ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With @scotline we are worked on the ROM a long time ago.
We can do:
Custom bfres
WVW69iWDNr0hKFmt8T

WVW69iV0tGgL6FH-TL

Custom Keyboard (romfs\Layout\Swkbd\message)
WVW69iVYyw85fqtnYC

Corruption

WVW69iR0qd4WsGzLkF

MlWA773FPoEmvaq1do

Custom texture
WVW69iQElqYInzLZot

And stuff like that
MlWA771OAEMEkFZeoF

For example with this file we can change the ground
romfs\Bg\Data\grd_jmp.bin

8410 = sand ground
CE39 = grass ground
4A29 = river ground
0000 = sea
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFJh6EElw

And in the code.bin: (HANS can't load it)
0x5B1AD0: Bypass "la limite de ce compte est atteinte" (I don't know what is this in english)
0x675CE0: Bypass 999 999 999 in bank
0x263174: Bypass 99 999 in the pocket (item generator if +99 999)
0x8BF6BB: "garden.dat" save file name

WVW69ihWg54SLuxpS8

I will not say everything, so good luck for those who want to do some thing.

Could you give us some insight as to your steps of decrypting/extracting the rom and repacking it? That seems to be where I'm stuck at the moment. I'm not interested in running a HANS patch, I want to rebuild the ROM that can be run from gateway or installed as CIA, but I can't seem to generate a legitimate ROM from the current tools.

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: ZoNtendo

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I did follow that step by step, I decrypted my personal ACNL dump on my NA N3DS XL using RxTools and ran it through the D option of the hack pack bat.
I don't get a exe folder extracted, the folder is empty (I do get a decryptedexefs.bin), and when I try to extract it manually with ctrtool I get errors. When I rebuild the rom with 3ds builder using even just the 3 extracted files with no changes, the rom shows blank in the GW menu.

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I did follow that step by step, I decrypted my personal ACNL dump on my NA N3DS XL using RxTools and ran it through the D option of the hack pack bat.
I don't get a exe folder extracted, the folder is empty (I do get a decryptedexefs.bin), and when I try to extract it manually with ctrtool I get errors. When I rebuild the rom with 3ds builder using even just the 3 extracted files with no changes, the rom shows blank in the GW menu.
Do not choose "D", for you it's "sdk6"

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly can we do in regards to modding Animal Crossing New Leaf? If I wanted to make a set of custom villagers, could I make that happen? I know my way around Maya pretty well.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently my decrypting process was borked. I did it this time by having RXTools generate xorpads instead of having it decrypt my rom itself, then used the packhack bat in ARM6 mode and I got full extracts this time. Using Ohana I was able to extract one villager's textures and put them on another, and then rename the villager by hex editing one of the files in the scripts folder. 3DS builder, and in gateway, worked great. Cheri showed up in Maple's skin with a new name. Visitors see the original villager/name of course, but it worked. Can't help you with HANS, but it is a viable option on 9.2 or less.

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
How are you posting to miiverse with a romhack, I'm guessing you used a flash cart or a custom firmware? I think Smea intentionally designed the home menu to take screenshots so nobody can post them on miiverse. Either that or it was the most convenient button to map it to, but it seems that way to me.
I posted on miiverse with VC due to the savestate that it has. (See super mario bros. Miiverse page to see)

Reactions: Shrinefox

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, for textures, tried using EveryFileExplorer?
Two problems with that--
With models I can open (fish, furniture, accessories etc.), the import texture feature is greyed out and does nothing.
GczkSve.png

With the models I even want to edit at all (player, npcs), first it says something about being out of the bounds of an array and doesn't even display the model.
Ohana3ds is the only thing I can get to open those ones.
76IZRHj.png

If you guys don't have these problems, is my EFE outdated or something? Tried building the latest one but it said I was missing references to some visual c libraries, not sure what to do there.

Last edited by Shrinefox,

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two problems with that--
With models I can open (fish, furniture, accessories etc.), the import texture feature is greyed out and does nothing.
GczkSve.png

With the models I even want to edit at all (player, npcs), first it says something about being out of the bounds of an array and doesn't even display the model.
Ohana3ds is the only thing I can get to open those ones.
76IZRHj.png

If you guys don't have these problems, is my EFE outdated or something? Tried building the latest one but it said I was missing references to some visual c libraries, not sure what to do there.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that!
For texture, use ohana3ds, or hex editing, and for EFE you can dowload the latest version on the official thread

Last edited by Mega-Mew,

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you're talking about the OLD ohana3ds. I see now.
nuzvXXy.png

Like I said before, only fish/bugs/furniture/tools show up correctly in anything other than Ohana3DS Rebirth.
This one doesn't even load NPCs or player models at all.
4yRsYgm.png

This newer version will accept them, but those are my only choices for import formats. So unless there's PNG support coming soon, or a way to convert between those formats, I literally can't edit those models.

EpicInki

Trophies
Website
EpicInki.com
XP
Country
New HANS update released by smea, if you create a romfs without removing the first 0x1000 bytes it will now work and this should also make romhacking for AC:NL possible. It did make Professor Layton romhacking possible which had the same issue as AC:NL.
You are right, it works now! I can't say the same about my TV Channel texture, it is white instead of what I put xD

EDIT: Smea is now famous in the AC:NL world :)

Last edited by EpicInki,

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
ohana rebirth can't import yet (texture and model)
If it isn't too much to request, could you please upload the build of the old ohana3DS you're using?
I don't think the one I downloaded from gbatemp can open ACNL files at all, actually. Maybe yours is newer?

I tried compiling in Visual Studio straight from github but I get errors that I don't understand. Referencing the wrong framework or missing a DLL or something, I suppose?
ajPTA4S.png

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As has been reported, the rom hack appears to work now. My Notepad++ changes to script files to replace all instances of "Mayor" with something else, however, has broken the game. Probably because these "script" files have other data I can't read which is important and gets screwed up when the file is modified. lol Isabelle just kept saying " town. Never mind." Over and over after she welcomed me and I couldn't start the game. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk