An idea to make the new release topics......

Arm73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well it's not a secret ( I rant about it all the time ) that I've been frustrated by release topics getting spammed with newbies asking for the usually " does it work on card X " or " Any fixes yet for my outdated card no more supported by an official team ( insert your choice here ) ".
It started long ago, even with Wii releases and it's getting worse by the day as newer games get stronger APs.
I' ve been a loyal temper for years, and even though I don't have thousands of posts under my belt, I've been lurking and reading a lot on and off and I never really left.
I see the releases topics as a nice database, the DS has been out for quite a few years and every once in a while I like to re-read those topics to discover games that I might have missed, or prequels to some newer ones that somehow managed to slip under my radar when they first came out simply for lack of time.
Since I don't trust professional game reviews, it's very nice to go back and read what everybody that had the chance to play the game had to say about it, and the over all impression that it left.
But boy, today I just decided to check the Japanese Chrono Trigger release topic , and I found 1396 mostly useless posts about fixes and such. That's 1396 posts !
I'm sure somewhere in there somebody had some useful remarks about the game and how well was it ported( that's what I was hoping for ), but I just got lost in the sea of the " does it work on XX...".
I felt extremely disappointed, and I decided to check another site for the info I was looking for.

I know much has been said about it,and some time ago we also had colored tabs next to the release which people were supposed to check and get compatibility info on the fly, but never the less I thought about yet another solution.
Namely as you know we have three tabs under the released game, and they are " Discussion - Details - View NFO "
Now I would love for the Discussion tab to be just that, a discussion about the game, good or bad.
But if there would be another tab next to it, called by example " Compatibility ", which interested people could click on and post about all the compatibility issues and fixes, then the main discussion area would be free and we could actually talk about the game itself, making it for a much cleaner reading experience.
It would then look like " Discussion - Compatibility - Details - View NFO "
Of course who ever newbie would post stupid compatibility question in the discussion section...should be immediately banned !
That's how I feel about it.
I'm not too sure if that would be feasible, basically you add a tab and split the topic in two ( the amount of the combined posts would remain roughly the same I think ), or if the board can be set up with a link that way, but if it could be done, it would be fantastic.
I even volunteer to filter all the older posts if necessary and split them accordingly to suit the new lay out !
So what do you think ?

Could it be done ?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea, I would certainly like to see it implemented just to give it a try. Maybe have a Hints/Cheat part too.

Saying that most people post in the wrong sections so they probably will here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land