Hardware Another look at the Circle Pad Pro

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
This, I can't play mario kart for 20 minute, I need this thing to hold the 3DS better.
I might put this thing on my 3DS while playing Mario Kart 7 just so my hands don't cramp as bad. ;)
Erm - perhaps I didn't hear the video correctly but didn't he say they couldn't try it out as there's no games available that are compatible... & yet MarioKart 7 is out....

Doesn't that mean that Mario Kart isn't compatible with it ????

Or do you mean - you'll just put it on to make the 3DS 'bigger' so that you can hold it better.... Hmm :unsure: - $20 to make the 3DS bigger.... Nah - I'll rather get a padded case instead

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd definitely get it to make the 3DS more ergonomic, playing mario kart properly for any length of time does start to hurt my hand. nintendo products are normally very ergonomic where possible.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not the typical "click" hooks?
This is what I'm wondering. There even little holes in the front and back of the 3DS that appear to serve no purpose other than give accessories a place to hold on to the system.

nintendo products are normally very ergonomic where possible.

Every single Nintendo handheld is shaped like a brick. Not exactly ergonomic :P

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still think the only real usefulness the circle pad pro has is for Shooters (I dont know how monster hunter plays but it doesnt look like a shooter so I asume cammera controls?) which, thanks to the new circle pad, are now right hand friendly. Anything else I think is just flat out stupid when the touch screen is more accurate, but I would buy if KIs controls were crap.

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
there's a big difference between the more comfortable bricks and the DS Lite/3DS though (never owned the DSI/DSI-XL) :D

anything to add a bit of bulk to the thing, I put a lot of hours in on MKDS on the DS Phat and found it to be far less controllable when i traded up to the Lite :(

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I want it, looks comfortable. Why hate it cause it's a bit big if it makes the handheld more comfortable? :)

I don't think it does, and I'm not hating on the circlepad because despite the fact that it "adds useful buttons to the console", I'm hating on it because the console was supposed to have them from the start. I'd also design it in a more symetric manner, have the screens in the center rather than aligned to the left, even at the cost of having to add another L button. Because that'd make sense to me.

I also don't like how you need to remove the 3DS from the circlepad to switch games - pointless.

I'd really, really prefere to buy a 3DS lite rather than attempt CPR on the 3DS that lacked some functionality from the start.
Lol, really? The 3DS was supposed to have 2 sticks from the start? What, did they even showcase a demo unit sporting two sticks? Talk about crying over spilled milk. How about the 3D touchscreen, why isn't anybody whining over that?

As far as I'm concerned, as long as it works, why fix it? This peripheral clearly works and is preferred by game devs themselves. If it's good enough for the people who made the game, it's good enough for me.

Bottomline: if you hate it so much, then don't use it. i'm not the one who'll be missing out.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Bottomline: if you hate it so much, then don't use it. i'm not the one who'll be missing out.

I agree. Some people let their judgment get the best of them. It seems to greatly show in the case of the gamers of today. Spoiled rotten by the two joystick idea, and all of these buttons. Truthfully? I think the 3DS is fine without the peripheral. Why? Well, let's see. It only really adds TWO buttons, and an additional joystick. Yea, I like the idea of two joysticks.. but I really don't think I'm going hardcore on this thing. So why? Not to mention, the touchscreen would work JUST FINE as a second "joystick."

Answer me this? To all who loved the original DS so much, why did you at all expect the 3DS to be so much different? If you want something "high-end" (I use it very lightly in this case) then wait for the PSVita. You bunch of ungrateful hoodlums. I'm content with what the 3DS has currently (battery aside) and a peripheral like this may come in handy some day. However, I don't think it's worth crying over if you just have to place your console in a holder for a while.

Reactions: 2 people

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
All I have to say is...

Mega_Drive_II_(PAL)_%2B_Mega-CD_II_(PAL)_%2B_32X_(PAL).jpg

600px-Satellaview_with_Super_Famicom.jpg

Circle-Pad-Pro-Pal-release-date-1079344.jpg

Welcome Back, early 90ties!

DUDE how could you !! :blink: you forget the most awesome thing ever invented..............

THE GAMECUBE GAMEBOY ADAPTER !!!
imgres

OP. come on...... guys this would be like the ugliest biggest no design feelingless handheld ever.... (if you attach that that..... THAT MONSTER !! ) :wtf:

(sorry guys didnt want to quote the whole thing).. dunno how to change,

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I'm wondering. There even little holes in the front and back of the 3DS that appear to serve no purpose other than give accessories a place to hold on to the system.

Game_Boy_Advance.png

All of 'em, right?

Reactions: 3 people

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
^^ happy memories of playing F-Zero and Super Circuit on the good ol' GBA. Think Nintendo really lost the plot for handheld ergonomics after the DS Phat. the original Game Boys weren't as uncomfortable to play cause they were vertical and without shoulder buttons.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea when there will be one with a built in battery pack for the 3DS (4000mah should do it) and be Qi compatible for charging so you never have to plug your 3DS in ever again?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
If Resident Evil plays fine without this, there's no way I'm getting it...

And it if doesn't, I most likely just won't get the game.
I've been playing the mercenaries, it works wonders without the circle pad pro
it would only really give you an upper hand with the extra shoulder buttons (no need to press the control pad to switch weapons)

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Game_Boy_Advance.png

All of 'em, right?
Still pretty brick-like if you ask me...

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of a 2nd analog stick for some games. Definitely getting resident evil, so that's why I'll get the circle pad.
What I don't care for is that the thing needs its own battery and makes the screens seem off center. I can live with it though.
What is really pissing me off about it is that It's gonna be a gamestop exclusive in the US. At least when it first releases. I know some ppl love gamestop or just don't care about the issue, but for a company to have the market cornered on a first party peripheral is just ridiculous imho.
It should be considered a monopoly and not allowed.
I looked at several sites all sayin It's GS exclusive. At least upon release. Guess they'll be gettin $20 from me. :( I'll get my resident evil elsewhere though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo