Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Foxi4 said:
Necron N.N said:
Foxi4 said:
I wonder how good are going to be the online capabilities
tpi.gif

They'll be "$1,65 per minute plus tax" good.

So, the average person will be paying about $0.15 plus tax?
tpi.gif
Why buy a SeXbox when you can just download this:
4516875490_6d5e59ffe7_o.jpg
tpi.gif

...uh-oh, I smell EoF.

dobbelsteen1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MM would be nice ... but I dont know. The price ........ I want to buy a console because I want grapics and i cant afford a pc ( just bought a new one btw) . But we will see !!!

( hope the new halo will come out on the 360)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Meh, doesn't matter what the next xbox does, the PS4 will end up doing much more anyway. The PC will end up doing more than the PS4 like 2 weeks after its release.

So PC>PS4>Xbox

u do realize that the number 4 is bad luck in Japan, don't u? the pronunciation of the number four is synonymous with the word for death. considering that many, if not most, Japanese r superstitious about such things, naming a system ps4 would almost ensure a total failure in Japan.

as much as I hate microsoft for their poor excuses for hardware, I hate sony much more for treating their customers like stupid idiots. for that reason alone, that company should burn. and, I'd be the first to toast a marshmallow on the ashes of such pathetic, trash.

I would also like to say this about both companies: based on my experience, the more a company is the worth the worst the quality of the product. the reason y both companies r worth so much is: they released a product that quickly became popular (sony=walkman; microsoft=windows). soon after, they decided to release one product after another cutting corners wherever they could hoping the public wouldn't notice. unfortunately, the vast majority of the public is so ignorant that they believed if a company was well-known it must be good. this is no longer true of either company--especially sony! the fact that they can't come up with an original idea says a lot about the competence, or lack there of, of the management and staff of the company. as I said before, sony should just change their name to xerox since they copy everything.

btw, was it my imagine or was Jack Tretton fatter at E3??? can that pathetic sloth do nothing??? he is basically being paid to sit on his fat @ss and eat! a man with no talents controlling such a powerful company...but I suppose it's not surprising considering that sony has even become a laughing stock in asia. five or six years ago, Samsung was worth less than sony. today, they r worth almost 3 times more. how truly sad that such a company could make so many bad decisions in so short a time...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
u do realize that the number 4 is bad luck in Japan, don't u? the pronunciation of the number four is synonymous with the word for death. considering that many, if not most, Japanese r superstitious about such things, naming a system ps4 would almost ensure a total failure in Japan.

There are plenty of games that use the number "4" in their title (SSFIV, FFIV, etc) that are highly popular in Japan. This won't be another Chevy Nova.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if it's unveiled in 2112 it'll come out sometime in 2113. I seriously doubt even AMD really knows what the XBOX will be capable of this early in development. I take any claims made at this point with a grain of salt. That statement of Avatar-like" visuals might mean only game cut scenes for instance.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
Meh, doesn't matter what the next xbox does, the PS4 will end up doing much more anyway. The PC will end up doing more than the PS4 like 2 weeks after its release.

So PC>PS4>Xbox

And the PC will still be getting shitty console ports and little else, thanks to the small userbase.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
godreborn said:

There are plenty of games that use the number "4" in their title (SSFIV, FFIV, etc) that are highly popular in Japan. This won't be another Chevy Nova.

Heh, we tell that urban legend in the UK about the Vauxhall Nova too

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a game is not a game console. besides, the playstation 3 is not selling that well in Japan anyway. as cellphone games become more and more popular in Japan, home consoles will eventually be a thing of the past.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point. I have a PS3 and a Wii and I generally play more Wii games than PS3 games. It's the same thing regarding my PSP to my DS. All the extra power is good for is homebrew and emulators, which next gen consoles will do their best to keep from happening via DRM and encryption.

It will be the same thing as this time, boost about superior graphics, make a beautiful (maybe?) game with crappy controls, a heinous interface, and the same recycled crap, when it doesn't sell -- blame the pirates, even if the systems security hasn't been breached. If the share holders question this logic, make a quick dirty port to the PC and then blame the pirates. All ports from consoles to PC are to be done horribly by a staff that didn't make the original game. Also they will add several layers of DRM that encumber legitimate buyers, leading to piracy.

