• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Americans. Don't ignore the 1099k form on your taxes this year.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You may get a form with your taxes this/next year called a 1099k. In it Paypal, venmo, ebay et al will have dobbed you in if you had transactions coming in above $600 USD (rather lower than many transactions totalling north of 20000 USD of years past).
It does not apply to things you sold at a loss (resell some old furniture for less than you paid for instance), personal transfers (you paid for rooms in a hotel for you and your friends and they paid you back, or if you go to fancier restaurants than I with bigger parties than I then it gets up there as well) and the like but if your payer does not reflect this (assuming it was even an option at the time, not all will have had it) you have a problem. You either sort it by contacting the payment provider and getting them to amend it, or have an explanation which in turn means paper filing as opposed to electronic (very slow these days, even more so in light of this change).
Might also make using personal transfer options on paypal to dodge fees that little bit more annoying to be legit about.

If you buy and flip games, computers, sell artwork/items you create, buy and flip from yard sales/house clearances/estate sales, fix/mod things to sell on (vehicles being very much within this remit) and such like, all of which I have had many conversations with people around here that do it routinely as a minor side hustle (US laws and regs around when and how you should file such things as a self employed business being quite bizarre to me), then be very aware of this one.

Failure to do so or ignoring the form may well see you audited which is almost never a good thing, will probably delay any tax refunds (personally I prefer not to give the government interest free loans but you do you/it is made easier if you do overpay in some cases -- why remove the boot when it gets you an interest free loan) or have knock on effects for various kind of payments you get from the government (what gets troubled here varies but if you are expecting payments from them to balance your budget then best not to chance it).

Video covering some other things and more on it in general

• Sad
Reactions: zfreeman and Wolfy

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eBay already gave me the heads up when I sold my Steam Deck, had gotten a new laptop because I didn't know if or when I'd even get a Deck so I opted for that instead, only to get a confirmation not long after. Only now are they starting new crap and of course it had to happen when I decide to sell something finally. :(

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eBay already gave me the heads up when I sold my Steam Deck, had gotten a new laptop because I didn't know if or when I'd even get a Deck so I opted for that instead, only to get a confirmation not long after. Only now are they starting new crap and of course it had to happen when I decide to sell something finally. :(
This has been in the pipeline before the Steam Deck was announced, though how much of the media bothered to report it back then is beyond me; I just know I've known for about a year now. What they were trying to do in the 80's was tax people who had garage sales. I am pretty sure it was not successful in any of the states, but back when Ebay began to grow, and we had other alternatives like Classifieds 2000 and the like, talk emerged that it was only a time before they began to tax that too. Of course all of this kind of began when they began to tax you every time a used car was sold, resold, and so on. This is the FREE market the establishment speaks of. Monitored and Policed.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Replacing that senile old man with Trump is not the answer.
Yeah whatever small amount I have to pay in additional taxes for this sucks, but not as much as my taxes being raised in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027. If you're making under $75,000 a year, you're in the exact same boat. Trump's tax breaks are only permanent for the wealthy.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently you don't.
FJB.

Is he a shit president? Definitely. But the people need to realize and break from being followers/supporters of the left or right political party, sadly, it doesn't seem like that'll happen.

The answer is not as easy as Yes or No, or Dem or Rep.

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the people them selves have to do the dirty work, not the politicians, but the people just go along with things and at the very most, complain about it rather than practicing non-violent non-participation.

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking back waaaayyy before you as well as my time. So much has transpired over the course of the 20th century, one being the mandating of education and putting it in the hands of the state and influence of philanthropist money, which is then used to mandate a particular culture or cultures that keep the masses "in line" and supportive of the Establishment and it's primary, most far reaching agendas, most of which did not begin to yield fruit until the last couple of years . The 2nd was accepting the Federal Reserve and giving it full control. The third was accepting all that debt money from the World bank, during and since World War I so we could have "nice things" and needlesss things faster and distracted and encouraged us to forget where we came from, why we lived as we once lived, held the values we held, to forget the American dream and individual sovereignty and privacy. Next was the fact that America the free turned into America the monitored, America the Empire, America the war machine for international elites. Next was the birth certificates and social security cards, next it will be digital currency and under the skin surveillance. Of course we have allowed Hollywood, Radio, Magazines, and those who control the satellites over ride our unique cultures and traditions, which along with the hijacked and mandatory education, served to assimilate us all to the point where many of us have no clue as to why the original Americans would hate our guts, Republican, Wig, Democrat or what ever. Well actually Democrats have never been about the original American dream.
I could go on endlessly. We are cutting away at branches and neglecting the root.

Last edited by EldritchPenumbra,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course we have allowed Hollywood, Radio, Magazines, and those who control the satellites over ride our unique cultures and traditions, which along with the hijacked and mandatory education, served to assimilate us all to the point where many of us have no clue as to why the original Americans would hate our guts, Republican or Democrat.
Bruh, "the original Americans" owned slaves. The forward march of time is inevitable, but progress is not guaranteed unless we fight for it. There's not much point in ruminating on the past or the possibility of alternate timelines when there's still so much to be done in the here and now.

