ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the browser version, Not exe.

Im sure you saw my prior reply detailing how moving the shop is temporary because it will disappear at the end of the day, and will always respawn at the acre's designated point (iirc, I have no means to test this atm. If anyone else has information that would be awesome)

Anyway, if you still want to try, or if you want to move the tree right 3 and down 3 to get a similar effect, there is a tab for buildings and pwp in the web editor. You can adjust coordinates here. Add or subtract whatever you need, or use the map page to find the exact coordinates you want. If redd's shop is currently in the town when you extract the garden.dat or acrambin it will appear here on the buildings page. You may have to scroll down to find it.

If you successfully move it, you can time travel to the next day to see if it stays there. You can also check various days to see if this will affect katrina and gracie's spawn points. I dont think it does, but I could be wrong. If you do this testing, please share your results so we can help anyone else with these questions in the future

Marth_x3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know that I can move the buildings with the coordinates, but it didn´t work. I set redds tent many times under the tree, but nothing happend. It´s still stay on the actual point on the map.
I´ll try it this weekend again, when I have enough freetime. I´ll share then my results, if I succeeded.

ShackledTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you can swap just about any model and still have the rigging match up, some special NPCs lack the "cloth" texture that is replaced with clothing textures.
It seems that in this case the game selects the first available texture to replace, which results in some... abominations.
R05jqtG.png

KK's glasses and hat share a texture so they get screwed up.
nUkisIv.png

The guitar in his other model suffers the same fate.
Isabelle is exempt from this problem for unknown reasons. Maybe at one point she was intended to be playable?

Anyway, the only way to fix this would be to add a cloth texture to each custom villager (even if it goes unused on the model). But ohana3ds doesn't allow you to do that... Anyone know a way?

Bonus:
x7DH9gD.png

I turned Toriel from Undertale into a custom villager for fun
I want that Toriel, I love Undertale, do you think you could share the files you made and give a small tutorial on where you put it so I can have her, too?

Reactions: Shrinefox

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that I can move the buildings with the coordinates, but it didn´t work. I set redds tent many times under the tree, but nothing happend. It´s still stay on the actual point on the map.
I´ll try it this weekend again, when I have enough freetime. I´ll share then my results, if I succeeded.

Interesting, this could mean that the game doesn't actually "spawn" the tent until the game loads it (similar to how clothing item models don't spawn until called" and then it loads it at the default value. If this is absolutely the case, then you may have to work around its spawn point.

Just one more quick question, does the game behave as though the tent was never moved at all? (No invisible walls, graphic glitches) and does the game recognize any other changes you made to the same loaded file?

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: deishido

ShackledTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! As for the shirt, I'm guessing you just had the shirt as an in game custom and waited for them to start wearing it? Or did you go into the files and change the design on the shirt they start with?
I changed the default shirt design the villager wears. Unfortunately, I forget which one it is, but I know it's a texture in the "furniture" directory. Wish I would have wrote it down... You can use Ohana3DS to replace the texture when you find it though

ShackledTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the default shirt design the villager wears. Unfortunately, I forget which one it is, but I know it's a texture in the "furniture" directory. Wish I would have wrote it down... You can use Ohana3DS to replace the texture when you find it though
Again, thank you, and it's fine that you can't remember, you gave plenty of info already, a little detail is bound to slip. Now we just need to get the whole goat family together. :P

ShackledTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I hate to ask, but where is the "furniture" directory? the closest I think I got is "ftr", but it's still kinda vague.

ShackledTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I found the texture I need to replace, the bad news is that I have no idea how to change it. D: Would you be able to provide the texture you have for "tops_tweed_pnk" you made to replace the shirt for Toriel in the items folder?

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here made any custom villagers for the game? I've seen a few on tumblr and thought that other people might be playing around with it here too. I'd really like to create some myself, but I have zero artistic ability and no clue how to use photoshop or programs like it to manipulate the textures.

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here made any custom villagers for the game? I've seen a few on tumblr and thought that other people might be playing around with it here too. I'd really like to create some myself, but I have zero artistic ability and no clue how to use photoshop or programs like it to manipulate the textures.
That would be me, a couple posts above I linked to a video that explains the process a bit.
But if you wanted to edit the textures, you could probably even just use MSPaint if you wanted... Ohana3DS can import and export using PNG which is supported by everything.

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be me, a couple posts above I linked to a video that explains the process a bit.
But if you wanted to edit the textures, you could probably even just use MSPaint if you wanted... Ohana3DS can import and export using PNG which is supported by everything.

Oh wow, don't know how I missed that. Maybe I'll give Paint a try and see how things turn out. Who knows what kind of abominations I might create... :wacko:

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
So, I was messing around with the textures, and...

1454429443-wvw69i2hw80cjl4uzz.jpg

Now I'll work on more serious things... by the way do you know if the fish/bugs spawn time/rate is hardcoded in the code.bin or called from the romfs?

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was messing around with Julian's color scheme...
tumblr_o1xqjmLXkn1rbl40oo1_400.jpg
tumblr_o1xqjmLXkn1rbl40oo4_400.jpg

And then I tried something a little bit more complicated. She didn't come out too badly if you don't look too closely! xD
tumblr_o1xxlaf83y1rbl40oo2_400.jpg
tumblr_o1xxlaf83y1rbl40oo6_400.jpg

Here she is sizing up her competition:
tumblr_o1xxlaf83y1rbl40oo5_400.jpg

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Heres video of mine: https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/dl2KeP-M8HuWQpmgp537Tw/138010363403

tumblr_o1hxgy0Xhp1r2q4jjo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o1hxgy0Xhp1r2q4jjo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_o1hxgy0Xhp1r2q4jjo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_o1hxgy0Xhp1r2q4jjo7_1280.jpg

I used the old ohana to extract the textures from the species I wanted, then reinjected them to that species. I then found an animal with the personality I want and the same, or more, letters in the name, and renamed my model to replace theirs (pig14.bcres in the case of the black wolf here) I then renamed them in the npc name list (can't remember the exact file name, sorry. Its in this thread somewhere) this whole method works for hhd too (mostly) if you replace an animal of another species, their old icon appears on your touchscreen. I think constpack.bin might have a species marker that can control this. Also that villagers photo would need to be updated as well in the furniture files and their amiibo card/house icon in hhd.

I have also been testing the constpack.bin files value to edit dreams, family, personality and stuff, but so far I haven't found the exact way personality works. It SEEMS to be located here, but im not getting it to work right. It would be a million times easier if I didn't need to recompile for every test.

Reactions: mental_lentil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...