Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Vigilante said:
gokujr1000 said:
This could have been much better if it had NSMB Graphics instead of being a Port...
Though it had a song cd and a booklet of mario history
A CD with ten tracks, five of which are maybe less than 5 seconds because they were "coin" or "1-UP" or something... and a book that lacked half the interesting details you could've found online.
Yeah, they didn't put that much effort into making a great Limited Edition Anniversary Collection that everyone, old and young, would want to buy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if you look at this from the view of someone who doesn't pirate then it's not bad.

My friend doesn't pirate or really use emulators but she really likes the Mario games. She got the collection for Christmas and loves it. She brings it to parties and it usually sees some popular rotation. Seeing as the collection is like $30 and buying all the games on the VC is $23 ($5 a piece for SMB, SMB2, and SMB3, $8 for SMB: TLL) and you get some extras in this (nothing significant but goodies are goodies) and the portability of just being able to bring it on a disc, I don't see it as being a rip off.

Seeing as we're pretty much all pirates and use emulators and stuff then we won't see much use of it. But for someone whose not, it's probably a pretty nice game for your collection.

There was kinda a similar reception by people here when the Sonic Classic Collection came out. You can go find my review if you really want and I basically went more in-depth on why the game was actually pretty good.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I mean if you look at this from the view of someone who doesn't pirate then it's not bad.

My friend doesn't pirate or really use emulators but she really likes the Mario games. She got the collection for Christmas and loves it. She brings it to parties and it usually sees some popular rotation. Seeing as the collection is like $30 and buying all the games on the VC is $23 ($5 a piece for SMB, SMB2, and SMB3, $8 for SMB: TLL) and you get some extras in this (nothing significant but goodies are goodies) and the portability of just being able to bring it on a disc, I don't see it as being a rip off.

Seeing as we're pretty much all pirates and use emulators and stuff then we won't see much use of it. But for someone whose not, it's probably a pretty nice game for your collection.

There was kinda a similar reception by people here when the Sonic Classic Collection came out. You can go find my review if you really want and I basically went more in-depth on why the game was actually pretty good.
I didn't pirate it either but they definitely could have put a lot more into it than they did.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I didn't pirate it either but they definitely could have put a lot more into it than they did.

Most likely, they should've at least added Super Mario World or better goodies, but it's still not a bad package to get. It's still 3 great games (SMB2... Not so much) in a convenient package.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

Most likely, they should've at least added Super Mario World or better goodies, but it's still not a bad package to get. It's still 3 great games (SMB2... Not so much) in a convenient package.
That's true, I can't complain.

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice if they would care and do something new, such as two players on one screen like sonic, and updated version of super mario land 2, and maybe full 3d graphics.

NO BUY

HuMaNpUmPkIn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
I consider this to be something of a rip-off. Like some people have said, the CD is sub par and the booklet has information you could find online easily. If they'd included anything substantial at all (People have mentioned Sega, the masters of compilations, check out any compilation they've done apart from the latest, they've all been pretty amazing). Interviews, old trailers for each game, I would've bought this. But I see zero incentive to buy this when all the games are on VC.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's funny how people are like "they didn't even update it!!!!" Seriously, you play a game for graphics? lol.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
kthnxshwn said:
I think it's funny how people are like "they didn't even update it!!!!" Seriously, you play a game for graphics? lol.
It would be fine if they didn't update the graphics and add a level or two. Or if they included Super Mario World. Or put in any effort at all into the game, other than their marketing department.

They just slapped Super Mario All-Stars (the version sans World) onto a disc and asked for money.

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is they will re-release this with a new "bonus version" that just has the super mario allstars + world rom burnt on to it.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
my jimmy-rigged SNES with a small ball of foil in the power port with the power cable strapped onto it with tape to keep it system working.

Sounds like an electrical fire just waiting to happen.

Anyway, on topic, if they sold just the book alone for a decent price, I'd probably get it, but I have no interest in a few roms on a disc with nothing else special going on.

Atomglow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice for people who doesn't have had a Super Nintendo.

This Picture is saying what I want to say about this.

15022011z.jpg

Proud owner since 1996
yay.gif

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atomglow said:
Nice for people who doesn't have had a Super Nintendo.

This Picture is saying what I want to say about this.

15022011z.jpg

Proud owner since 1996
yay.gif

Damn, that SNES looks fine, as do the carts. My kidhood SNES was the big and bulky one. I guess it's either a SNES 2, a european model or both, seeing the shape of those carts.

I had SMAS too as a kid, in fact it was my first game (along with Yogi Bear)

But ya, we're going to see an article like this pop up again a few more times until fans/collectors/suckers really start complaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one