Atomic-Red-Star

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Grew up with with the classic systems, long time gamer, and even managed to land a job in gaming. I've been doing emulation for a long time. Actually, as I think about it, immediately after buying my first computer ever (a Mac clone if anyone remembers those dark days) I was surfing the early internets for emulation. Particularly since in those days, there weren't a lot of options to game in a Mac.

Owned dozens of systems, been building RetroPies, side loading emulators, messing with the mini systems, using EverDrives, you name it. If it has a screen, I usually want to find a way to load back-ups to them. Like an addict, suddenly emulation wasn't enough, and more recently I began collecting my favorite systems. Currently running with 2x NES, 2x SEGA Genesis' (one with a 32x and SEGA CD adds), 2x Wiis and more recently an awesome PCE DUO R. Not sure why I always buy two, ha ha. I also recently bought Analogue's Mega Sg, and I highly recommend it for the SEGA nerds out there. And of course I also own all the current gen systems.

I'm super late to the 2/3DS party, but recently wanted to play GB(C)(A) and NDS games in a more native environment, and that's what brought me here. I had no idea how amazing of an emulation machine the 2DS XL was. These forums were incredible in helping me with CFW and VC injection. Simply amazing to me that I can play my Revenge of Shinobi game on my Genesis and then transition to my dumped ROM on my 2DS XL. It's such a great system for classic emulation. I love it. So much so I ordered a second one :) Happy to officially join and share my experiences.

Last edited by Atomic-Red-Star,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the...