Hacking An interesting rumor about the 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
have someone with jap system to prove it to confirm.erase all will be on are flash carts too with best programming we have it will work. email someone with jap system to prove it wont work get video thanks.

You got something against Japanese people? I find that offensive.
mad.gif

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
have someone with jap system to prove it to confirm.erase all will be on are flash carts too with best programming we have it will work. email someone with jap system to prove it wont work get video thanks.

Wait, are you telling me to do that, or just stating a way to test your theory? It's hard to tell.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isaac_GS said:
lompoc said:

Wait, are you telling me to do that, or just stating a way to test your theory? It's hard to tell.

What he's doing is being a stupid fucking racist troll. After being called a bloody jap that only cares about himself in school, I take that word very personally. That post better be gone or edited when I get back.

Tai Le Ree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Tai Le Ree said:
I hope they do this to action replays as well.
Action replays are killing the online gaming on the ds so bricking cheaters as well would be funny.
Because everyone is cheating and bricking 3DS' for using action replay is right.
mellow.gif

When someone somehow play action replay on your 3ds and it brick, remember
that is what you wanted to happen.
You seem to be implying I'll share my 3ds.
That would never happen.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:

This right here shows us why our schools are failing us. This post may as well be in some foreign language other then English for how much sense it makes.

And btw, the correct abbreviation is "JPN"

jaredlivingstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ryukouki said:
Isaac_GS said:
lompoc said:

What he's doing is being a stupid fucking racist troll. After being called a bloody jap that only cares about himself in school, I take that word very personally. That post better be gone or edited when I get back.

Haha seems unlikely. Stop being so sensitive. He's not trying to offend anyone. He's just using jap as short for japanese while referring to the 3DS.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Relax, it might just as well be some kind of shorthand, one that is slightly more intuitive to write than JPN or even JP. A simple J would be shorter, as easy to write and less ambiguous though.

The Phantom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty silly rumor. No company is going to remotely brick systems. Nintendo's goal is to turn pirates into loyal customers not alienate a large segment of their customer base. As far as resale that would also be silly. What's keeping people from using ebay? Not only does this seem unlikely but it's just a rumor with no sources cited.

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for all japanese. jap as short for japanese like he said . im not raciest.....just cant spell words so i shorten them sorry if you took it wrong..

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tai Le Ree said:
KingVamp said:
Tai Le Ree said:
I hope they do this to action replays as well.
Action replays are killing the online gaming on the ds so bricking cheaters as well would be funny.
Because everyone is cheating and bricking 3DS' for using action replay is right.
mellow.gif

When someone somehow play action replay on your 3ds and it brick, remember
that is what you wanted to happen.
You seem to be implying I'll share my 3ds.
That would never happen.
Take it without you knowing.

But for the may point it just isn't right.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they may not be able to check if its a flashcart in the begining but what about the running?
the system could, in therory, notice that the game that is running is not the game that loaded and log it secretly
homebrew would be no problem
roms would break the system

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
they may not be able to check if its a flashcart in the begining but what about the running?
the system could, in therory, notice that the game that is running is not the game that loaded and log it secretly
Homebrew would be a problem... it still wouldn't be the game the cart presented to the 3DS.

However there's no way to detect what game is running, this won't work for various technical reasons I can't be bothered to get into.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
bigpaws said:
Homebrew would be a problem... it still wouldn't be the game the cart presented to the 3DS.

However there's no way to detect what game is running, this won't work for various technical reasons I can't be bothered to get into.
If a flashcart did get detect, wouldn't it stop working at that point?

Like in the middle of your game or even searching for a file?

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
the thing is though is fair use, does nintendo have the right to say you can't do this to you system that you spent money to buy, I think nintendo will not be doing this, though they may send a bricking update is sony beats geohot cause then they can play that card and would win any court case made against them

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
If a flashcart did get detect, wouldn't it stop working at that point?

Like in the middle of your game or even searching for a file?
Fuck if I know, I'm convinced they can't do it that way anyways. Remember that DS games cannot be modified, so unless something was put in them YEARS ago there's no legit check. If there was they would have used it before now, and even if there it it's in RAM or ROM and can thus be faked.

It's not even a point of discussion because it's a "no" all around.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lets think
if at any point the header of the game running changes, it should know right?
that could be patched maybe
but i think that small things in roms can be checked for

fancysky016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
QUOTE said:
GoNintendo:
Here's an interesting bunch of rumors for you guys. While we already know that various flash carts work on the 3DS when playing DS games, it seems like that might have been planned from the beginning. Rumor has it that the 3DS can actually keep a log of activity that will make note of whether a flash cart was used or not. Furthermore, retailers will be able to check this log, and if they see pirate activity they will not be able to do a trade-in.

That's not even the worst part. We're also hearing that the 3DS will see an update that will block the system from booting up if you've used a flash cart. In other words, if you're playing a pirated game, Nintendo could send out an update that kills your system! Finding a workaround for that might be a bit tough, and quite bothersome as well.

Finally, the last rumored update is one that pertains to curse words on the 3DS. As you know, the system currently accepts curse words and other dirty language when it comes to naming things on the 3DS. It seems that an update is on the way to squash that kind of activity. Thanks to Ruf for the heads up!
Most likely BS, but I can wait a couple of months just to be certain.

i am holding till we have some flashcards for 3ds games instead of normal ds games...

then we will seee.

grimtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
We do not discuss product security details (for obvious reasons), nor can we discuss the details of countermeasures available in the Nintendo 3DS system. Nintendo 3DS has the most up-to-date technology. The security has been designed to protect both the creative works in the software and to protect the Nintendo 3DS hardware system itself.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-...-flash-cart-use

Nintendo has responded to the rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/5zE3H65IDtM?si=cIVsTaWar9HofeR7 +1