't think it was based on the graphics but who knows. It was also showing indoor footage so it's likely that it doesnt perform that well during gunfights or in the open world.

There's also a video on the TDP options, enabling FSR. Oh boy, I'm excited for this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: