Not open for further replies.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I can get rid of stupid pop up that I go everywhere on this website. I close and i go other place, it back. Who create this moron pop up ad?! Tell this person remove it already. It really annoying and lag a bit for loading.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a rather large pop-up that consistently comes back after I press close. It says "Play Now" and "Download" with a "Close" box off to the right at the bottom of the screen. This is extremely annoying. It's as bad as ps3hax's website. Please fix this!

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I use Aurora (Latest FF alpha build) with adblocker enabled and have never seen those ads mentioned. I went ahead and checked whatever version of IE is on here though, and there were ads with false download and play links. Upon signing in, the ads disappeared. Upon signing out, they reappeared.

Wiip™

Worth a penny.
Trophies
XP
Country
16aqpw4.png

I get this one or something about an iPhone 3?

It's in dutch since I'm in the Netherlands atm. :lol:

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should we have to bloat up our browser with plugins just because GBATEMP decided to add ads when ur not signed in?

D

Deleted-236924

Why should we have to bloat up our browser with plugins just because GBATEMP decided to add ads when ur not signed in?
This is the kind of plugin that you are going to end up installing anyways.

S

spectral

I was getting them in Firefox 7.0.1. Signed in as people earlier in the thread suggested and they've gone. They really do look like the kind of ads you'd get from adware, however its very unlikely that so many users have the same infection and even more unlikely that adware would suddenly stop because you signed in.

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get them signed in or out on IE. On a works laptop so dont have privlages to install pop up blockers or firefox.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
var zflag_nid="1282"; var zflag_cid="820"; var zflag_sid="0"; var zflag_width="1"; var zflag_height="1"; var zflag_sz="16";

this annoying banner is put into the "div" here.
Code:
var zflag_nid="1282"; var zflag_cid="820"; var zflag_sid="0"; var zflag_width="1"; var zflag_height="1"; var zflag_sz="16"; 

function zzcatfishclose(){document.getElementById('zzadfooter').style.display="none";document.getElementById('zzadclose').style.display="none";document.getElementById('zzadcontent').style.display="none";document.getElementById('zzright').style.display="none";}var zzcfWidth= 728 ;;var zzcfHeight= 90;document.write('#zzadfooter{position:fixed;left:0px; bottom:0px; height:'+zzcfHeight+';width:100%; z-index:99999;}* html #zzadfooter{z-index:99999; position:absolute; top:expression((0-(zzadfooter.offsetHeight)+(document.documentElement.clientHeight ? document.documentElement.clientHeight : document.body.clientHeight)+(ignoreMe = document.documentElement.scrollTop ? document.documentElement.scrollTop : document.body.scrollTop))+"px");}');document.write('  
C
l
o
s
e
 ');
#zzadfooter{position:fixed;left:0px; bottom:0px; height:90;width:100%; z-index:99999;}* html #zzadfooter{z-index:99999; position:absolute; top:expression((0-(zzadfooter.offsetHeight)+(document.documentElement.clientHeight ? document.documentElement.clientHeight : document.body.clientHeight)+(ignoreMe = document.documentElement.scrollTop ? document.documentElement.scrollTop : document.body.scrollTop))+"px");}

C
l
o
s
e

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this floating ad too on IE 9. (all popup blockers on highest levels.) It is only when on THIS SITE. It does not show on any other web page, which tells me it's not tied to my comp but to this site... mine only shows a download button large in green box, with the red tab as shown in previous screen shots but no real ad just a count-down timer to the left of the download button.. that' says " you've got XX seconds to click."

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I have flashblock so I don't really see them, but I see the close button lol.

It doesn't go away after signing in (using Chrome latest)

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
jhuiwp.png

As you can see: I'm on Mac, Chrome, signed and ads appear between posts too, not just the hovering one at the botom.

Gbatemp must've been compromised or intentionally added them.

IMO, it's quite annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?