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh, "the original Americans" owned slaves. The forward march of time is inevitable, but progress is not guaranteed unless we fight for it. There's not much point in ruminating on the past or the possibility of alternate timelines when there's still so much to be done in the here and now.

No shit sherlock, slavery still exists, we are using the gadgets created from it right now. Besides in some cases slavery is a form of job security. Not all slave owners were slave drivers. Duh. That was not my point, and NOTHING that I am talking about that has transpired was progress, but rather a temporary buy me out until the Elite could reach their goal. Boomers and all generations afterwards have merely been paid off and distracted by entertainment, sex, and all forms of distractive non-sense that should have no priority in any sane culture. And now that that the Elite have reached their means, they are going to start treating us like the slaves we really are. Watch. And if you are too blind to realize it, then you deserve the slavery that is coming to you.
Post automatically merged:

• Wow
Reactions: Megadriver94

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Boomers and all generations afterwards have merely been paid off and distracted by entertainment, sex, and all forms of distractive non-sense that should have no priority in any sane culture.
Pretty sure sex has been a cornerstone of every human culture, lol.

And now that that the Elite have reached their means, they are going to start treating us like the slaves we really are. Watch. And if you are too blind to realize it, then you deserve the slavery that is coming to you.
That just sounds like an overly obtuse description of capitalism. There's not going to be any sudden change in the way the system operates, as it's all about slow-boiling the frog.

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure sex has been a cornerstone of every human culture, lol.

That just sounds like an overly obtuse description of capitalism. There's not going to be any sudden change in the way the system operates, as it's all about slow-boiling the frog.
I'm talking to a fucking pod person. I should have taken the use of the word "bruh" to discern the fact that you have no understanding of anything I am saying at all, nor do you have an understanding of history, and therefore the present. If you did have understanding, then you would know that what we call Capitalism and what we call Communism do not stand for what their names apply, first and foremost. They are akin with the term "Patriot Act" or "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Secondly you would know that the same old money that backed the Communists.Marxists, etc. was the very same money that backed the Industrialists and Capitalists.
Should you ever grow older, wise, more patient, and less presumptive and proud (the conditioned trappings encouraged in our generations), then take the time to read prior lead librarian of the Library of Congress, James H. Billington's , Fire in the Minds of Men: Origins of the Revolutionary Faith. The masses get crappy school text books full of carefully crafted narratives rather than the whole truth, along with Hollywood's Root, Shindler's List, and Marvel movies to understand our selves and the past. The elite in Harvard, Yale, and the like, study James Billington. After all, if they are going to school to rule the rest of us, they need to understand how history really went down. And trust me, you don't become head librarian of the Library of Congress for your being your average dumb American with no understanding, but thinking they know it all.

Reactions: Megadriver94

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I should have taken the use of the word "bruh" to discern the fact that you have no understanding of anything I am saying at all, nor do you have an understanding of history, and therefore the present.
As if anything you've said has been at all revelatory. We both recognize who holds the reigns of power in the modern age, the only difference between us in that regard is your defeatist attitude toward the past and present. Also your framing of everything through a religious lens.

Seems like a surprisingly good recommendation. Worth adding to my list.

After all, if they are going to school to rule the rest of us, they need to understand how history really went down.
Definitely giving some of them too much credit. A lot of our ruling class snorted their way through the entirety of their college years. On the flip side, your recommendation is sure to be required reading in certain classes for a number of state colleges.

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As if anything you've said has been at all revelatory. We both recognize who holds the reigns of power in the modern age, the only difference between us in that regard is your defeatist attitude toward the past and present. Also your framing of everything through a religious lens.

Seems like a surprisingly good recommendation. Worth adding to my list.

Definitely giving some of them too much credit. A lot of our ruling class snorted their way through the entirety of their college years. On the flip side, your recommendation is sure to be required reading in certain classes for a number of state colleges.
1 I didn't mention Religion, though I also don't know what the difference is between religion as an atheist perceives it, and an ideology. If one is to separate religion from state should they also not detach ideology?!? I presume you are atheist or agnostic (non-gnostic) simply because you clearly are making the connection that the presence of religion therefore equals error, falsehood, or deceit. Meanwhile you trust what material scientists say are the random chemicals in your brain to tell you the truth. With that in mind, The Creator who's eternal and infinite power I can see reflected within the order of the created, can not be usurped by the created, and I don't trust material scientists to be entirely free of human error, nor do I believe the computers they created to be flawless either, so no, I don't feel defeated. I am just saying that man kind is going to fail, they are not going to save the world, and I fear they are too ignorant to even postpone the inevitable suffering that the ignorance of the few can bring upon us all. I also fear that the masses will welcome it, like a toxic product that is marketed to make you believe it will make you healthier, give you whiter, straighter teeth, a six pack, bigger dick, longer lasting orgasms, and extended life span.

2 It is a book worth adding to your list. It is worth prioritizing, and if you knew me, it would come as no surprise that I suggested it, though you are just being an ass, so of course you are going to type that. :)

3 Not everyone who attends the Elite schools are elite them selves, so naturally I speak of those who are expected to know their history because they have special purpose in the scheme of things. The rest are useful idiots. Puppets with strings need not know such things.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol