Hacking Suggestion An idea for a potential sleep mode fix for 5.x and 4.x

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So i was just looking at the latest build of Hekate IPL CTCaer mod, and I came up with an idea that could potentially work. Recently, the creator added a feature in which the switch backlight stays on to remind you to shut it all the way down. But if he has the power to leave the light on, can he potentially rerun the code that was ran in the beginning? Once it goes into sleep mode, just make it so that it boots back into hekate. Thus, even though it's not true sleep mode, you won't accidentally shut your switch off.

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I wonder if he never thought of that. Instead of a userspace light, I should use a privileged system function to force the kernel (not userspace) to use a sleep function that is intrinsically broken.

Genius.

Reactions: PleaseSendHelp

PleaseSendHelp

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
What if you let Jiggly puff sing, Maybe the the switch will go into sleep mode,

Whoa.. This just got real. Time to boot Atmosphere and ill let you know. If you guys want to boot atmosphere let me know, ill help you modify your NAND with dd . Just gotta do it once, then never worry about atmosphere booting again. No PMs

PleaseSendHelp

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
He might know about programming but he doesn't have the common sense to be polite to people hence the reason he's suspended.
Haha. He never mentioned he was a programmer btw, but ill help that thom guy with booting atmosphere.

have to be really smart like thom because we have to modify the mmcblk0 with dd if=/dev/null

Oops i gave out the secret to not having to worry about atmosphere not booting issues

Last edited by PleaseSendHelp,

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
he didn't but average user doesn't use the words userspace, function and kernel all in 1 sentence.
A tech savy user don't necesary is a programmer, but i think we all get your point.

By the way in answer to the OP:
Good job suggesting this, but i think it whould be better to wait SciresM and the guys working in atmosphere to just fixing it totally, Atmosphere seem nearly finished, and doing a half-fix whould just be a bit useless at this point.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Everybody coming here tells to wait for atmosphere
We don't need hekate when atmosphere comes so shut up and let us fix hekate till atmosphere comes.
The thing is that if atmosphere where going to be relased 2 or 3 months after this day, it whould be okay to try to fix this for hekate, but it seems that atmosphere is going to be relased in 13 days, the 15 of june, maybe it is delayed a week or two, but not big deal.
at this point of time, there is no really point on fixing that.
Whit a bit of luck, when Scires or other gets to fix this for atmosphere, it is posted on the github and it can be added to hekate for the last week of wait or something.

D

Deleted User

The thing is that if atmosphere where going to be relased 2 or 3 months after this day, it whould be okay to try to fix this for hekate, but it seems that atmosphere is going to be relased in 13 days, the 15 of june, maybe it is delayed a week or two, but not big deal.
at this point of time, there is no really point on fixing that.
Whit a bit of luck, when Scires or other gets to fix this for atmosphere, it is posted on the github and it can be added to hekate for the last week of wait or something.
Yesterday someone asked in ReSwitched group if it will be released and they said no
I think it would be very cool if we fix hekate's sleep mode .

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scires already said that sleep works with the build of atmosphere that he is working with. the build version thats bundled in the Hekate payload we use is borked.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scires already said that sleep works with the build of atmosphere that he is working with. the build version thats bundled in the Hekate payload we use is borked.

I know nobody has thought about this before, but wouldn't it be a good idea if it worked, right?

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know nobody has thought about this before, but wouldn't it be a good idea if it worked, right?
I have noticed though is if you have the homebrew menu open left open sometimes the switch will sleep perfectly fine

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a source? Was that before or after he made this tweet?

Reactions: Red1Reaper

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh wow, I wonder if he never thought of that. Instead of a userspace light, I should use a privileged system function to force the kernel (not userspace) to use a sleep function that is intrinsically broken.

Genius.
Thankfully we have your superior intellect among us!

Fucking dick

Reactions: Darth Meteos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I don't drink much when i goto bar, cause I driving, or if/when I do, ill take a uber/cab home. But I'm working on it now tho I'm home, beer n whiskey shots today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's afraid he might wake up next to ancientboi the next day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a "Scared Straight" moment that would be.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't think we belive any of your stories