Hacking Animal Crossing City Folk Update

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic88 said:
so wait curious is the animal crossing update required for wii speak to work?
i havent tested my wiispeak mic yet, but im curious if the update is needed, and if it is, is there a workaround so i can use it?

supposedly you can definitely HEAR without it (ie: running through GeckoOS you can hear others) but the general theory is you can't talk without IOS38.

supersonic88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
supersonic88 said:
so wait curious is the animal crossing update required for wii speak to work?
i havent tested my wiispeak mic yet, but im curious if the update is needed, and if it is, is there a workaround so i can use it?

supposedly you can definitely HEAR without it (ie: running through GeckoOS you can hear others) but the general theory is you can't talk without IOS38.
oh really? ok, know of a workaround at all? also i haven't downloaded my wii speak ticket yet, does that affect the wii at all do you know?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really have no idea about the mic...sorry.

but if you didn't already grab it my fix for the IOS38 issue is all over here, just read the AC threads.

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
Use Wii Update Manager to change the update partition to an old update
...say 3.1v2 jpn/usa/pal (that you have previously installed)

and use ios patcher to patch iso to use IOS30...
no issues...
loads in main disc channel

and...no need for geckoOS

and...completely safe - no update installed - no ios files modified

SHREDMAN

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mhm...realy weird..the PAL Version won't boot in Disk-Channel and via GeckoOS..GeckoOS goes back to the configuration menu...but NTSC works without Problems in GeckoOS...weird...

Will now try to patch the IOS to 30....if this won't work, the wad is the next Thing...

(Damm, I hate to install IOS via WAD-Manager....)

Wii: 3.2E
Starfall (With Update-Blocker)
WiiKey 1.9s (Also with Update-Blocker)

Dash612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I don't know what the crap just happened, my copy of Animal Crossing got scratched because of my stupidity, so I got a new one today, but when I put it in I realized that I would need to update it because I got homebrew after my first copy got scratched, so I installed an ios that I thought would make it play, but it didn't, so I tried installing starfall, but it gave me an error, so I read about the cios downgrader and used it, but I wasn't paying attention and I downgraded to Wii Menu v2.2, so when I went to the disk channel it automatically updated my wii, so I'm thinking "oh crap I'm gonna have to borrow my friends TP and install the hbc again," but after the update I somehow had 3.3U instead of 3.4U and my copy of ACCF worked, so I am very confused.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3