ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Tomo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK - I'm getting pretty crazy mixed messages on this thread right now. I've been toying with the save editor but I can't find a way to cleanly add a villager of my choosing. Even if I do it when there's a sold plot, it still uses their house when the specified villager moves in the next day. What exactly are people doing to cleanly move in villagers?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a question. I have a shared switc, and want others to play on that switch but not on my island. By default, you can only have one island per console, but, is there any way we will be able at some time in the future to have different saves for each user instead of one in the device? Just curious, I know it can't be done rn.
It can be done right now. Not sure why you think it can't. The info is in the OP.

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a question. I have a shared switc, and want others to play on that switch but not on my island. By default, you can only have one island per console, but, is there any way we will be able at some time in the future to have different saves for each user instead of one in the device? Just curious, I know it can't be done rn.
It's a bit of a pain but I am also playing with another person in my house on one switch and we each have our own islands. We just use JKSV to backup the save each time we finish playing and, when the other person wants to play on their island, they restore their save and continue from there. Once they finish, they once again back up their save and restore the other person's save so that they can play next and continue progressing on their own island.

The thing about this is that you can never interact with the other person's island. No gifts, no sharing, no visiting, cant even add them as a friend. But it's worth it to have more than one island in my opinion.

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
that isn't up to us @Blasetzmt ,I think nintendo made that decision to which there has been a HUGE backlash of critiquing on some sites cos of it.Since it is a money grab,hopefully nintendo finds a fix for those that share a switch.But their is a fix involving backing up/restoring two seperate saves over and over to have to different island,which is a hassle

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Tomo1 check the new FIX that was literally added to the OP a few mins ago, it explains what to do

Last edited by Ultimos54,

Lupe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm a bit unsure if the Sold Plot method really gives the right house because back when the SE just released, I changed one of my villagers into another before the house is built (from Rosie to Audie, I used amiibo to invite Rosie.) Isabelle even announced it was Audie who was moving in but when I went to check, the house and furniture turned out to be Rosie's.

But that was, of course, before the whole Dump and Load feature came in. So I might have to try inviting someone using amiibo again and try using the Sold Plot method.

Last edited by Lupe,

Blasetzmt

Trophies
XP
Country
OK - I'm getting pretty crazy mixed messages on this thread right now. I've been toying with the save editor but I can't find a way to cleanly add a villager of my choosing. Even if I do it when there's a sold plot, it still uses their house when the specified villager moves in the next day. What exactly are people doing to cleanly move in villagers?
What worked for me: choose the villager you want with NHSE, then restoe backup and open the game. Now, you have to get any villager to move naturally (by inviting them to the campsite, or from an island...).. But then ,the villager that will move won't be this one, but the one you chose in NHSE.

Reactions: Lupe

hentaikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

EDIT1: ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP SAVE BEFORE DOING THIS JUST IN CASE!!!!
Here's a step by step guide since I've just successfully moved 8 villagers of my liking.

1) Save your game and extract save file.
2) Open save file with NHSE and go to Villagers tab and find the Villager you want to replace.
3) Insert empty.nhv inside the ZIP file called "empty.zip" that I've attached. (Thank you @eskil for this data and info)
4) Save file. Reload that save into your switch and visit your island. The plot should be empty WITHOUT THE SOLD SIGN.

If successful, you can proceed to the next step. If not, you've done something wrong.

5) Time travel 1 day later until SOLD sign appears
OR
Invite someone to move into your house to force SOLD sign to appear.

I personally just time travel but I do believe inviting someone can be a better method.
Once SOLD sign appears. Save and load save file into NHSE.

6) Now go to the Villagers tab and find the villager moving in and replace it with the Villager you want. For this example I will use Kabuki.
Species: 4
Variant: 9
Peronality: Cranky
Catchphrase: meooo-OH

After that, save. load that file into your game. Go back to the plot and make sure your choice of villager's name is on that plot.
Once successful, time travel for them to fully move in and visit their house.

Hope this guide helps. Let me know if you're unsure or want more question regarding this. And if someone wants to re-write this guide into a better format, feel free :)

Attachments

• empty.zip
    743 bytes · Views: 190

Blasetzmt

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a step by step guide since I've just successfully moved 8 villagers of my liking.

2) Open save file with NHSE and go to Villagers tab and find the Villager you want to replace.
3) Insert empty.nhv inside the ZIP file called "empty.zip" that I've attached. (Thank you @eskil for this data and info)
4) Save file. Reload that save into your switch and visit your island. The plot should be empty WITHOUT THE SOLD SIGN.

If successful, you can proceed to the next step. If not, you've done something wrong.

OR

I personally just time travel but I do believe inviting someone can be a better method.

6) Now go to the Villagers tab and find the villager moving in and replace it with the Villager you want. For this example I will use Kabuki.

After that, save. load that file into your game. Go back to the plot and make sure your choice of villager's name is on that plot.

Hope this guide helps. Let me know if you're unsure or want more question regarding this. And if someone wants to re-write this guide into a better format, feel free :)
It's even easier than that. I emptied a villager slot, then added the villager I wanted to have (Raymond), then invited a different one (Kabuki) and the one that will move is Raymond (since it's him who is in the code)

hentaikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's even easier than that. I emptied a villager slot, then added the villager I wanted to have (Raymond), then invited a different one (Kabuki) and the one that will move is Raymond (since it's him who is in the code)

Ohhh! that's even shorter then :D that's nice!

Lupe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thank you! Can confirm this method works for me, with correct house and furniture too!

hentaikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I may also be new, but I know the rules...
What exactly is the issue? I've been commenting since this villager issue. In our comments its clear that we tested it and even discussed. We even have people testing and vouching that it works.

I mean I suppose my account wouldn't really be new if I joined when this had 3 pages worth of comments only but I couldn't contribute since Ive got 0 idea about hexes and those stuff lol.

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thing is with that is that it might get confusing when you have a lot of villagers,but yes that is another method you can use thanks for the info @Blasetzmt . I have found that using the clear villager file then finding a new villager and editing the incoming villager may be easier for some as to not cause confusion.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if a fix/code/hack works and has been verified and works there is no problem adding it to the OP post for others to use

Blasetzmt

Trophies
XP
Country
It's basically @hentaikun 's method but some days ago I wondered If it would work to invite someone with an "available" slot but actually reserved for your favorite villager.

Tomo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

OR

So I followed these instructions to a T, and when the villager moved in, they had the house exterior and furniture of the villager they replaced. The same problem I've always been running into. I went to the island to recruit Chief, and right after the sold sign appeared, I swapped him out for Judy. Yet Judy has Chief's house.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1