Rinse repeat.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
[tn=200]http://gbatemp.net/news/Xbox-Logo.jpg[/tn]​

According to AMD, the next Xbox will be capable of visuals like James Cameron's megahit Avatar.

While this could be taken with a grain of salt, AMD is rumored to be developing the graphics tech behind the latest Xbox, so this may be a bit more reliable than your average shot-in-the-dark estimations.

Speaking in the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine, AMD also said that the console will be able to have major overhauls to game AI and physics.

Neal Robinson, director of ISV for AMD, also went on to say that in open world sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto V and Saint's Row The Third, that developers will be able to create individual mentality for every pedestrian in the game, which seems to be quite an achievement for such large games. Crowds in these games are also said to be able to act as a bunch of individuals and not just as a mob.

There have been multiple rumors concerning Microsoft's newest gaming console, but the biggest one seems to have it rumored at a E3 2012 reveal.

What do you think? Can the new Xbox be truly this powerful? If it's true, do you think the abilities for radical change in AI and physics will be a major shift in gaming? Tell us what you think![/p]

icon11.gif
 Source

Well I am a Nintend and Xbox fan but hasn't both Sony and Microsoft already confirmed that their new systems would only be like 10% more powerful then their predecessors? I'm pretty sure they did which would make Wii U the most powerful next-gen system as Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U is 50% more powerful then current generation games. So I would think Wii U if anything would be more likely to get close to Avatar like graphics then Xbox 720 or PS4. Then again who care, I wanna see some games and game play, what are the games gonna be like? cause on any next-gen system the games are gonna be epicly mind blowing in both graphics and game play, of course will have your occasional bad egg or to...lol

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
Guild McCommunist said:
[tn=200]http://gbatemp.net/news/Xbox-Logo.jpg[/tn]​

According to AMD, the next Xbox will be capable of visuals like James Cameron's megahit Avatar.

While this could be taken with a grain of salt, AMD is rumored to be developing the graphics tech behind the latest Xbox, so this may be a bit more reliable than your average shot-in-the-dark estimations.

Speaking in the latest issue of Official Xbox Magazine, AMD also said that the console will be able to have major overhauls to game AI and physics.

Neal Robinson, director of ISV for AMD, also went on to say that in open world sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto V and Saint's Row The Third, that developers will be able to create individual mentality for every pedestrian in the game, which seems to be quite an achievement for such large games. Crowds in these games are also said to be able to act as a bunch of individuals and not just as a mob.

There have been multiple rumors concerning Microsoft's newest gaming console, but the biggest one seems to have it rumored at a E3 2012 reveal.

What do you think? Can the new Xbox be truly this powerful? If it's true, do you think the abilities for radical change in AI and physics will be a major shift in gaming? Tell us what you think![/p]

icon11.gif
 Source

Well I am a Nintend and Xbox fan but hasn't both Sony and Microsoft already confirmed that their new systems would only be like 10% more powerful then their predecessors? I'm pretty sure they did which would make Wii U the most powerful next-gen system as Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U is 50% more powerful then current generation games. So I would think Wii U if anything would be more likely to get close to Avatar like graphics then Xbox 720 or PS4. Then again who care, I wanna see some games and game play, what are the games gonna be like? cause on any next-gen system the games are gonna be epicly mind blowing in both graphics and game play, of course will have your occasional bad egg or to...lol

I think they said 10x, not 10%.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Centrix said:
well either way Nintnedo's Wii U would still be the more powerful system! 10x is still a small amount compared to 50x.
What the hell are you talking about?
Who said WiiU is 50x times more powerful than this gen?

And why quote the whole friggin article :/

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
well either way Nintnedo's Wii U would still be the more powerful system! 10x is still a small amount compared to 50x.

You really need to learn some math.

10% more is equal to multiplying a value by 1.1
50% more is equal to multiplying a value by 1.5
10x more is equal to multiplying a value by 10

10% does not equal 10x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine